niconj wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
My 2018 HTLT - -Still loving this bike.

Hope Rotors
i9 Hydra Hubs
x2
Fox 36

HTLT Hope Rotors i9 Hydra Hubs x2 Fox 36

Its funny, I really like my LT too, but wished it did not suck quite as much energy to pedal. Amazing how different the HT and LT are in the way they ride. The LT is a hoot on anything headed down. The HT is quicker, more agile, lighter feeling on the more XC stuff, and seems to be more pedal efficient. Torn.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
Bronson v2 large
Bronson v2 large

My Bronson v2, 6month old Big Grin
With a 160mm fork but next week I'll reduce it to 150mm. It will be better to climb and no bad change for downhill I think.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Leave it at 160mm Drool

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
niconj wrote:
saxokev wrote:
2019 Bronson CC

That's the opposite of "money well spent".

Poppycock.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
gmoss wrote:
niconj wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
My 2018 HTLT - -Still loving this bike.

Hope Rotors
i9 Hydra Hubs
x2
Fox 36

HTLT Hope Rotors i9 Hydra Hubs x2 Fox 36

Its funny, I really like my LT too, but wished it did not suck quite as much energy to pedal. Amazing how different the HT and LT are in the way they ride. The LT is a hoot on anything headed down. The HT is quicker, more agile, lighter feeling on the more XC stuff, and seems to be more pedal efficient. Torn.

I totally hear you. I noticed it when I switched from the YT Jeffsy to this bike - at first I hated it. however, now I've gotten used to it and LOVE it because I feel SO much faster when pointing it downhill. I'm sure once I move to another bike I'll be significantly faster on the uphills but right now I'm still beating my PRs somehow lol.

I thought about moving to the new Hightower v2 since it's geometry is way more progressive and I would only be losing 10mm of travel, but not sure if I want to pay out the cash after putting so much in to this bike.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
But I'm also waiting on Pivot to see if they will release a new switchblade this year. I truly loved that bike.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
i mean you could just buy a hightower v2 frame and move all your parts over. that would be a lot less expensive than moving to a switchblade (superboost 157 requires new rear wheel)

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
sosburn wrote:
i mean you could just buy a hightower v2 frame and move all your parts over. that would be a lot less expensive than moving to a switchblade (superboost 157 requires new rear wheel)

I know - but that damn Switchblade rode like no other bike I've ever ridden lol. It was flawless.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 0:13 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I know - but that damn Switchblade rode like no other bike I've ever ridden lol. It was flawless.
Best bike ever so you sold it tup

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Best bike ever so you sold it tup

I rode it at a Pivot demo - I’ve never owned a switchblade...

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
niconj wrote:
saxokev wrote:
2019 Bronson CC

That's the opposite of "money well spent".

Buying a Santa Cruz is one of the only money well spent situations in biking. I never lost a dime buying a Santa Cruz as the resale values are high, and they sell fast.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
I’d like to try a modern vpp just to see but wouldnt jump in buying as had a few and they all seemed draining sucky on pedalling apart from the short travel version

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
Meh, I dunno man. The old VPP from my 2018 pedals better than my Horst link YT Jeffsy bike did

Doesn’t climb as well but that’s more the geometry of the bikes rather than the suspension. I think it bobs significantly less

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
So much more taught standing / feeling then

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
New Nomad pedals and climbs very well, much better than it should given that it goes back down the hill like a dh bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012809
Mobile Version of Website