show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Author Message
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
Yep, only issue with the Megatower is the Super Deluxe air shock. Put a decent coil on it and it will feel like a different bike.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
niconj wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:
I gotta say, it really bugs me when brands shoot products super contrasty. Its not cool, its lazy. Learn how to light a set FFS and actually show the product we are buying.

You can always have a look at the video to see it.

The Megatower isn't a very smooth bike to begin with and if all the hype is true, the Highlander will beat it in this area by far.

the problem is the SD air shock in your mega setup

I was slightly upset by the wooden harshness of mega on mid size fast impacts on SD air, too. All is forgiven with my current Pushed Bomber cr Smile

Nope. I ran the Nomad RS Super Deluxe Coil on it too. It was better. The MegNeg SD Air is not too far off though.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
niconj wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
niconj wrote:


You can always have a look at the video to see it.

The Megatower isn't a very smooth bike to begin with and if all the hype is true, the Highlander will beat it in this area by far.

the problem is the SD air shock in your mega setup

I was slightly upset by the wooden harshness of mega on mid size fast impacts on SD air, too. All is forgiven with my current Pushed Bomber cr Smile

Nope. I ran the Nomad RS Super Deluxe Coil on it too. It was better. The MegNeg SD Air is not too far off though.

did you try getting it tuned?

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 8:19 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
did you try getting it tuned?

Nah... too much hassle. I ordered the Deviate instead. Big Grin Actually, I really didn't pay that much for the MT frameset and will be selling it with only a little loss after having ridden it for 9 months.

I also really like the concept of a HPP bike and the Deviate will be an equal if not better bike having 160/150mm suspension. Having a look at the geometry, it's not too far off from the MT either.


Posted: May 20, 2020 at 11:27 Quote

mullet on me mega Cool

2,5" wt dd agre rear. 165mm cranks with flipchip: high. Feels quite familiar yet somewhat more flickable. Might try lowering the bars next.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
Just got my new dropper on! Now it finally matches my suspension!

And it feels GREAT. I don't know if it's the new PNW Loam lever or the Transfer post itself but holy cow - it feels awesome. I can control how fast or slowly it goes up which is super cool.

Just got the new dropper on

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
The lever makes all the difference! My Wolf Tooth easy pull lever made a HUGE difference in the feel of mine.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 18:40 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Just got my new dropper on! Now it finally matches my suspension!

And it feels GREAT. I don't know if it's the new PNW Loam lever or the Transfer post itself but holy cow - it feels awesome. I can control how fast or slowly it goes up which is super cool.

Just got the new dropper on

Transfer is awesome for speed modulation! Awesome build!

bikefuturist wrote:

mullet on me mega Cool

2,5" wt dd agre rear. 165mm cranks with flipchip: high. Feels quite familiar yet somewhat more flickable. Might try lowering the bars next.

Friggin send it bud

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 18:45 Quote
Ok guys, would like some input on changing up my steed a bit. I get bored and I spend a little from time to time mixing it up.

I am planning at some point of adding a new orange Fox 36, and want to coordinate my changes now with the fork change in mind. This light blue needs some pop, it just doesn't scream RIDE ME! haha

Anywho, thinking about changing up the stem and bars, I9 stem and another set of carbon bars, possibly Deity. May end up adding a CK headset as well. I want to color coordinate, but not too much.

I was thinking the Deity bars with bronze, black I9 stem, or maybe orange. Not sure the Orange will mesh with the orange fork. Also not sure that the bronze on the bars will match the Kashima on the forks, though it looks near perfect for the frame lettering and shock. I have also thought about matching the SC letters down the main tube going Orange to match the fork, by Invisiframe.

so, what color combo would you go with?

I think orange ano will clash with the red and blue ano on the shock, fork. Not a big deal, but I did red I9 valves, and red ano Enduro bearings on the shock.


Posted: May 22, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
Deity's bronze components match Kashima really well. I did the bronze valve caps, stem, and seat collar on my Blur 4X.
Inaugural ride on the new hotness. Bike feels like I remember Blur 4Xs feeling. Light and snappy. Just over 26 lbs without anything ultra light except the Enve bars and carbon railed saddle. G2 RSC 4-piston brakes with a 140 rotor out back and 180 up front Turbine cranks with a 28t Wolf Tooth ring Burgtec Penthouse Mk.4 pedals Flow rims on SRAM 900 hubs Deity Copperhead stem...

If you're going to do an orange fork, I would downplay the orange accents. Fork lowers are quite large and if you try to match too many things it's going to get busy. Personally I would get a black 36 Factory, and possibly a Factory Transfer post to match. If you want that extra bit of bling, see if you can get your hands on the final batch of the Matte Bourbon stuff from Chris King.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 5:37 Quote
Heck, did not know the bronze CK headset was temporary, may go ahead and pick one up if I can find one.

I like the orange fork against the blue. IMO, needs some pop. I agree that I can do much more than that in orange. Plus, kind of reminds me of the Miami Dolphins, which I liked as a kid. Haha

Normally, I would match comp by brand. IOW, my I9 hubs are black, so I should go black I9 stem. May still, probably look good if I can find the headset in bronze, and then dind a complimentary Deity bar.

Are you saying the bronze Deity matches the lighter Kashima or the darker?

Any thoughts on other color combos folks?

Like the blur, and a neutral frame color and simple accents. What I like about my polished Superlight, did red and blue ano accents and it really looked good.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
Views: 3,105    Faves: 33    Comments: 14


We made this short edit with my friend a few months ago. it's me riding and having a ton of fun on my V3 Bronson CC. I love this bike!

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Heck, did not know the bronze CK headset was temporary, may go ahead and pick one up if I can find one.

I like the orange fork against the blue. IMO, needs some pop. I agree that I can do much more than that in orange. Plus, kind of reminds me of the Miami Dolphins, which I liked as a kid. Haha

Normally, I would match comp by brand. IOW, my I9 hubs are black, so I should go black I9 stem. May still, probably look good if I can find the headset in bronze, and then dind a complimentary Deity bar.

Are you saying the bronze Deity matches the lighter Kashima or the darker?

Any thoughts on other color combos folks?

Like the blur, and a neutral frame color and simple accents. What I like about my polished Superlight, did red and blue ano accents and it really looked good.

I'm not sure on which gold the bronze Deity stuff is supposed to match. IRL both my fork and shock matched almost 100%, which I understand is rare.

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Any pics?

I don't own the bike any more so I can't confirm unfortunately.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009867
Mobile Version of Website