show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
Looks like a prototype.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
Hey Cascade...

I ran a Push link on the Nomad 2.0, which made that bike so much better. So this seems pretty interesting.

Don't really need more travel, so I'm wondering what kind of difference I can expect with stock shock length. I found the stock RS coil was really dead feeling and now have a DVO Jade coil which is much better. I don't really find the bike lacking in any way, but given what a huge improvement the push link did for my earlier nomad, I'm pretty interested.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
kram wrote:
Hey Cascade...

I ran a Push link on the Nomad 2.0, which made that bike so much better. So this seems pretty interesting.

Don't really need more travel, so I'm wondering what kind of difference I can expect with stock shock length. I found the stock RS coil was really dead feeling and now have a DVO Jade coil which is much better. I don't really find the bike lacking in any way, but given what a huge improvement the push link did for my earlier nomad, I'm pretty interested.

With the stock size shock the travel still increases a little to 177 mm. It is still more progressive with the shorter stroke shock and has the same 6 mm increase in chainstay length. Regardless of shock size the link makes the rear track and maintain traction better as well as increase bottom out resistance and mid-stroke support. I know it's hard to find anything that the Nomad is lacking, but the link really is a huge improvement descending. I first made the link because I thought it would be a fun project while I waited for a replacement rear triangle and then it blew my mind when I got to ride it. Climbing remains the same of course. One thing I would recommend to anyone running the link is that they try running a 230 x 65 shock and see what they think of the 190 mm travel set up before deciding against it. It doesn't make the bike harder to manage or less lively.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
Thanks CC. It sounds very interesting and I will give it some serious thought.
Cheers

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 2:57 Quote
Picked up my custom build Bronson last Friday and did the Swinduro on it the next day. SO happy with it and looking forward to the weekend to take it for a spin again

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
Just realized i never posted any finished build pics of my nomad !
Custom painted Nomad v4 CC custom painted custom anodized links ohlins theme
Custom painted Nomad v4 CC, custom painted/custom anodized links, ohlins theme

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
Some1 please pass the men’s kleenex

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
qman11 wrote:
Just realized i never posted any finished build pics of my nomad !

Bike looks great! What length fork is that and is it air or coil conversion?

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Normally, that sort of stuff comes off as really tacky, especially with gold.

Honestly, your bike pulls it off and looks fantastic! Would be pretty envious of that next to me in the lift line.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:39 Quote
Yeah, she's a beaut

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:46 Quote
Beautiful bike!!! i just hate the ohlins logo, looks like a varsity jacket symbol. but thats minor...

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
asmtb wrote:
Beautiful bike!!! i just hate the ohlins logo, looks like a varsity jacket symbol. but thats minor...

Yes quite a minor like a minor in varsity clothing ;-d lol

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Normally, that sort of stuff comes off as really tacky, especially with gold.

Honestly, your bike pulls it off and looks fantastic! Would be pretty envious of that next to me in the lift line.

Yah I ge that! Working in a shop I’ve seen some tacky bikes. If you look at my profile you will see my custom blue/yellow session, I loved that bike so much that I wanted to make a better version of it haha. The idea behind the fork paint was that Ohlins is famous for their gold suspension in nearly every other industry they operate in, so I just wanted to have a gold Ohlins fork hahaha and it ended up all coming together!

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
Lovin the blueness against gold decals and linkage

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012673
Mobile Version of Website