show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
I still love you OG.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
niconj wrote:
saxokev wrote:
2019 Bronson CC

That's the opposite of "money well spent".

Buying a Santa Cruz is one of the only money well spent situations in biking. I never lost a dime buying a Santa Cruz as the resale values are high, and they sell fast.
Nothing against SC. It‘s just the parts that are too laud imo.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
niconj wrote:
saxokev wrote:
2019 Bronson CC

That's the opposite of "money well spent".

Buying a Santa Cruz is one of the only money well spent situations in biking. I never lost a dime buying a Santa Cruz as the resale values are high, and they sell fast.

it's okay he doesn't know what he's talking about

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
Can second that. Have always been able to sell my SC bikes both quickly and painlessly. They hold resale very well, lifetime bearings, come with extra hanger, and the company is just really easy to deal with. They're a great investment.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
Third that. Got my first SC carbon blur xc on super bro deal. Broke even on trc, made $300 on Bronson, broke even on nomad, got 3k for nomad and went full retail (full warranty this time) on new Bronson.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 1:09 Quote
Finaly got some dirt under the tires this weekend, struggling a bit with the shock setup (just cant seem to get the negative spring to work) but have an X2 on order, otherwise she seemed to peddle well and handle shuttle day without any issues bar the front brakes failing meaning an early ferry to the bike shop.
I seemed to have accidently put on an AXS dropper on while there Smile

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
YetiStew wrote:
Finaly got some dirt under the tires this weekend, struggling a bit with the shock setup (just cant seem to get the negative spring to work) but have an X2 on order, otherwise she seemed to peddle well and handle shuttle day without any issues bar the front brakes failing meaning an early ferry to the bike shop.

Your post ride refreshments get my approval.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 6:26 Quote
Hanging Rock, NC

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
YetiStew wrote:

when you get an X2 its just as (if not more) tricky to set up so make sure to watch some videos from Vorsprungg. Steve is smart

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
seraph wrote:
Leave it at 160mm Drool

Have you tried 150mm and 160mm? (
an opinion would be interesting for me)

I can change the travel easily with spacer ( 2015-2017 fox 36 are ok for 130mm to 180mm travel Big Grin ), if it's not ok with 150mm, I'll change it again.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
Niclestreeteur wrote:
seraph wrote:
Leave it at 160mm Drool

I can change the travel easily with spacer ( 2015-2017 fox 36 are ok for 130mm to 180mm travel Big Grin ), if it's not ok with 150mm, I'll change it again.

I haven't tried the Bronson with 10mm more travel up front but I have run that same generation 5010 with a 140 instead of the stock 130mm fork. I loved the extra height in the front.

Plus it looked boss:
Did a ride with my buddy Nick who took some sweet shots of my ride with his expensive DSLR.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
Niclestreeteur wrote:
seraph wrote:
Leave it at 160mm Drool

160mm doesnt feel INCREDIBLY different up front, at sag i think youre only changing HTA about ~.5 degrees or maybe even less. i kept mine at 160 when i had it but only cause i ran it at a bit lower psi (with some volume spacers) so the HTA was probably identical at sag, at 150 I felt a bit more playful but i think that had more to do with suspension set up.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Niclestreeteur wrote:
seraph wrote:
Leave it at 160mm Drool

160mm doesnt feel INCREDIBLY different up front, at sag i think youre only changing HTA about ~.5 degrees or maybe even less. i kept mine at 160 when i had it but only cause i ran it at a bit lower psi (with some volume spacers) so the HTA was probably identical at sag, at 150 I felt a bit more playful but i think that had more to do with suspension set up.

I had a 160mm 51mm offset Fox 36 on my HTLT when I started riding earlier this spring and then ended up moving to a 150mm 44mm offset later in the summer. It made a WORLD of a difference for me. It climbs better now, the front end stays down while doing technical steep climbs, and I dont notice a single bit of difference on teh downhill so I don't feel like I sacrificed quality whatsoever.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
Niclestreeteur wrote:
seraph wrote:
Leave it at 160mm Drool

I have on that exact Bronson. I much prefer the 160 fork. Geo, particularly head tube angle and bb height is better and I noticed almost no downsides. I also tried 170, but felt the seat tube angle was getting too slack and bb too high, so went back to 160.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016939
Mobile Version of Website