show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Reminds me of a certain lil lady from Willy wonka

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
Yeah like SC sure do remind me of puffer fish these days ... hmmmm... i wonder why

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
sosburn wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
seraph wrote:

36 lbs??? Holy shit that's heavy.

Yes the rear Maxxis 2.4 is a downhill casing because I ride a lot of chunky rocky stuff, Push shock, Push coil fork, hope brakes with ss lines and we are one 29” with king hubs. Yes I know lots of heavy parts but to me it rides great and I do a lot of 1000’ days with it and yes tired but I like the workouts for my DH lift days.

None of that stands out as super heavy though, aside from the 11.6 and maybe the CK hubs

The we are one hoops are pretty heavy themselves. Definitely not the lightest carbon wheel out. The downhill casing tire is definitely heavy and the pike with the coil is pretty heavy also.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 20:15 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Yes the rear Maxxis 2.4 is a downhill casing because I ride a lot of chunky rocky stuff, Push shock, Push coil fork, hope brakes with ss lines and we are one 29” with king hubs. Yes I know lots of heavy parts but to me it rides great and I do a lot of 1000’ days with it and yes tired but I like the workouts for my DH lift days.

None of that stands out as super heavy though, aside from the 11.6 and maybe the CK hubs

The we are one hoops are pretty heavy themselves. Definitely not the lightest carbon wheel out. The downhill casing tire is definitely heavy and the pike with the coil is pretty heavy also.

Interesting about the We Are One rims.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
sosburn wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

My We Are One's are 973g rear 859g front for a total of 1832g on Project 321 hubs, which are admittedly very light. The lightest Reserves on i9 have been reported to weigh about 1731g, so not a huge difference. They also weigh 1863 on Chris King, so more than We Are One's, that and I have the older Agents, their newer Union hoop is lighter.

I just looked up the new We Are One Union (their enduro hoop) 27.5, 30mm id weighs 475g. The Reserve 27.5, 30mm id rim is 460g. So 15g weight difference per wheel.

Full disclosure, as you can prob tell, I'm a big fan of We Are One. I've had their wheels for 2 years now and they have been bomb proof, trued once over that time, after multiple rides in moab and other hard places for wheels. They're cheaper than Reserves, also have a lifetime warranty, and are handmade in Canada vs Overseas.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

My We Are One's are 973g rear 859g front for a total of 1832g on Project 321 hubs, which are admittedly very light. The lightest Reserves on i9 have been reported to weigh about 1731g, so not a huge difference. They also weigh 1863 on Chris King, so more than We Are One's, that and I have the older Agents, their newer Union hoop is lighter.

I just looked up the new We Are One Union (their enduro hoop) 27.5, 30mm id weighs 475g. The Reserve 27.5, 30mm id rim is 460g. So 15g weight difference per wheel.

Full disclosure, as you can prob tell, I'm a big fan of We Are One. I've had their wheels for 2 years now and they have been bomb proof, trued once over that time, after multiple rides in moab and other hard places for wheels. They're cheaper than Reserves, also have a lifetime warranty, and are handmade in Canada vs Overseas.

I think they look and sound great and will probably be on my next wheelset. Just interesting to see that they may be heavy. Id probably build with onyx hubs or 240s, so there will be a bit of variance depending on what ends up where.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

I love my We Are One Agents wheels with king hubs but they are heavier than my DT Swiss wheels with hope hubs.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
How much are the WAO wheels? I picked up a set of Reserve/I9's on sale and felt like I got a great deal. WAO are likely great but I just don't know anything about them yet. Time will tell

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
gmoss wrote:
How much are the WAO wheels? I picked up a set of Reserve/I9's on sale and felt like I got a great deal. WAO are likely great but I just don't know anything about them yet. Time will tell

Fanatik has a premade set of unions for like $999 i think.

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

I'd never call P321 hubs "very light" lol

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
sosburn wrote:
gmoss wrote:

Hub brand?

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
seraph wrote:
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I'm no expert on hubs, so I may very well be wrong. I just looked up a few for reference. P321 rear is 282g, i9 Hydra is 286g, and a DT Swiss 240S is 232g all per their sites...

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
gmoss wrote:
sosburn wrote:
gmoss wrote:

Hub brand?

i9 101 or 1:1 or whatever the damn hell it's called

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
tgent wrote:
seraph wrote:
tgent wrote:

I'm no expert on hubs, so I may very well be wrong. I just looked up a few for reference. P321 rear is 282g, i9 Hydra is 286g, and a DT Swiss 240S is 232g all per their sites...

Actual weight on a 240 is closer to 220g. But the flange difference on the 240 vs the 321 is so drastic that they're hardly comparable to a wheel builder.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
gmoss wrote:

I ordered a set of WAO Agents w/I9 101's for $850 (USD) on black Friday. They're normally a grand.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007275
Mobile Version of Website