show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 0:23 Quote
Lol wth I just bought an alloy. How did they crack?

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
photo

my mega Fab

quite stock R spec except lyrik, enve riser, megneg and cranks from my old bike. Also got full gx drivetrain I'm in the middle of swapping when I run out of miles on those nx parts.

after the long cold winter is over also thinking of getting lighter set of trail wheels and keeping those hefty stock ones for lift runs

That mega really looks goodDrool

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
This is my 2019 Nomad Carbon S with Fox Factory 180mm and Fox transfer dropper

need to change those shitty pedals

photo

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
Check out the Pedaling Innovations Catalyst pedals. They’re giant but game changing!

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
dirty bike isnt sexy? broke small pulley of RD last weekend race Beer
brown powder leftover from enduro race last weekend

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
150mm fox 36 instead of 160mm. Will try it tomorrow !

Bronson v2 large

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
Niclestreeteur wrote:

Bronson v2 large

I thought it made a huge difference for me climbing. Also helped moving from 51mm offset to 44

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
[Quote="tkrumroy"]
Niclestreeteur wrote:
Also helped moving from 51mm offset to 44

In what way? Would you care to explain how this affected the riding. I‘m thinking of swapping forks on my Megatower from Selva 51mm (160mm) to Lyrik Ultimate 42mm (170mm)

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 2:35 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Niclestreeteur wrote:

Bronson v2 large

I thought it made a huge difference for me climbing. Also helped moving from 51mm offset to 44

Try it may be next tuesday Wink .
It's already a 44mm offset

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 5:35 Quote
[Quote="niconj"]
tkrumroy wrote:
Niclestreeteur wrote:

In what way? Would you care to explain how this affected the riding. I‘m thinking of swapping forks on my Megatower from Selva 51mm (160mm) to Lyrik Ultimate 42mm (170mm)

Shortening up the offset made it feel much more responsive in the turns, and I also noticed that my front tire wasn’t wandering on the climbs either. However, I may also chalk some of that up to decreasing the travel by 10mm too. So if you’re increasing travel and shortening your offset it may feel very similar but allowing you more travel at the same time

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
[Quote="niconj"]
tkrumroy wrote:
Niclestreeteur wrote:

there are several articles on how offset affects trail, and how trail affects the way your bike rides, should be easy to hit that google button.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Yep, but I have not read one yet that plainly tells what affect on handling change in offest vs travel has. Always talks about trail, which I don't really care about. I just want to know how the change affects how my nike performs. I started a thread in the all mtn section, trying to determine whether going to a 150 fork on my HT or sticking with a 140 with 51mm offset vs a 42 or 44. Can someone apeak to that? Qith the stock 140 RS Fork with 42, bike oversteers too much. I want to stick with 140, maybe a Fox 34, for weight, but fear it will be the same. I have a 36 150 on it right now and it feels right, just heavier.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
[Quote="sosburn"]
niconj wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

there are several articles on how offset affects trail, and how trail affects the way your bike rides, should be easy to hit that google button.

I believe he is trying to seek real riders feedback not just journo type marketing hype

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
[Quote="titaniumtit"]
sosburn wrote:
niconj wrote:

I believe he is trying to seek real riders feedback not just journo type marketing hype

aint nobody got time for that shit. just buy it and ride it and if you dont like it f*ckin sell it. that being said, SC sells the megatower with a reduced offset fork stock, so it will probably ride better

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Yep, but I have not read one yet that plainly tells what affect on handling change in offest vs travel has. Always talks about trail, which I don't really care about. I just want to know how the change affects how my nike performs. I started a thread in the all mtn section, trying to determine whether going to a 150 fork on my HT or sticking with a 140 with 51mm offset vs a 42 or 44. Can someone apeak to that? Qith the stock 140 RS Fork with 42, bike oversteers too much. I want to stick with 140, maybe a Fox 34, for weight, but fear it will be the same. I have a 36 150 on it right now and it feels right, just heavier.

Spellcheck. Just saying.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019041
Mobile Version of Website