show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
Adding the cascade link mimics the frame being in the low setting, which essentially drops the bb height.

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
The Nomad link keeps the BB height identical to what it is with the stock link in high. Most of our SC links lower the BB. This one does not. One thing that's important to take into consideration is that a more progressive link sags more at the wheel than it does at the shock. Set the sag to 25-27% to get the correct sag at the wheel. For those of you that might be curious about it it's actually the only link we've gotten anyone to review. That can be found here https://theloamwolf.com/2020/02/17/review-cascade-components-v4-nomad-lt-link/

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
I stand corrected. Very interesting. I’m running a DVO Topaz (stock length). How would the link work with my shock, as I don’t intend on purchasing another one.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
G-horseNoBrakes wrote:
fredro wrote:
noplacelikeloam wrote:

I was, but mainly due to suspension setup. Now run a megneg with cascade link, 1 token, high pressure at 25% sag and it works well. Could be too stiff for some but provides a lot of support and less pedal strikes.

Was looking at the cascade link, but it lowers the BB even more than it is now. Suspension adjustment and maybe shorter cranks help. But mostly my technique and line choice are most to blame.

I'm in the same boat here. Built up a Nomad 4 single speed to rip uplift laps. Frame size is XL and I'm 1.89m tall.

Im 95kg kitted up for dh laps with full facer on etc. I'm running 220psi with a 2.5 gnar dog token. Compression is run full open as I like how plush it feels. The shock tunnel makes it hard to actually measure sag but It seems to be at 30% sag maybe a tad more.
Suspension action feels good over the rough stuff BUT... So many pedal strikes man! I know I just need to try adapt my riding style and swap out the 175 cranks for 165.
I'm 34 been riding for about 20 years and never had a bike that gets pedal strikes as often! The bottom out feels good so I dont feel like i need another token in there. I'm gonna increase psi to try get closer to 25% sag but this is gonna take away a bit of the plushness I like.

I had been thinking about the cascade link but theres been a huuuge price increase recently. I'm in the UK, 4 or 5 weeks ago I was looking at it but didnt want to order just yet before I spent more time on the bike. It was £249 back then. Now its £331... wtf! That price is just too high. £249 was pushing it already.

I see the prices in dollars went up too from $249 to $331. 33% increase in price? Fuuuk that. The price in pounds is would be around $420

Whooa, thats a price hike! Didnt know about that!

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
Took my 2018 bronson out for its first rip in about 3 weeks.

Still shreds!

Views: 326    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
JonDud wrote:

Still shreds!

Very nice!!

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
JonDud wrote:

Still shreds!

Very nice!!

Thanks! I'm lucky to have that as my "home trails"

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
Can someone post a pic of the 21 HT area at the front of the rear triangle where the chainguard stops? Trying to see if it is just a different piece of plastic over 20, or if it bolts to the frame.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 20:34 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Can someone post a pic of the 21 HT area at the front of the rear triangle where the chainguard stops? Trying to see if it is just a different piece of plastic over 20, or if it bolts to the frame.

I will post one the second I get it. Mine was ordered the second they could be and am waiting very impatiently. It hasn't shipped yet. I am in Canada so I am sure that will affect the delivery.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
Right after getting my self the new 5010C V4 S in Loosely Blue, I wanted to do something nice for my wife. I was short on money but a month later, which was last Friday, I was finally able to get my wife the Chameleon C S+ in Gloss Carbon
Latest addition to the family the new Chameleon C S in Gloss Carbon my wife s bike

We just had a chilled ride with her new bike on a fire road before getting it dirty, she just wanted to get the feel of her new bike, since it is the first time she has plus size wheels and a carbon frame.
some chilled ride with my wife. 5010C V4 S Chameleon C S

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
Awsome pair of bikes man!
Enjoy!

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 20:56 Quote
Better pics pls, particularly drive side pics.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
That is so rad you got her a nice bike and you can ride together! That gloss black looks so slick.

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 6:35 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
Awsome pair of bikes man!
Enjoy!
Thanks man

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Austink wrote:
That is so rad you got her a nice bike and you can ride together! That gloss black looks so slick.
She loves bikes and she always did some light XC trails, and I always wanted her to explore more, so the plus size wheels have been great with stability and traction from which she didn't want the bigger tires due to its looks, but the bike is so light and made her fall in love with it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023326
Mobile Version of Website