show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/18404028/

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

An Idaho Bronson! Love the custom decals, and I'm moving out there soon, will definitely recognize this bike on the trails.

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
downhill trail on santa cruz tallboy

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 22:57 Quote
Anyone knows when is Santa Cruz launching new colors for their bikes? I`ve heard its supposed to be June/July? I`m in no rush to buy and don`t want to spend all that money if they are updating colors soon. Cheers

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
juxtapozy wrote:
Anyone knows when is Santa Cruz launching new colors for their bikes? I`ve heard its supposed to be June/July? I`m in no rush to buy and don`t want to spend all that money if they are updating colors soon. Cheers

Well considering that SC is virtually shut down right now, I'm guessing any dates will get pushed back.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 18:21 Quote
It is usually around mid summer, yes. Exceptions are recent big reveals which will be early or late summer IIRC eg heckler

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 0:59 Quote
Here is mine Orange Nomad V4 Al. Over one and half year and still surprised how good this bike is.
Orange Nomad 2019 mk4
Orange Nomad 2019 mk4

Orange Nomad 2019 mk4
Orange Nomad 2019 mk4

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
kome wrote:
Here is mine Orange Nomad V4 Al. Over one and half year and still surprised how good this bike is.
Orange Nomad 2019 mk4
Orange Nomad 2019 mk4

Orange Nomad 2019 mk4
Orange Nomad 2019 mk4

Man great setup. Santa Cruz FTW.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 8:33 Quote

Just a quick update of my N3

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
Big shout out to Cascade Components. This thing rocks!! Looks pretty good too!

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
Hope they offer a new link for the Tallboy soon. Would be nice to be able to fit other shock length, and get a bit more travel to match a bigger fork.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:
Hope they offer a new link for the Tallboy soon. Would be nice to be able to fit other shock length, and get a bit more travel to match a bigger fork.

I truly don't understand this, so asking for peoples thoughts, not bashing the people that have done it already. What's the point of people wanting to add travel to these bikes? If you want a bike that's more capable than a tallboy, buy a hightower. If you want a bike that's more capable than a hightower and can run a coil, buy a megatower. If you want a bike that's more progressive and longer travel than a bronson, buy a nomad... I feel like SC already has these segments really well covered, but lots of people are looking to add travel/progression on bikes that aren't really designed for it. I understand fine tuning but it seems these wouldn't be as popular if that was all some people were doing.

At the end of the day, to each their own obviously, who cares what I think, it's your bike. Just trying to understand why these links seem to be so popular.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
The links change the suspension curve which has been an issue for some people depending on their size/weight. The links also allow them to then choose a different shock that better fits their riding style/rider profile. Otherwise, I agree with you that if you want to longshock a tallboy you probably bought the wrong bike.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
There are different dog bone knuckles like this for dirt bikes. As said, they change the progression and can improve performance, depending on the application. Long shocking, I am with you, buy the next in line.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011815
Mobile Version of Website