PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
christiaan wrote:
831SCB wrote:
sosburn wrote:
maybe different/more powerful brakes?

yeah been looking at codes. thoughts/opinions, maybe a different brand altogether?
Have code rsc and ultimate, love em!
Been on code rsc for a few months. Amazing. Never touching shimano again. Shimano xt are great if you like skidding your rear wheel around every turn. It is fun and looks cool but controlled modulation is faster hands down.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
+1 for Code brakes. Amazing lever feel and modulation.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
Loving the Brake Bias, i still use my feet lol

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
831SCB wrote:
gmoss wrote:
Wheels would be next on my list. The one best improvement over the OEM. I was amazed at the difference. I was familiar with tight engagement, but the rotational weight reduction and stiffness increase changed the bike. Brakes, meh. SRAM brakes kinda of suck at that level, and going to Shimano XT work fine, but would not be next for me. Actually, I would have done wheels prior to fork.

I had a 17 5010 aluminum build, btw.

The fork was too good of deal to pass up for me. been looking at wheel sets, carbon is out of price range for sure

Sometimes you have to jump on a deal.

Build you a set on colorado cyclist.com I have bought two sets from them. Pics in my gallery, one of which was for my 5010. They were about $800 or so. I9/Flow combo.

My HTLT came with Code R's and I was not that impressed and preferred my XT's. Maybe they were not bedded in yet.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
TRP for the WIN on motorcycle like modulation

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
Code RSC are probably the best bet. Tons of power and precise modulation.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
anyone use the new XTR 4pots yet? wondering how they feel in terms of other shimano brakes.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 17:46 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
christiaan wrote:
831SCB wrote:

yeah been looking at codes. thoughts/opinions, maybe a different brand altogether?
Have code rsc and ultimate, love em!
Been on code rsc for a few months. Amazing. Never touching shimano again. Shimano xt are great if you like skidding your rear wheel around every turn. It is fun and looks cool but controlled modulation is faster hands down.

I rarely lock up my xt's after switching to Icetech rotors and organic pads. Technique has a lot to do with it too. I have a lot of modulation. Takes more pull to get them to lock up.

But, I cannot say I have not been interested in other brakes, namely Hope or Magura.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
sosburn wrote:
anyone use the new XTR 4pots yet? wondering how they feel in terms of other shimano brakes.

They're definitely pretty powerful. Not that impressive for the price though.The thicker lever blade is a nice touch. Their new drivetrain is the cool thing with the group. Codes are a great product. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know how to setup their shit if you ask me.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
nubbs wrote:
sosburn wrote:

They're definitely pretty powerful. Not that impressive for the price though.The thicker lever blade is a nice touch. Their new drivetrain is the cool thing with the group. Codes are a great product. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know how to setup their shit if you ask me.

I've only used code RSCs on demo bikes, didn't like them except for on rock faces, but also the lever feels kinda wack. good to know the XTRs aren't worth the dough.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 21:38 Quote
Levers on old guide rscs were nice chunky lovely bitey and well modued system

Now Sram have gone a backwards turn

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 22:56 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Levers on old guide rscs were nice chunky lovely bitey and well modued system

Now Sram have gone a backwards turn

I've got the G2 RSC on my Blur 4X and they have an awesome lever feel.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
831SCB wrote:
photo

D+ 5010. Nothing too fancy but swapped the fork with a 34 performance elite, new bars. Not sure what to add next?

looks awesome , but I'd suggest some Hope tesh3 V4's or set of MT7's

...maybe even the new G2's if your budget allows

.. and black grips Wink

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 4:46 Quote
Brand new bike with codes vs. 2 yr old xt's on 2 bikes in my garage at the same time. The codes did not perform nearly as well. And as I said, maybe the pads needed lots of bedding in. I was actually trying to figure a way to keep them till I rode them, as much as I dislike SRAM products, figuring 4 pot brakes would be better.

Set up has nothing to do with my experience.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016738
Mobile Version of Website