show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Author Message
Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but i'm trying to track down a Push Linkage for my Mk2 Nomad. After many years hanging in the garage I'm doing a full-coil beast-build, and although not necessary, the linkage would be a great addition to get the most out of the old girl. So if you or anyone you know has one kicking about let me know!

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
DownhillDoozy wrote:
Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but i'm trying to track down a Push Linkage for my Mk2 Nomad. After many years hanging in the garage I'm doing a full-coil beast-build, and although not necessary, the linkage would be a great addition to get the most out of the old girl. So if you or anyone you know has one kicking about let me know!

should probably just email Push. maybe they have one laying around

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
sosburn wrote:
DownhillDoozy wrote:
Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but i'm trying to track down a Push Linkage for my Mk2 Nomad. After many years hanging in the garage I'm doing a full-coil beast-build, and although not necessary, the linkage would be a great addition to get the most out of the old girl. So if you or anyone you know has one kicking about let me know!

should probably just email Push. maybe they have one laying around

Done that. No luck. Been in touch with a few suppliers, all stock long exhausted so I'm thinking my only chance is second hand.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 19:16 Quote
DownhillDoozy wrote:
sosburn wrote:
DownhillDoozy wrote:
Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but i'm trying to track down a Push Linkage for my Mk2 Nomad. After many years hanging in the garage I'm doing a full-coil beast-build, and although not necessary, the linkage would be a great addition to get the most out of the old girl. So if you or anyone you know has one kicking about let me know!

should probably just email Push. maybe they have one laying around

Done that. No luck. Been in touch with a few suppliers, all stock long exhausted so I'm thinking my only chance is second hand.
I can ask at work - I work at a long time santa cruz dealer. We definitely don't have one in store but someone might have one lying around at home (though highly unlikely)

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 19:51 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
I can ask at work - I work at a long time santa cruz dealer. We definitely don't have one in store but someone might have one lying around at home (though highly unlikely)

If its not too much of a hassle that would be awesome!

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
Anybody have real world weights for an XL X01 build HighTower? It's about time to replace my Bronson and I'm trying to decide between MegaTower, HighTower and GG Smash.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
tgent wrote:
Anybody have real world weights for an XL X01 build HighTower? It's about time to replace my Bronson and I'm trying to decide between MegaTower, HighTower and GG Smash.
edit
Definitely lighter than a GG.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
I'm guessing around 31 lbs.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 18:06 Quote
My large frame LT, with SC CF wheels and Chris King hubs (2.5" and 2.4" DHF/DHRII tires) weighed 31.7 lbs on a hanging scale.

seraph wrote:
I'm guessing around 31 lbs.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
seraph wrote:
I was close!

Yep. Some other parts on my build that could be extra weight are 203mm rotors front and rear, dropper post length and I'm running 170mm Fox 36 forks.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
sosburn wrote:
tgent wrote:
Anybody have real world weights for an XL X01 build HighTower? It's about time to replace my Bronson and I'm trying to decide between MegaTower, HighTower and GG Smash.
edit
Definitely lighter than a GG.

GG Lists a size 4 (equivalent to XL) top end build around 29 lbs. I know they are heavy, but so are the new lower shock mount SCs... Especially the Megatower.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:
tgent wrote:
Anybody have real world weights for an XL X01 build HighTower? It's about time to replace my Bronson and I'm trying to decide between MegaTower, HighTower and GG Smash.
edit
Definitely lighter than a GG.

GG Lists a size 4 (equivalent to XL) top end build around 29 lbs. I know they are heavy, but so are the new lower shock mount SCs... Especially the Megatower.
I was considering a mega but the weight is a turn off. Obviously the bike is designed for going down hill primarily but we’re talking 34lbs with proper tires.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:

edit
Definitely lighter than a GG.

GG Lists a size 4 (equivalent to XL) top end build around 29 lbs. I know they are heavy, but so are the new lower shock mount SCs... Especially the Megatower.
I was considering a mega but the weight is a turn off. Obviously the bike is designed for going down hill primarily but we’re talking 34lbs with proper tires.

34? website has the XO1 build with coil and aluminum wheels as 31.5. Still not super light.

Also in regards to coil, i went for a ride last weekend and talked to a guy with an HT2 using a coil shock, DHX2. So it is possible, in case people are wanting that option...

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
sosburn wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
tgent wrote:


GG Lists a size 4 (equivalent to XL) top end build around 29 lbs. I know they are heavy, but so are the new lower shock mount SCs... Especially the Megatower.
I was considering a mega but the weight is a turn off. Obviously the bike is designed for going down hill primarily but we’re talking 34lbs with proper tires.

34? website has the XO1 build with coil and aluminum wheels as 31.5. Still not super light.

Also in regards to coil, i went for a ride last weekend and talked to a guy with an HT2 using a coil shock, DHX2. So it is possible, in case people are wanting that option...
You are correct. I forgot we were talking about xo1 level builds. I’m priced out of that so was thinking s build with DD or DH tires, inserts, pedals, on board tools, tube. 34 lbs could happen real quick on an s build and even xo1 could hit 33 once you start beefing things up for racing. Which seems like a perfect weight for enduro racing but not everyday multi purpose.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006744
Mobile Version of Website