show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
Enduro mag reviewed mega quite recently and it seems that the latest crop of 170/180 enduro bikes (spesh, pole etc) go beyond in plushness/dh-likeness compared to the mt.

Probably but in enduro racing you still need a somewhat efficient bike. This is even more true in most amateur races than EWS.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 11:39 Quote
New saddle and AXS/XTR12 mix. Just fresh out of the bikepark:

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
kawkaw wrote:

Kind of followed a similar path and built this Nomad alu frame with some new components (lyrik 2020) and mostly old components from a 26er trailbike. The Shiguras (Magura MT7+Shimano levers) are an awesome upgrade. need to upgrade the dropper as the random aliexpress one looks to be less than 150mmBeer

Overall I'm kind of still in wonderstruck mode on how well this bike descends on steep sections. Man what a bike, should have bought it a long time back.

p.s.
Just toying with some decals from ebay though. I think I should remove the yellow stuff and put a black one ?hehe I'm vain.

jfostersafb wrote:
Thanks! Well I didn’t plan on this build when I initially bought the bike lol. I hadn’t owned a mountain bike since early 2000 and was just getting back into it and figured that a entry-level build would be good enough for me. Over the first few months of riding it, I had some issues with the base components that it came with and slowly started upgrading and once that begin it was all over ???? After it was all said and done, the amount I put into it with recouping $ from selling off most of the stock components put me at around the same price as the top XX1 Bronson CC build but with a personalized look and arguably better build in my opinion. I also just didn’t realize how much better a bike can be with top level components...

Mountain
tgent wrote:
Awesome build, nice work! Just out of curiosity, why'd you start with an R build when it looks like you've replaced literally every single component?

Man you gotta sort that dropper post hose. I recommend spinning the seatpost around to coil that hose up and keep it out of the way. I did the same thing on my Nickel a few years ago, works great.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
Man you gotta sort that dropper post hose. I recommend spinning the seatpost around to coil that hose up and keep it out of the way. I did the same thing on my Nickel a few years ago, works great.

Yeah man thanks for the tip. I'll be doing that

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
My brand new Bronson CC in olive green.

Bronson CC V3 2020

Olive green in Greece is obligatory.

Coppermine wrote:

Haha, you 're right! Smile

Posted: 2 days ago Quote

my large mega

Coppermine wrote:

beat me to it!

How much weight difference you reckon there is between a HTLT C and a HT2 CC frame?

My guess would be not much, the HT2 CC is probably heavier by a bit 100-300 grams.

gmoss wrote:
How much weight difference you reckon there is between a HTLT C and a HT2 CC frame?

Oh BTW, this may be helpful. I contacted SC recently and they sent me this for the HT2 XL CC frame only weight (with hardware, no shock): 2916 grams

I bet you can find a close comparison on HTLT C frame weight.

tgent wrote:
My guess would be not much, the HT2 CC is probably heavier by a bit 100-300 grams.

gmoss wrote:

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007904
Mobile Version of Website