show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
I have a Bronson v2 with a coil which is epic, but I wish it was a hightower...!

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
Trying out the DVO Topaz T3 on the LT. Color matches well.

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Niclestreeteur wrote:
HI guys,

I have a question, did any of you have a bronson v2 and a higtower v1? What differences between the two?

There are some great deals on hightower v1 frames ... I might change my bronson v2 but I hesitate Big Grin

i own both and still ride the hightower V1, although ive made it a pseudo LT. depends on what you like but hightower is way faster and the suspension feels a lot more plush, while still remaining poppy and jumpy. bronson was okay. always felt a bit small and even with a fox X2 it never quite tracked as well as i liked. Bronson didnt climb as well either. it was more fun in corners i guess? honestly i havent seen any downside to the hightower anywhere, i just keep the bronson around as a spare for people to ride with me.

I feel quite differently owning a Bronson V2 and having ridden both the hightower and HTLT. I feel that the Hightower is a better all-arounder than the Bronson. It climbs slightly better and is slightly more poppy/playful but feels like it has less travel and less plush. Bronson rails downhill a bit better. That being said, they are extremely similar bikes with only slight differences and I'd suggest simply deciding if you prefer 29 or 27.5 to make the decision. If HTLT is in the discussion, and you want a bike to tackle downhill slightly better than the HT or more like the bronson, I'd go with the HTLT as I'd say it slightly edges the bronson out in just about every category. Note too that my bronson has a 160 fork and an x2 shock, so it's slacker and has a much better shock than stock, probably lending to it performing even better downhill. The HT I had, had a Float rear shock that I didn't like all that much.

All THAT being said, I would buy any one of the bikes with the new lower link mounted shock lol.

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
Thanks for your answer ! Wink

I love my bronson but I would like a more capable bike for climbing and... downhill .
So I hesitate with a new hightower frame ( 2019 CC version, for 1799€ with shock... brand new with warranty) or maybe chase weight on the Bronson (lighter wheels/fork/drivetrain)

I never own a 29er so... I'm a bit lost Big Grin Very confused

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Niclestreeteur wrote:
HI guys,

I have a question, did any of you have a bronson v2 and a higtower v1? What differences between the two?

There are some great deals on hightower v1 frames ... I might change my bronson v2 but I hesitate Big Grin

i own both and still ride the hightower V1, although ive made it a pseudo LT. depends on what you like but hightower is way faster and the suspension feels a lot more plush, while still remaining poppy and jumpy. bronson was okay. always felt a bit small and even with a fox X2 it never quite tracked as well as i liked. Bronson didnt climb as well either. it was more fun in corners i guess? honestly i havent seen any downside to the hightower anywhere, i just keep the bronson around as a spare for people to ride with me.

I feel quite differently owning a Bronson V2 and having ridden both the hightower and HTLT. I feel that the Hightower is a better all-arounder than the Bronson. It climbs slightly better and is slightly more poppy/playful but feels like it has less travel and less plush. Bronson rails downhill a bit better. That being said, they are extremely similar bikes with only slight differences and I'd suggest simply deciding if you prefer 29 or 27.5 to make the decision. If HTLT is in the discussion, and you want a bike to tackle downhill slightly better than the HT or more like the bronson, I'd go with the HTLT as I'd say it slightly edges the bronson out in just about every category. Note too that my bronson has a 160 fork and an x2 shock, so it's slacker and has a much better shock than stock, probably lending to it performing even better downhill. The HT I had, had a Float rear shock that I didn't like all that much.

All THAT being said, I would buy any one of the bikes with the new lower link mounted shock lol.

Yeah i mean mine is set up as basically an htlt. but even before i had it longshocked, it tracked better than my bronson.

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
Niclestreeteur wrote:
Thanks for your answer ! Wink

I love my bronson but I would like a more capable bike for climbing and... downhill .
So I hesitate with a new hightower frame ( 2019 CC version, for 1799€ with shock... brand new with warranty) or maybe chase weight on the Bronson (lighter wheels/fork/drivetrain)

I never own a 29er so... I'm a bit lost Big Grin Very confused

I'd consider a v3 bronson over these two above.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
I would go with the hightower personally. That is my trail bike and I love it. I have ridden everything from 3000+ feet of climbing cross country riding all the way to riding the chairlift at the local mountain and dh all day. The bike is capable of handling everything. I have a push shock on mine so I’m able to switch between different settings for what I’m wanting to ride and it works great. I have 160mm fork and it sits slack but still rails corners hard. I also like that the bike is able to except 29ers for the beginning of the year when the trails are packed and I can rail around and then at the end of the year when the trails are dusty and blown out I can put my 27.5+ tires on and still have fun. Also going to get some 3 inch tires this year and try the bike in the snow LOL.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Anyone with a street BMX background knows that faster isn't always more fun. Sure, for a lot of people, being able to go faster down a trail will pump more adrenaline and in turn be a more fun experience, but if you're not just trying to straightline everything possible for those precious strava kom's, sometimes it's way more fun to swerve down a trail than to barrel down it.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
TBaggins wrote:
Anyone with a street BMX background knows that faster isn't always more fun. Sure, for a lot of people, being able to go faster down a trail will pump more adrenaline and in turn be a more fun experience, but if you're not just trying to straightline everything possible for those precious strava kom's, sometimes it's way more fun to swerve down a trail than to barrel down it.

Which you can do on either wheelsize. 29ers don't pop less. That's mostly due to CS, reach, and BB height, and very little to do with wheel size.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
TBaggins wrote:

Yeah i dont think youve ever ridden a 29er.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
sosburn wrote:
TBaggins wrote:

I have. Rubbish.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
fielonator wrote:
sosburn wrote:
TBaggins wrote:

I have. I am rubbish.

FYP lol

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Edit. I don't care. We need to stop on this. It's been annoying af for some time.

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
fielonator wrote:
sosburn wrote:
TBaggins wrote:

I have. Rubbish.

you also strike me as a guy that says “riding slower is more fun” cause youre just slow and have no excuse otherwise lmao

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
Hey just a thought:

27.5" wheels are fun, 29" wheels are fun. Santa Cruz makes bikes with both, and people like riding them.

Mountain biking is tight, man.

Bike for topic:

Nomad V.4 2020 - Gloss Black white colour

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010925
Mobile Version of Website