show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
GTCHAMPION1 wrote:
Just piked up this bad boy last week, the new 5010C V4 with S-kit
photo
I was off the saddle for a few months lost some muscle and gained weight time to get motivated and start getting back in shape

Hey there bike buddy!

photo

Went for a medium frame at over 6 foot this time around. Rode a few medium demos and friend's bikes over the last year and have been kinda yearning for something a little friskier to be thrown around. Just got back in from the first ride on it, and holy shit the thing is such a blast.

Still needs a few parts to be swapped, but it's very solid as is. The new GX kit really does feel very refined, and rather surprised at how good the Grip Fox fork is.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 21:21 Quote
sherbet wrote:
GTCHAMPION1 wrote:
photo
I was off the saddle for a few months lost some muscle and gained weight time to get motivated and start getting back in shape

Hey there bike buddy!

photo

Went for a medium frame at over 6 foot this time around. Rode a few medium demos and friend's bikes over the last year and have been kinda yearning for something a little friskier to be thrown around. Just got back in from the first ride on it, and holy shit the thing is such a blast.

Still needs a few parts to be swapped, but it's very solid as is. The new GX kit really does feel very refined, and rather surprised at how good the Grip Fox fork is.

Very sick looking 5010 shaped potato lol

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 22:07 Quote
Man I pedaled the new 5010 around a little and I'm honestly not impressed. I'm not sure what gap in their lineup it's trying to fill. The geometry seems way too slack for something short travel and small-wheeled. It's kinda like a Bronson Jr now. I feel like it would be ok with bigger wheels, and then I remember how much I love my Tallboy.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 22:35 Quote
blkmrktrider156 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
GTCHAMPION1 wrote:
photo

Hey there bike buddy!

photo

Very sick looking 5010 shaped potato lol

Im loving this bike, absolutely feels so much better than previous models. The way I ride it, I think Im going to end up upgrading the front rotor to a 200mm, or maybe will go for a 203mm on the front and 200mm on the rear, and I have to get that new Sram XX1 Eagle gold chain(just because it looks awesome! Drool ), but other than that, Im loving the bike!

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
Man I pedaled the new 5010 around a little and I'm honestly not impressed. I'm not sure what gap in their lineup it's trying to fill. The geometry seems way too slack for something short travel and small-wheeled. It's kinda like a Bronson Jr now. I feel like it would be ok with bigger wheels, and then I remember how much I love my Tallboy.

If you are used to an XC bike, you will not like a Full Trail/All mountain bike because it will ride much different and it will take you time to get used to it, the 5010 is built for one purpose and there is a reason why still run with the 27.5 wheels and not 29ers, it is not a race bike if you want to talk about racing. I come from a BMX background and it is hard for me to find a mountain bike that I can play with the way I want it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
GTCHAMPION1 wrote:
seraph wrote:

If you are used to an XC bike, you will not like a Full Trail/All mountain bike because it will ride much different and it will take you time to get used to it, the 5010 is built for one purpose and there is a reason why still run with the 27.5 wheels and not 29ers, it is not a race bike if you want to talk about racing. I come from a BMX background and it is hard for me to find a mountain bike that I can play with the way I want it.

Well he had the V2 version of the 5010, so he knows what it is and what it is intended for I suspect. I sold my v2 5010 last week and have thought about the new 5010, but also have the tallboy 4 and the MT, so not sure it is needed…..

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
Everyone needs a non-29” play bike

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
Any of you v4 guys coming off a v3?

I have a v2 and think I might just grab a v3 for cheap, I don't need to spend $1000+ for lower linkage.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
For those that have installed ride wrap/invisiframe, how far do you recommend breaking the bike down? Full tear down? Something in the middle?

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
stonant wrote:

I have a v2 and think I might just grab a v3 for cheap, I don't need to spend $1000+ for lower linkage.

I think the v3 was the most fun bike ever made, ive only had a short ride on the v4 but i think it moves away from the fun bike the v2/v3 was and is more aimed at just being a trail bike, which i suppose some people may like but you may as well buy a bronson at that point.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
605endurbro wrote:
For those that have installed ride wrap/invisiframe, how far do you recommend breaking the bike down? Full tear down? Something in the middle?
I did mine with just the BB in but I did it when I built up the bike. You can work around leaving the back brake on, just take the pads out because you will be spraying the bike with a soap solution. Taking the fork and cockpit off might not be necessary but it will make your life easier. You can leave the shock on and you don't need to take the frame apart.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
Oh nice, that's not too bad then.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
stonant wrote:

I think the v3 was the most fun bike ever made, ive only had a short ride on the v4 but i think it moves away from the fun bike the v2/v3 was and is more aimed at just being a trail bike, which i suppose some people may like but you may as well buy a bronson at that point.

Suspension doesn't feel similar to the Bronson IMO. Feels more progressive. Feels a lot more able to pop off lips. I'd go as far as to say the new 5010 pops better than the last one, at the loss of some responsive steering at lower speeds.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
605endurbro wrote:

I have done both and frame apart is a little easier, but not end of world. lets you get more access to the back of the seat tube and inside of the rear triangle, where a lot of wear occurs. Do what you feel comfortable with. I liked having it apart, clean and in my lap for the rear triangle. The front is easier with it in a stand.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
This color is hot... (Not mine)

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017159
Mobile Version of Website