show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
I'm not sure which should I focus on, both bike and view are stunning Fab Beer

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
tgent wrote:
Wait, I see what you're saying now, the 2020 Bronson really has an updated lower link? I was under the impression it was the exact same as 2019?

Bringing it back to this for a moment... I can confirm that the 2020 Bronson has a different lower link than the previous years. Santa Cruz has moved the shock mount upwards relative to the main link pivot. While this is one way to increase the progressivity of the frame it also decreases the amount of clearance between the shock and the top of the shock tunnel. This eats up a lot of clearance that people who are looking to run coils will want.

That's really interesting, thanks for the info! Honestly this would push me away from the Bronson, because if you go 2019 you get better clearance but not really enough progressivity for a coil, or if you go 2020 you have worse clearance and less room for a coil but better kinematics.

Interesting stuff.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 19:01 Quote
Ok opinion time: going Tallboy 4. 130mm fork or 140mm fork? I've pedaled one around with a 130mm fork but SCs are historically famous for riding better with 10mm more travel up front.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
seraph wrote:
Ok opinion time: going Tallboy 4. 130mm fork or 140mm fork? I've pedaled one around with a 130mm fork but SCs are historically famous for riding better with 10mm more travel up front.

Get a fork that you can switch lengths easily, then you dont have to worry...

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 19:29 Quote
seraph wrote:

Been spending time on the stock 130 fork and low/short setup on tb v4.. It's definitely can hang on steeps and high speed. Feels great ???? but i plan on slapping it to 140 when I can just too see how it handles bike park here.

That bike rips, plain and simple.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
My Hightower V1

photo
photo
photo

My Bronson V1

photo
photo

Lots of awesome bikes on here. Cheers!

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
seraph wrote:

130mm coil fork. better use of a shorter stroke

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 21:31 Quote
seraph wrote:

I have a 140 pike ultimate for it, but frame still has not arrived...... Inwa planning to change airspring to 130, maybe I will try the 140 first

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 0:12 Quote
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:

I have a 140 pike ultimate for it, but frame still has not arrived...... Inwa planning to change airspring to 130, maybe I will try the 140 first

I'm leaning towards Pike Ultimate but if I do I may get a coil spring for it. I plan to do a DB Inline Coil on the back.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 1:12 Quote
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:

I'm leaning towards Pike Ultimate but if I do I may get a coil spring for it. I plan to do a DB Inline Coil on the back.

Ok, will that fit? I got a Super deluxe coil ultimate dh from a norco frame in the 190 x 45 size, see hoe that goes

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:51 Quote
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:

Ok, will that fit? I got a Super deluxe coil ultimate dh from a norco frame in the 190 x 45 size, see hoe that goes

Confirmed by Cane Creek that it will fit Beer

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
First post, first substantial bike investment. Came from the Salsa Timberjack. Bought a R+ Carbon build, and then proceeded to change just about every component. Live and learn. I didn't lose much cash, but man it would have been more enjoyable to just build frame up.
photo

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
purty! be interested in hearing how it compares to the Timberjack. I was thinking about a single speed and Salsa was on my list if for nothing more, frame price. Want a Chameleon like you have though....

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
gmoss wrote:
purty! be interested in hearing how it compares to the Timberjack. I was thinking about a single speed and Salsa was on my list if for nothing more, frame price. Want a Chameleon like you have though....

Loved my Timberjack. Tried the 29er setup first, and hated it. Having been 10 years removed from any kind of mountain biking, I was used to 26". 29er was way too much bike for me. Love the 27+ format.

I mainly switched because I wanted a larger frame and then settled on the chameleon (considered Honzo, Timberjack, Fuse, and Scout). Overall geometry and some pretty good reviews pushed me to Santa Cruz. Nothing bad to say about the Timberjack.

After adjusting to clipless pedals and the larger frame, I am loving the Chameleon. I probably could have added a dropper, clipless pedals, and a new fork to the Timberjack and been happy, but new bike days are fun too.

Comparison wise, so many changes it's hard to say. But I still dont feel quite as nimble on the chameleon yet. I could really whip the Timberjack around. Tons of fun.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
I imagine size has something to do with that. I went from an XL Tallboy to a Large HTLT and it is more nimble than my TB, or feels that way.

Maybe one day.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018055
Mobile Version of Website