show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Author Message
Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 12:39 Quote
seraph wrote:
That looks amazing!

Stoked to see the TB4 you've got coming

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
blkmrktrider156 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Just finished building my new Hightower. Still waiting on the decals but wanted to post it in the meantime. Pretty stoked on how it came out. Got the Vorsprung Tractive Valve and tune by Full Flow in Auburn and threw on the MegNeg. She's feeling pretty dialed.

How long did Full Flow take? I've emailed them a couple times about servicing right now and haven't heard back.

Give Michael a call, I never have an issue calling. He is limiting his work right now but It was done in 4 days.[/Quote]

Awesome thanks. Nothing id change on that hightower, looks like a total weapon

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
blkmrktrider156 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Just finished building my new Hightower. Still waiting on the decals but wanted to post it in the meantime. Pretty stoked on how it came out. Got the Vorsprung Tractive Valve and tune by Full Flow in Auburn and threw on the MegNeg. She's feeling pretty dialed.

How long did Full Flow take? I've emailed them a couple times about servicing right now and haven't heard back.

Give Michael a call, I never have an issue calling. He is limiting his work right now but It was done in 4 days.

Awesome thanks. Nothing id change on that hightower, looks like a total weapon[/Quote]

Thanks man I appreciate, just saw you're in Angwin that's dope. That's the main place I've been riding with everything shut down.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 13:08 Quote
I apologise for not looking through the thread for this. I need new hub bearings for my 2018 nomad v4 cr. It's got a Novatec D462 rear hub, and i need bearings for the hub and xd freehub. That's 5 in total, 2 different sizes. I stripped it down today as the wheel had seized over the winter. I cleaned and regreased all the bearings and rebuilt it but since I'm a twat i forgot to write down the bearing sizes. Any help is appreciated. Sarcasm too as long as it's funny. Cheers.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
The hubshell bearings are 6902. Not sure about XD freehub body, but it looks like you can get a whole new one for £26, so if yours is a bit old it might be worth doing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392744669934

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:
That looks amazing!

Stoked to see the TB4 you've got coming

Ah, it's no longer going to be a TB4. Eek Santa Cruz put all their production on hold during this pandemic. So I moved on to another manufacturer, down the road so to speak...

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
seraph wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
seraph wrote:
That looks amazing!

Stoked to see the TB4 you've got coming

Ah, it's no longer going to be a TB4. Eek Santa Cruz put all their production on hold during this pandemic. So I moved on to another manufacturer, down the road so to speak...

Really?

Guess my tb4 is not coming either

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 14:13 Quote
Finished up my Megatower build over the weekend. Stoked and love the bike so far!


Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:
newbermuda wrote:


Stoked to see the TB4 you've got coming

Ah, it's no longer going to be a TB4. Eek Santa Cruz put all their production on hold during this pandemic. So I moved on to another manufacturer, down the road so to speak...

Really?

Guess my tb4 is not coming either

Yeah. On their B2B they show "backorder only - contact rep" which basically means that they might have the frame parts in stock but no one to assemble them.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 14:49 Quote
RBorek wrote:
The hubshell bearings are 6902. Not sure about XD freehub body, but it looks like you can get a whole new one for £26, so if yours is a bit old it might be worth doing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392744669934

Tidy, cheers. It's only had a few months use, crappy bearings I guess.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
fielonator wrote:
RBorek wrote:
The hubshell bearings are 6902. Not sure about XD freehub body, but it looks like you can get a whole new one for £26, so if yours is a bit old it might be worth doing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392744669934

Tidy, cheers. It's only had a few months use, crappy bearings I guess.

to be honest its the hubs that suck, but better bearings dont hurt. I blew up a few freehubs and customers did too. theres a reason they stopped using novatec hubs on their bikes and went to dt swiss hubs

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 16:54 Quote
Novatec hubs are absolute garbage. They work if you weigh 110 lbs but that's it.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
seraph wrote:
Novatec hubs are absolute garbage. They work if you weigh 110 lbs but that's it.

Can confirm. Also, last time I tried to source some replacement parts for someone that mashed their freehub installing their cassette then messed up the bearings trying to adjust them, it took about a week for them to bounce emails around internally and hunt down the right stuff. Model year was like 2 years ago. Terrible.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
Hi all!

I just picked up a shiny new Megatower in LR Green. Beautiful bike, but already thinking about a few small custom colour touches. But having a hard time deciding what colours would work best with that green. Any suggestions? photos would be even better!

Thanks

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 5:34 Quote
drake88 wrote:
Hi all!

I just picked up a shiny new Megatower in LR Green. Beautiful bike, but already thinking about a few small custom colour touches. But having a hard time deciding what colours would work best with that green. Any suggestions? photos would be even better!

Thanks

Purple/orange, blue?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008319
Mobile Version of Website