show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
If your Codes don't perform better than XT's then something is wrong. You might need to get new pads, clean and sand the rotors then bed them in following Sram's bed in procedures (there's a PDF online).

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Eh, they are gone now. They had the shifter and post lever integrated and I was not keeping the sram drivetrain or the rockshox post. Let it all go on my 18.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 9:56 Quote
yeah i think its just preference. i like sram for drivetrains but their brakes just dont feel right to me. i try not to use my brakes anyways so i feel like srams might be good if youre always kind of leaning on the lever

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
sosburn wrote:
yeah i think its just preference.

I agree but the Codes should definitely have more power than 2 piston XT's.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
I would agree here too especially as speed is the key

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
sosburn wrote:
yeah i think its just preference. i like sram for drivetrains but their brakes just dont feel right to me. i try not to use my brakes anyways so i feel like srams might be good if youre always kind of leaning on the lever

it is, for most.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
yeah i think its just preference.

I agree but the Codes should definitely have more power than 2 piston XT's.

I expected them to be, but they felt as vague and weak as the Guides I had on my 2017 5010. Pad and rotor material make as much a difference in how a brake feels and works as does the brake itself. To me, the Icetechs with organic pads have a great feel for the fast XC type/light downhill stuff I ride. Not all or nothing, but will dig in without instant lock up on a steep fast braking corner. I did not get this with the factory Codes on my HTLT. I ride with the guy I sold my 18 to, so next time I may try to get a spin on his bike to see if it was just a matter of the pads and rotors bedding in. May just be difference in lever feel too.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
new Santa Cruz nomad v4 bike park rig

new nomad cc v4 med
lyrik ultimate 180mm
super deluxe coil 165mm
sram x01 dh 7spd cassette
Maxxis assagai dh front dhr11 rear
saint zee brakes

built for whistler and uk bike parks , its amazing for tech and jump trails

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 16:55 Quote
scblurlt wrote:
new Santa Cruz nomad v4 bike park rig

new nomad cc v4 med
lyrik ultimate 180mm
super deluxe coil 165mm
sram x01 dh 7spd cassette
Maxxis assagai dh front dhr11 rear
saint zee brakes

built for whistler and uk bike parks , its amazing for tech and jump trails
A beauty in it's natural habitat.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 1:15 Quote
Yo SCBlurLT-am interested to know what water bottle you have?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

Bold placement of tube/tool (or whatever it is)....that defo okay there? i thought about strapping there but wasn't sure.

How is that coil deluxe?

Nice build man.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

cage is a specialized zee carbon left hand load with emergency multi tool , bottle is a camel back podium , great bottle with lockable top

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
I bloody knew it! A Dirt version - Nice1!

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
mischieff wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Bold placement of tube/tool (or whatever it is)....that defo okay there? i thought about strapping there but wasn't sure.

How is that coil deluxe?

Nice build man.

cheers

have run my spare tube / levers and co2 strapped to the suspension pivot bracket for ever with no issues , do the same on my Bronson again with zero issues , use a one up bike strap , but any ski strap will do just as well

super deluxe coil is great , tracks the ground very well , but still lively enough on jump trails , very good on steep tech trails with heavy braking points

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014067
Mobile Version of Website