show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Author Message
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I've put time into it. It's not getting use to it that's the problem, I disagree with the button placement altogether. You have to pull your thumb too high to hit the upper button. Personally see it as a massive oversight with the system. Mechanical just flat out feels better to me.

It just ain't for me. Really hope they offer more options for shifters.

I don't have any trouble with it, and my thumb is pretty messed up from an elbow injury. Actually it's all I can ride now, since shifting with a regular lever hurts my arm.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
The people I know that love it adore it, and the people I know that dislike it wouldn't run it if it was cheaper than mechanical. It's been very polarizing at the shop.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
I would imagine aftermarket levers/shifters coming into play sooner than later.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
sherbet wrote:
The people I know that love it adore it, and the people I know that dislike it wouldn't run it if it was cheaper than mechanical. It's been very polarizing at the shop.

The people whom I've convinced to buy it love it for the same reason I do. One customer of mine bought an S-Works Stumpjumper ST on closeout and pretty immediately upgraded to an XX1 shifter and derailleur because of the arthritis in her hands.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 16:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
sherbet wrote:
The people I know that love it adore it, and the people I know that dislike it wouldn't run it if it was cheaper than mechanical. It's been very polarizing at the shop.

The people whom I've convinced to buy it love it for the same reason I do. One customer of mine bought an S-Works Stumpjumper ST on closeout and pretty immediately upgraded to an XX1 shifter and derailleur because of the arthritis in her hands.

Ive done the same with some customers.

For me the shifter is easy to use if you actually own a bike with and ride it around. Just fiddling with it it's easy to assume it sux


Anyone had their clutch wears out yet? Mine is chain slappy as heck... No adjustment for clutch tension on a $700 derailleur is kind of..... Sad.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
Wooo! 5010 with Carbon C frame, Reserve wheelset and XT kit.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
Ew, Buttered Popcorn Yellow is more like it. Thumbs Down

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
Bullit 2 build is nearly complete, waiting on a couple of more parts. Got the frame stripped and powder coated and replaced the whole drivetrain and went with a 27.5 36 180 up front. Interested to see how it plays once I can take it out.


Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 0:40 Quote
Hi!

Im building my new Bronson with parts of my ex bike, its a 98% done, Im waiting for the headset (and I still in quarantine) so anxious to test it! Big Grin





Hope to change the wheels soon.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
gd-nick wrote:
Hi!

Im building my new Bronson with parts of my ex bike, its a 98% done, Im waiting for the headset (and I still in quarantine) so anxious to test it! Big Grin

Hope to change the wheels soon.

Sweet !! Salute

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 9:21 Quote
Is that Bronze SC on the frame?

If so, and you can find one, the Chris King bronze headset looks really good with it.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
Looking at selling my downhill bikes since they really do not get much use as I actually like the work out I get riding my trail bikes at the mountain and giving the wife the Hightower. Really don’t think I want a long travel 29er since I love my 27.5 wheels so much so definitely looking at a Nomad. My question is should I get a V3 or a V4? I know a lot of people will probably go straight to the V4 since it’s the newest thing out but newer is not always better. I am wanting the bike for fun lap days at the park along with just regular trail rides. Not really looking at doing any racing so don’t need to take the fastest chunkiest line but wanting more playful while still getting the long travel I want.

I am able to get my hands on a V3 frame brand new and can of course get the same in the V4.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Looking at selling my downhill bikes since they really do not get much use as I actually like the work out I get riding my trail bikes at the mountain and giving the wife the Hightower. Really don’t think I want a long travel 29er since I love my 27.5 wheels so much so definitely looking at a Nomad. My question is should I get a V3 or a V4? I know a lot of people will probably go straight to the V4 since it’s the newest thing out but newer is not always better. I am wanting the bike for fun lap days at the park along with just regular trail rides. Not really looking at doing any racing so don’t need to take the fastest chunkiest line but wanting more playful while still getting the long travel I want.

I am able to get my hands on a V3 frame brand new and can of course get the same in the V4.

Having had both, go for the V4. The leverage curve on the v3 was a PITA to set up a shock correctly. Way too much mid stroke wallow which made the bike feel kind of lethargic compared to V4.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
Curious what you guys think of this. I have some Santa Cruz Reserve rims that aren't holding air. I just put a new tire on and it's going flat in a few hours. I did the old soap and water trick to find where it was leaking. The rim is leaking where there are some scratches on the rim surface. Bubbles are forming and obviously air is getting out. I found at least four spots where this was going on. I contacted the warranty department, but what do you guys think. Warranty-able or just a bunch more sealant/new rim tape?



 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009402
Mobile Version of Website