show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
lunchwagon wrote:
Got this bronze beauty finished over the weekend Pimp

Nice!!! How do you like it with the 2.8’s? Thinking of putting mine on one of these frames since I don’t use them on my Hightower anymore.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
Hey, been thinking about adding a Chameleon. I am interested in hearing about it, especially compared to a fully. I want to build a single speed. would rather have carbon, but may just go with aluminum. Notice any flex at the BB?

Did you change the color of the SC emblem?

Looks good.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Nice!!! How do you like it with the 2.8’s? Thinking of putting mine on one of these frames since I don’t use them on my Hightower anymore.

I'm only one brief ride in on this bike, but I had the 2.8s on my Hightower V1 previously. I've found them to be sensitive to finding the psi sweetspot, but once you find it they are fun. They are a little slower and less precise than my 29er wheelset with Minions for sure, but I like them for the loose stuff.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Hey, been thinking about adding a Chameleon. I am interested in hearing about it, especially compared to a fully. I want to build a single speed. would rather have carbon, but may just go with aluminum. Notice any flex at the BB?

Did you change the color of the SC emblem?

Looks good.

I'll report back after I have some time on it, probably in a few months since there aren't a lot of all-weather trail options close to me this time of year.

Yes, I put a black SC emblem over the blue, then some 3m clear film over that.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
lunchwagon wrote:

No dropper? How do you ride down a curb with that?

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
We rode them like that for years downhill even.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
Green is my favorite color
Bronson X01+ and Stigmata Force AXS 650b

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
chyu wrote:
lunchwagon wrote:

he must have a Hard Tail

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
chyu wrote:

Oh, you thought this thing was for actual trail riding? I was thinking paved pathways only and looking pretty in the garage. Rolleyes

Sarcasm aside, my primary intention with this build is bikepacking. I know several companies make dropper compatible seat bags, but I'm slightly concerned about dropper reliability after loading up a large seat bag then my 200 lbs on top.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
Get a coil sprung dropper, like an E13 or otherwise. Will be more reliable under the pressure.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
Finished off my 2020 Bronson earlier this week. Gallery here, https://www.pinkbike.com/u/eddieclarkmedia/album/2020-Santa-Cruz-Bronson-Al/
2020 aluminum Bronson with full Shimano m8100 XT build Fox Factory suspension 160mm front and 150mm rear and dropper Industry Nine Enduro 305 wheels and Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 EXO Max Terra in front and DHR2 EXO Max Terra in the rear for now .

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
I’ve decided. I’m selling the Super Deluxe select + rear shock and the Lyrik Select + from the HTv2 and putting on a fox 36 and DB IL coil out rear

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
I’ve decided. I’m selling the Super Deluxe select + rear shock and the Lyrik Select + from the HTv2 and putting on a fox 36 and DB IL coil out rear

Why?

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
I haven’t been a fan of the Super Deluxe since I bought the HTv2. I had an x2 on my old HTLT and loved it. Just spoke with a dude who is riding the coil back there in low and says it feels significantly better.

I also just miss my fox36. I feel like it was far better for me, felt much more sensitive to small bumps. I’ve tried to dial in this Lyrik but can’t get it to feel the way I want

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 10:17 Quote
I felt the same about the RS that came on my HT. Just doesn't compare to the Fox.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007845
Mobile Version of Website