show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 2:52 Quote
anyone with Push tuned bomber cr rear on their megaT?

ive got the basic SD air. its fine on trail use but big fast hits are quite tiring on tired legs

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:
This is my new Tallboy 4 !
Custom build with full XT M8100 kit, and a Pike Ultimate up front.
Still waiting for my wheel set, so I had to borrow a pair, could not wait to ride it !

Next steps will be to change the fork to 140mm, and now I have to test all Hi/Lo and whelbase combo.

Would 140mm work? I have a pike ultimate 140mm and was thinking to reduce to 130mm to make it more ridable

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:

ive got the basic SD air. its fine on trail use but big fast hits are quite tiring on tired legs

Im wondering this too. If you don’t get it Push tuned you should try Diaz Suspension, theres a guy who had his RS Kage tuned by them and says it blows his push 11.6 out of the water

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
sosburn wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

Im wondering this too. If you don’t get it Push tuned you should try Diaz Suspension, theres a guy who had his RS Kage tuned by them and says it blows his push 11.6 out of the water

Would love to see how he compared that.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

On mobile so youll have to copy paste yourself. Canary is the guy. Pretty good comparison imo.

https://forums.mtbr.com/evil-bikes/best-shock-wreckoning-float-x2-elevensix-1018923.html

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Has anyone ridden with both the old and new lower link for the Bronson 3? (for those unaware, SC have put a new lower link in the Bronson for 2020, said to increase progression). I'd be curious to know how it rides, thinking of getting a 2020 Bronson CS.

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 23:39 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

Another thing I'm wondering is that as some people have long shocked their mega from 57,5mm -> 60mm is there still tire clearance with the shorter chainstay setup for something average like 2,5 wt aggre or 2,4 dhr

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 0:36 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Another thing I'm wondering is that as some people have long shocked their mega from 57,5mm -> 60mm is there still tire clearance with the shorter chainstay setup for something average like 2,5 wt aggre or 2,4 dhr
I know someone that has. Seems to work, but your mileage may vary with regard to tire size...

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 6:57 Quote
sam264 wrote:
Has anyone ridden with both the old and new lower link for the Bronson 3? (for those unaware, SC have put a new lower link in the Bronson for 2020, said to increase progression). I'd be curious to know how it rides, thinking of getting a 2020 Bronson CS.

I'm sure many others will chime in. The Bronson went lower link in 2019 FYI, it's now on it's second year as the V3. IMO the V3 is better in every way except for a slight increase in weight. The suspension kinematics are greatly improved and are now progressive throughout the entire stroke and you can tell the bike feels much more bottomless and tracks the ground better as a result. Added bonus if you prefer coils that's now a much better option than on a V2. Geo is improved in every way, though may lose some uphill performance as the V3 is longer, lower, slacker. Also what the new geo lacks in climbing is made up for in a firmer suspension under power. Weight is increased on the V3, but I didn't really notice it all that much, I believe because the center of mass is significantly lower due to the lower link shock configuration.

Rides like a dream overall and a significant improvement over the V2. If you're looking for a more capable bike, particularly downhill, the V3 is the way to go. Slight edge to the V2 for more trail/all mountain riding IMO. BTW I currently own a V2 and have ridden a V3 quite a bit.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
tgent wrote:
sam264 wrote:

I'm sure many others will chime in. The Bronson went lower link in 2019 FYI, it's now on it's second year as the V3. IMO the V3 is better in every way except for a slight increase in weight. The suspension kinematics are greatly improved and are now progressive throughout the entire stroke and you can tell the bike feels much more bottomless and tracks the ground better as a result. Added bonus if you prefer coils that's now a much better option than on a V2. Geo is improved in every way, though may lose some uphill performance as the V3 is longer, lower, slacker. Also what the new geo lacks in climbing is made up for in a firmer suspension under power. Weight is increased on the V3, but I didn't really notice it all that much, I believe because the center of mass is significantly lower due to the lower link shock configuration.

Rides like a dream overall and a significant improvement over the V2. If you're looking for a more capable bike, particularly downhill, the V3 is the way to go. Slight edge to the V2 for more trail/all mountain riding IMO. BTW I currently own a V2 and have ridden a V3 quite a bit.

No no he’s asking about the new lower linkage on the V3 only. I guess SC started using one that made the V3 even more progressive for 2020(?)
havent ridden the new new one but im not sure how much more progressive you’d want the bronson to be...

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
sosburn wrote:
tgent wrote:
sam264 wrote:

No no he’s asking about the new lower linkage on the V3 only. I guess SC started using one that made the V3 even more progressive for 2020(?)
havent ridden the new new one but im not sure how much more progressive you’d want the bronson to be...

Wait, I see what you're saying now, the 2020 Bronson really has an updated lower link? I was under the impression it was the exact same as 2019?

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:
tgent wrote:

Wait, I see what you're saying now, the 2020 Bronson really has an updated lower link? I was under the impression it was the exact same as 2019?

Same, i had not heard of any new link. The V3 as i rode it when it first was released was plenty progressive imo, to the point where i felt a cool shock would be a perfect addition

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:
tgent wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Same, i had not heard of any new link. The V3 as i rode it when it first was released was plenty progressive imo, to the point where i felt a cool shock would be a perfect addition

I just went on a wild-goose-chase looking into this. Here's what I found.

The only real spot I could find people discussing it on an MTBR Forum: https://forums.mtbr.com/santa-cruz/2019-santa-cruz-bronson-v3-1081992-9.html

The forum references this interview with a SC engineer, and they thought he referenced a "first iteration of V3 Bronson": https://nsmb.com/articles/interview-2020-hightower-lead-engineer-eamon-briggs/

Here's the referenced 1st iteration question and answer: The first iteration of the new Bronson was very supportive in the mid stroke, which some people enjoyed (me for example) but others felt was too much. How does the HT compare in that regard?
Answer: The HT is also designed to be supportive in the mid stroke, but the HT curve is really more similar to the Megatower

This is literally all I could find, and as you can read in his answer above he makes NO mention of a second iteration Bronson link. IMO this is just guesswork by people and SC has never stated that the 2020 Bronson has an updated link...

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008943
Mobile Version of Website