show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
Anybody running a coil on their Bronson V3? I know it’s not recommend by SC but I miss my dhx2 and I’ve read elsewhere people are making it work.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
Anybody running a coil on their Bronson V3? I know it’s not recommend by SC but I miss my dhx2 and I’ve read elsewhere people are making it work.

i know that the Rat was running one.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
There’s the linkage made by cascadia components that increases progressiveness and allows clearance for any shock on the market but it’s $250. Add in the price of the shock and I’d probably just spend $800 on a storia. Which I may be leaning towards. That tax return money is really easy to spend.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
still got a few months before that time comes around :/

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 19:21 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
There’s the linkage made by cascadia components that increases progressiveness and allows clearance for any shock on the market but it’s $250. Add in the price of the shock and I’d probably just spend $800 on a storia. Which I may be leaning towards. That tax return money is really easy to spend.

No amount of damper will fix the lack of progressivity in a frame. Damping force is purely a function of shaft speed and can't provide mid-stroke support or bottom out resistance like a progressive leverage curve can. Our link with a DHX2 will outperform a Storia and the combo can be had for a similar amount Wink

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
Elynberg wrote:
I'm enjoying mine...

Tight fit

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
scjeremy wrote:

No amount of damper will fix the lack of progressivity in a frame. Damping force is purely a function of shaft speed and can't provide mid-stroke support or bottom out resistance like a progressive leverage curve can. Our link with a DHX2 will outperform a Storia and the combo can be had for a similar amount Wink
Good point. I appreciate you participating in these forums. Another benefit to adding the modified linkage is being able to run a different shock in the future. There’s always something new just around the corner. With the storia, looks like you’d have to send it over seas for service which is a big down side as well. It does look like a tight fit in these photos. I assume you’ve tested it with a dhx2 and it clears the shock tunnel?

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
I like the technical side of things and seeing people's opinions. The DHX2 clears the shock tunnel much easier than the photos make it look. We have even tested it with a Super Deluxe coil which is even fatter and that clears fine too. Top of travel is just about as close as the shock gets to the tunnel so clearance only increases from there.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
christiaan wrote:

Tight fit

Nobody likes it sloppy

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
christiaan wrote:

Tight fit

Nobody likes it sloppy
Unless it's Joe's.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
With the storia, looks like you’d have to send it over seas for service which is a big down side as well.

Here's the US sales and service location:

http://www.brennanautosport.com/mountain-bike/ext-racing-shox/

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 20:53 Quote
I’ve gotten a couple rides in on the dhx2 with stock link and one on the cascade link.

The dhx2 alone was a big improvement for my riding style (running over stuff) but the link really added the extra support that makes running a light spring work for me. I didn’t have any hard bottom outs with the stock link but the new link feels better.

195lbs w/ gear, 500lb spring. I have a 550lb spring that I’ll try out after a couple more rides.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 4:25 Quote
Loving my link from Cascade Components on my new Nomad "LT" Build Smile

Feel free to check out my build video:

Santa Cruz Nomad LT
Santa Cruz Nomad LT
Santa Cruz Nomad LT
Santa Cruz Nomad LT
Santa Cruz Nomad LT
Santa Cruz Nomad LT
Santa Cruz Nomad LT
Santa Cruz Nomad LT

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
Kind of odd component choices there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015915
Mobile Version of Website