show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
How much weight gain did the new frames see over the last gen? My LT is right around 30 lbs right now with carbon wheels and decently light tires, C frame. One member posted an LT at 28 lbs with heavy tires, CC frame, so I wonder about the difference in weight of the frames. I was not thrilled to hear the weight gain.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
I'm sitting at 30 or a hair under on my size large CC frame with carbon wheels and mid weight tires and pedals. Mine is very much a tradesman kinda build. Nothing too fancy.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
gmoss wrote:
How much weight gain did the new frames see over the last gen? My LT is right around 30 lbs right now with carbon wheels and decently light tires, C frame. One member posted an LT at 28 lbs with heavy tires, CC frame, so I wonder about the difference in weight of the frames. I was not thrilled to hear the weight gain.

My LT was 30.5 with a float X2, and the current HT2 weights are around 30 for nice spec so it seems like its the megatower that’s beefed up.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:07 Quote
Large 2020 5010 CC 31lbs and change. Stock factory dpx2, 150 36, X01 AXS dtrain, carbon hbar and cranks, dts xm481 rims to CK hubs, composite pedals, 800 to 950ish gram Maxxis tires.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
My 2018 HT sits about 36 pounds and goes both up and down great.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:

36 lbs??? Holy shit that's heavy.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
seraph wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Yes the rear Maxxis 2.4 is a downhill casing because I ride a lot of chunky rocky stuff, Push shock, Push coil fork, hope brakes with ss lines and we are one 29” with king hubs. Yes I know lots of heavy parts but to me it rides great and I do a lot of 1000’ days with it and yes tired but I like the workouts for my DH lift days.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
seraph wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Yes the rear Maxxis 2.4 is a downhill casing because I ride a lot of chunky rocky stuff, Push shock, Push coil fork, hope brakes with ss lines and we are one 29” with king hubs. Yes I know lots of heavy parts but to me it rides great and I do a lot of 1000’ days with it and yes tired but I like the workouts for my DH lift days.

None of that stands out as super heavy though, aside from the 11.6 and maybe the CK hubs

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
Just got new decals on, some overlap but loving the black letters. Feels like I just got an entirely new bike lol.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Lovin that tt sticker thing

First newer sc build i think just looks right
Black pedals tho might look more betterer ha ;-d

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
I think all the blue is overkill personally. When I have a bike of a certain color I try to match with an accent color. For example, I think that purple, gold, or bronze components would accent the frame very nicely.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
Black and gold is a killer combo

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Lovin that tt sticker thing

First newer sc build i think just looks right
Black pedals tho might look more betterer ha ;-d

Thanks man! I’m loving it. I think the black decals totally changed the bike and I wouldn’t change a thing from here (except the stem that doesn’t match lol).

The sticker on the top tube is the AMS (All Mountain Style) frameguard. It comes in all sorts of cool designs

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
seraph wrote:
I think all the blue is overkill personally. When I have a bike of a certain color I try to match with an accent color. For example, I think that purple, gold, or bronze components would accent the frame very nicely.

Yeah, it wouldn’t have been my first choice but all the blue pieces came off my old yellow/green HTLT so it is what it is lol. For the next year or so I’ve got a straight up blueberry bike haha. But the black decals made it so I actually really like it way more than I had thought at first

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 13:49 Quote
Reminds me of a certain lil lady from Willy wonka

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007713
Mobile Version of Website