show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:
You know 250 watts isnt that much, right?

tomhoward379 wrote:
Worth nothing that sram offer a single shot shifter for ebikes to stop you from dropping lots of gears at once, while putting 250 watts through the drivetrain...

The average cyclist puts out about 250 watts from what I've read.

On flat maybe, but on a climb or a sprint, its a lot higher

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:
You know 250 watts isnt that much, right?

Here's a look at actual data. In short sections it's a lot higher but as an average what people put out over an hour of riding is about 250.

https://www.cyclinganalytics.com/blog/2018/06/how-does-your-cycling-power-output-compare

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 21:07 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

Here's a look at actual data. In short sections it's a lot higher but as an average what people put out over an hour of riding is about 250.

https://www.cyclinganalytics.com/blog/2018/06/how-does-your-cycling-power-output-compare

Yeah exactly, over an hour as an ftp test but in a sprint it’s a lot more. Thanks for the link, pretty interesting stuff!

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 0:18 Quote
It’s really cool stuff. I’d love to have a power meter but it seems a bit frivolous.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Got my new bike setup - but crashed after my third ride with the Ardent tires. Straight up slipped on a burmed turn I’ve ridden 100+ times lol. Maybe going to put an Assegai up front and a DHF on back? What are you guys riding?

Its not the tires .

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
Got my new bike setup - but crashed after my third ride with the Ardent tires. Straight up slipped on a burmed turn I’ve ridden 100+ times lol. Maybe going to put an Assegai up front and a DHF on back? What are you guys riding?

Its not the tires .

Totally was. Ended up throwing on a DHR/DHF convo and it feels entirely different and far more traction on the loose stuff. So much so that it added 2 extra minutes on my local single track course

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 19:26 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

Its not the tires .
Skinwall tyres have no place on a bike that's ridden aggressively. They suck.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
sam264 wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

Its not the tires .

U can get supergravity magic mary in tanwall now

not maxxis thou

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
Its not the tires .

Pft...the fastest rider I know rides skiNwall and he would smoke all of us. regardless, I dropped the Ardents and put on the DHR/DHF combo and it gave me far more grip but slowed me down enormously. 2 minutes per 25 minute lap at my local park. I also added 40psi and changed it to the Hi switch on the flip. Made a massively huge difference, feel like I went from riding an enduro bike to a trail bike. Super wild having two bikes in one

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
Its not the tires .

Pft...the fastest rider I know rides skiNwall and he would smoke all of us. regardless, I dropped the Ardents and put on the DHR/DHF combo and it gave me far more grip but slowed me down enormously. 2 minutes per 25 minute lap at my local park. I also added 40psi and changed it to the Hi switch on the flip. Made a massively huge difference, feel like I went from riding an enduro bike to a trail bike. Super wild having two bikes in one

Go Apps! You better have bought that Cruz from Magic Cycles. Worked there all throughout college. Nice ride though. I feel the same way about a DHF or DHR in the back slowing you down. Assuming you're riding mostly western NC trails, I've always had good luck with a DHF up front and Hans Dampf in the back. I had Ardents front and rear on my old Tallboy LTc for 2 rides and threw them away.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
nicket8t wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
Its not the tires .

Go Apps! You better have bought that Cruz from Magic Cycles. Worked there all throughout college. Nice ride though. I feel the same way about a DHF or DHR in the back slowing you down. Assuming you're riding mostly western NC trails, I've always had good luck with a DHF up front and Hans Dampf in the back. I had Ardents front and rear on my old Tallboy LTc for 2 rides and threw them away.

So you find the Hans Dampf is faster rolling than the DHF for the rear? I’ve literally lost like 8% speed on my regular times trails since making the switch lol

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
just keep the DHF on the front and put an ardent on the rear if you're really losing that much speed

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
in terms of most->least rolling resistance (and grip I guess), does it go:

DHR->aggressor->dissector->high roller->ardent?

Edit: I forgot about ikon and recon but I think they may fall into one of the other categories above. Too many damn tires these days

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
Hans rolls faster than the DHF for sure. Not quite as much grip, but sheds mud and corners really well. I never had traction issues with a hans dampf. High roller on the back isn't a bad move (less rolling resistance than the DHF/DHR) but I feel like they wear quickly in the back and don't hook up on wet roots/rocks when climbing. I've never loved any maxxis tires for rear tires but you can't beat a DHF or high roller on the front in my opinion.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024337
Mobile Version of Website