show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 23:28 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
Future customer here. Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here. Had a dhx2 on my nomad 3 and really missing that coil feel on my new Bronson. Will the dhx2 or the ccdb coil fit? Also will the progression increase be enough to support the mid and end stroke on a coil shock or should I still consider a progressive spring? Thanks again.

Both the DHX2 and the CCDB coil will fit! I've been really liking my DHX2. Lately I've been running a Super Deluxe coil to compare and am quite surprised with how good it feels actually. The progression increase is enough to support mid and end stroke with a standard coil. We've been doing all our testing with standard springs. Another PB user just did a write-up on a prototype Bronson link that he's on here https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=213909 if you want to see someone else's take on it. The production link will have the same performance characteristics, but shock clearance will be much improved. As you'll be able to see in his photos it's a very tight fit with the prototype link. Ohlins is one of the narrower coil shocks and we wanted it to be able to work with all models.

Awesome!
Thanks

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Hightower CC
160 forks,offset bushings,rear shock stroke 55mm(145mm travel)
Longer and slacker Than the LT,whilst maintaining bb height.
photo

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
I loved my Hightower. Sad to see them change it actually. The last generation Hightower LT was my favorite in terms of performance and aesthetics.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
I loved my Hightower. Sad to see them change it actually. The last generation Hightower LT was my favorite in terms of performance and aesthetics.

Good to hear. Just bought a 19 Hightower, and have an LT. Will post up some pics as soon as all my parts come in...

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
Does anyone find vpp a bit sucky sucky whilst pedalling ?
Like good for loadsa traction just too much

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Does anyone find vpp a bit sucky sucky whilst pedalling ?
Like good for loadsa traction just too much

nah the only time i ever feel like its too much is on a fireroad/paved climb but i think thats most bikes these days

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
Oh right i was just wondering if they’ve improved feel of vpp since blur ltc years

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Oh right i was just wondering if they’ve improved feel of vpp since blur ltc years

Lol I sure would hope it has since that bike came out... Vpp on the new low link shock bikes kicks ass. Go try one.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

that was literally 10 years ago...

reminds me of when sc used to make single pivot models. i wonder what it would look like if they designed one now

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
Wish they would. Would luv to have a modern Superlight...in carbon!

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Wish they would. Would luv to have a modern Superlight...in carbon!

or a nickel that isnt ugly as shit haha

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 23:32 Quote
I liked my Nickel a lot. Same geo as the Blur TR without the price tag.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
Surprising enough some ask carbon prices for old nickels / butchers even though mind an alloy sc or any alloy framed bike would tempt me away from buying plastic again

As carbon isnt all its cracked up to be ime

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
I'd never go back to aluminum if carbon was an option.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 5:38 Quote
Hmmm interested to hear your reasons plus i miss decent trans paint jobs lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011235
Mobile Version of Website