show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
Anyone here go from a v2 -> v3 5010? I’m mulling the decision. I’m 6’.75” and was on a XL v2, contemplating a large v3 if it feels right during a demo. Also, anyone using a progressive coil on a 5010 v3?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
stonant wrote:
Anyone here go from a v2 -> v3 5010? I’m mulling the decision. I’m 6’.75” and was on a XL v2, contemplating a large v3 if it feels right during a demo. Also, anyone using a progressive coil on a 5010 v3?
At your height i'd absolutely ignor anything that is not xl/xxl. Unless you like riding a bmx.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
stonant wrote:

You're just under 6'1"? I'm 6' and my large 2019 hightower lt is perfect. If you have the demo option just buy what feels right. Maybe that's xl but maybe not.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
I’m 6’2” and went for a L 5010 V3. I demo’d a L and a XL V2 right before the V3 came out and felt that I was sort of between the two sizes. With the V3 being a bit longer I went for a L and it suits my needs perfectly. I wanted a playful bike and don’t like being stretched out when seated.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
sosburn wrote:
welp, returned my megatower frame this afternoon after not building it up for almost two months. sounds dumb but i like my hightower so much i just didnt want to move the parts over :/

Did you return the megatower or did the megatower return you?

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
Shartriloquist wrote:
sosburn wrote:
welp, returned my megatower frame this afternoon after not building it up for almost two months. sounds dumb but i like my hightower so much i just didnt want to move the parts over :/

Did you return the megatower or did the megatower return you?

i ordered the frame the day they were introduced and had one soon after, but then things happened in my personal life wherein itd be better to have the cash and wait till next summer to swap frames. also lusting after the hightower v2 and forbidden druid didnt help haha.

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo

Just finished my new Megatower build. Hope it rides as good as it looks!

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
jramm0302 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

Just finished my new Megatower build. Hope it rides as good as it looks!

It's lovely. Shame maxxis don't do red logos.

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
Should have threw a Shout on there!!

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Should have threw a Shout on there!!

And ruin such a sweet ride?

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
Hi guys.

I'm about to buy a V3 Bronson frame, however, I can't decide what size to get. I'm 170 (5'7") tall, and have a 75cm (29") inseam. SC website suggests to get a medium, but I'm coming off a dirt jump background and really like to throw around the bike, so I consider getting a small frame. But then again, I plan to participate in a few enduro races, where maybe the longer bike would make it faster and smoother. Also my last trailbike was a 2018 Canyon Spectral in Medium and with 30mm stem and seat slammed to the front it was ok, but I always felt, that maybe a sizing down would make it more fun. The Bronson in medium has a slightly shorter reach than the Canyon, but as the headtube is slacker, the wheelbase is longer. Any suggestions, opinions? Cheers.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
I’m guessing there’s no demo option locally? Sometimes worth checking their national tour dates. I think they run into October sometimes

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
viktorcsaszar wrote:
Hi guys.

I'm about to buy a V3 Bronson frame, however, I can't decide what size to get. I'm 170 (5'7") tall, and have a 75cm (29") inseam. SC website suggests to get a medium, but I'm coming off a dirt jump background and really like to throw around the bike, so I consider getting a small frame. But then again, I plan to participate in a few enduro races, where maybe the longer bike would make it faster and smoother. Also my last trailbike was a 2018 Canyon Spectral in Medium and with 30mm stem and seat slammed to the front it was ok, but I always felt, that maybe a sizing down would make it more fun. The Bronson in medium has a slightly shorter reach than the Canyon, but as the headtube is slacker, the wheelbase is longer. Any suggestions, opinions? Cheers.

i would go medium. even at the recommended size the v3 bronson is stupidly easy to throw around. and if you plan on doing races the longer wheelbase will feel less skittish at speed.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
viktorcsaszar wrote:
Hi guys.

Get a medium. My co-worker is your same height and rides a medium. Jumps, drops, etc no issues.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030795
Mobile Version of Website