show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 6:13 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
\

Dry steeps from the other week, anyone else think the nomad is awkward in the steep corners?

I thought my large was so bought a medium, much better now.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 3:44 Quote
crookster89H2F wrote:
Always wanted to try and build a bike so I found a good deal on a Bronson frame and built it piece by piece over the winter. Pretty stoked on how it turned out! Huge learning experience!

photo
photo
photo

That thing looks sick! Where did you buy that top tube protector with "Bronson" printed on it?

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
Shartriloquist wrote:
crookster89H2F wrote:
Always wanted to try and build a bike so I found a good deal on a Bronson frame and built it piece by piece over the winter. Pretty stoked on how it turned out! Huge learning experience!

photo
photo
photo

That thing looks sick! Where did you buy that top tube protector with "Bronson" printed on it?

Thanks man! I have a buddy that does graphics and protectors as a side business. He can basically make you almost anything you want. his account on here is rlaws

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
My new Bronson, just arrived yesterday. Absolutely buzzing!!

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 2:42 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo

My first Santa Cruz, a new Megatower

Fox 36 factory, 170mm travel
Fox X2
DT EX511s on 350s
Full XT 12 speed
XT 4 pots
Fox transfer dropper

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 0:07 Quote
jamescrichton wrote:
photo

Fox X2
DT EX511s on 350s
Full XT 12 speed
XT 4 pots
Fox transfer dropper
How's the new XT 12sp?

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 0:24 Quote
Here's my new custom Bronson cc
It is by some distance the best bike I've ever ridden never mind owned.
I started with the s spec as a guide but went with
dt swiss xm481 rims on hope pro4 hubs
Hope e4 brakes
Shimano icetech rotors
Xtr pedals

This bike is amazing..

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 3:22 Quote
sam264 wrote:

Fox X2
DT EX511s on 350s
Full XT 12 speed
XT 4 pots
Fox transfer dropper
How's the new XT 12sp?[/Quote]

The range is fantastic. So far I would say the shifting is not as solid as the SRAM X1 I had on my old bike (2016 Giant reign 1). The shifter feel is lighter. The shifts are reliable and smooth but don't quite have that reassuringly solid clunky feel of SRAM. Still bedding in, only been on one proper ride so far, so will see with time. Overall it feels pretty good I'd say. You can shift 4+ gears easily and it will just rattle through them without complaint.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 3:23 Quote
The XT 4 pot brakes are excellent, stacks of power, better modulation than my previous Saints.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
new colours are on the SC website!

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US

Also new Hightower that honestly looks pretty awesome. Will be considering for my next bike as I don't think I can justify a Megatower.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
v7fmp wrote:

They still have yet to come up with a colorway that competes with the OG V3 Nomad. That's literally the #1 reason I haven't switched bikes yet.
Corner Canyon Draper UT

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
Really!???

Each to their own :-)

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
jblaski wrote:
v7fmp wrote:

They still have yet to come up with a colorway that competes with the OG V3 Nomad. That's literally the #1 reason I haven't switched bikes yet.
Corner Canyon Draper UT

I agree, the Industry Blue Bronson is a cool colour too, but thats by far my favourite!

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
msix wrote:
jblaski wrote:
v7fmp wrote:

Corner Canyon Draper UT

I agree, the Industry Blue Bronson is a cool colour too, but thats by far my favourite!

had a black n3, then got hooked on a blue bronson v3. sadly, as it is kinda impossible to get in alu. so after 6 month of waiting i just cancelled the order on the blue, and got a grey in a week. got to say, in person the color is way better than on the photos. and i kinda like the new ht too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032876
Mobile Version of Website