show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
SRAM lyfe. RS damper > Fox damper IMO.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
I’ve decided. I’m selling the Super Deluxe select + rear shock and the Lyrik Select + from the HTv2 and putting on a fox 36 and DB IL coil out rear

Just be sure the coil fits in the rear. SC states no coil shocks will fit so you could get f*cked out of a warranty.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
seraph wrote:

nah. super deluxe is pretty solid but float X2 is just in another league

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:

I agree, I have a lot of people tell me the Lyrik beats the Fox 36 and that the Super Deluxe beats the x2 but I jsut cant see it.

It may have to do with wright as well, I’m a light rider for my height 6’2” at 170lbs so maybe that has something to do with it?

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:

Meh. I would still RS over Fox any day. Plus the black stanchion colors actually match front to back unlike Fox's Kashima coating.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
seraph wrote:
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:

Meh. I would still RS over Fox any day. Plus the black stanchion colors actually match front to back unlike Fox's Kashima coating.

Haha ill give you that one, the X2 is more of a brown than gold

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 19:54 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
I haven’t been a fan of the Super Deluxe since I bought the HTv2. I had an x2 on my old HTLT and loved it. Just spoke with a dude who is riding the coil back there in low and says it feels significantly better.

I also just miss my fox36. I feel like it was far better for me, felt much more sensitive to small bumps. I’ve tried to dial in this Lyrik but can’t get it to feel the way I want

You should service the lowers on the lyrik and service the air can on the super deluxe. It will make a significant improvement in feel, if you feel that your sensitive to suspension setup.

Way cheaper than buying any new suspension components. And you will learn what is actually going inside those components instead of reading cute forum posts or info from your buddies.

If you have never taken apart your suspension you should at this point. It's easy.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 20:13 Quote
nubbs wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
I haven’t been a fan of the Super Deluxe since I bought the HTv2. I had an x2 on my old HTLT and loved it. Just spoke with a dude who is riding the coil back there in low and says it feels significantly better.

I also just miss my fox36. I feel like it was far better for me, felt much more sensitive to small bumps. I’ve tried to dial in this Lyrik but can’t get it to feel the way I want

You should service the lowers on the lyrik and service the air can on the super deluxe. It will make a significant improvement in feel, if you feel that your sensitive to suspension setup.

Way cheaper than buying any new suspension components. And you will learn what is actually going inside those components instead of reading cute forum posts or info from your buddies.

If you have never taken apart your suspension you should at this point. It's easy.

Go one further and get your Super Deluxe tuned by Vorsprung.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
Santa Cruz Bronson CC 2020

Best bike I've ever had!

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
I'm really leaning towards a new Tallboy frame for my next project. I know there are other frames out there with good geometry numbers but I like that the Tallboy can fit a 2.6" tire in the back. Even the Hightower can only go up to a 2.4".

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
seraph wrote:
I'm really leaning towards a new Tallboy frame for my next project. I know there are other frames out there with good geometry numbers but I like that the Tallboy can fit a 2.6" tire in the back. Even the Hightower can only go up to a 2.4".

Waiting on my tallboy too, but apparently it will not arrive until march/april

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
been toying with the idea of another TB myself. just waiting on colors I like....

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
My bike shop friend talked me out of the DB IL Coil shock for my HTv2. He says our trails are too tame to be using the shock and to stick to air.

So - I'm on the hunt for a dpx2 and a fox36 (to replace my lyrik). I can't find any damn used fox36 that has a steer tube long enough for this bike lol, even 7" isn't long enough.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 1:55 Quote
This is my new Tallboy 4 !
Custom build with full XT M8100 kit, and a Pike Ultimate up front.
Still waiting for my wheel set, so I had to borrow a pair, could not wait to ride it !

Next steps will be to change the fork to 140mm, and now I have to test all Hi/Lo and whelbase combo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009081
Mobile Version of Website