show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
here is a close up of the mid section:
Santa Cruz Nomad CC Size large Fox 36 Factory RC2 Rock Shox Super Deluxe with Megneg Burgtec Penthouse MK5 pedals Rockgaurdz carbon downtube protector I9 Hydra Hubs Santa Cruz Reserve Carbon Rims Sram XX1 Rock Shox Reverb Post Santa Cruz Carbon Handlebar Ergon Grips

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
That Nomad is sick ! Congrats Salute

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
charlesdavid17 wrote:
After nearly 10 years away from serious biking (there were no hills in Houston and I got a MX bike instead), here in the NE USA, in NJ, finally there are mountains and it makes sense. Went full crazy for Nomad V4 with reserve wheels. Already added megneg, Ergon grips, Carbon downtube/bbb rock guard, burgtec pedals.

Santa Cruz Nomad CC Size large Fox 36 Factory RC2 Rock Shox Super Deluxe with Megneg Burgtec Penthouse MK5 pedals Rockgaurdz carbon downtube protector I9 Hydra Hubs Santa Cruz Reserve Carbon Rims Sram XX1 Rock Shox Reverb Post Santa Cruz Carbon Handlebar Ergon Grips

Awesome bike, where in Jersey do you ride?

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
GTCHAMPION1 wrote:
charlesdavid17 wrote:
After nearly 10 years away from serious biking (there were no hills in Houston and I got a MX bike instead), here in the NE USA, in NJ, finally there are mountains and it makes sense. Went full crazy for Nomad V4 with reserve wheels. Already added megneg, Ergon grips, Carbon downtube/bbb rock guard, burgtec pedals.

Chimney Rock, and Mountain Creek so far, but I am new to the area and dont know the Chimney rock trails well at all (its about 10 mins away from me).

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 13:56 Quote
[Quote="charlesdavid17"]
GTCHAMPION1 wrote:
charlesdavid17 wrote:

Six Mile Run is also close to you.
You should join MTBNJ.com it's a forum for all NJ riders, you'll be able to get updates maps and even group rides in Jersey

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
I’m also in nj with a nomad ! Where about a do you ride?

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
Am I the only one wondering where you need a nomad in New Jersey?? Lmao

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
ryan-az wrote:

25% of my rides actually require my 160 mm enduro bike to ride as fast and aggressively as I can, but I can only afford one bike and I prioritize that 25% of my riding. The bike climbs and performs very well on the other 75%. Those that prioritize climbing and snappier performance on smooth flowy parts of the trail may choose a shorter travel or hardtail in a one bike situation but to each their own.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
I didn’t really need an explanation, I’m quite familiar with different travel requirements for different riding styles. But thank you anyway. I was just unaware that trails out there get that rowdy.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 15:19 Quote
A quick look into the geology of the east coast and you would know. The Appalachian mtns run all the way up the coast and thru NJ. You do not need a ton of elevation to get some serious downs when dealing with rock and woods.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
Always the people who don't even have a single picture and probably no bike or knowledge are the ones who always talk negativity about your bike, just because you actually riding. I got smack from all the people who don't ride and from other few when I switched to carbon frames and when I got the 5010. Always someone to show how much jealous they are. That Nomad is sweet and it is actually required for 40% of the trails in Jersey. You have to be from NJ and know the area to have access to all the local hidden trails too.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
I ride at Mt Creek and Ringwood in New Jersey. Those are legit trails.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 19:26 Quote
I’m sorry I guess I didn’t really think of it. Btw @GTC I’m pretty competent about bike knowledge and I think you took it the wrong way.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
I live in Delaware currently and I'm thinking that I'm crazy for buying a Hightower for the trails we have here, mostly flat compared to a lot of other places. I'm originally from PA tho, so my thought was buy one bike that I know will be good for the surrounding tri state area, especially if I decide to hit up a blue mtn or mountain creek bike park eventually.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
ryan-az wrote:

I can see why you would think that but given there is lift access bike park riding less than an hours drive away, and that I have family and friends in Quebec (Mnt Saint Anne) and in BC/Whistler id say I have plenty of reasons to want a Nomad!

Dont get me wrong the local trails are tame and im overbiked for sure, but the days of me having 7 bikes in the garage to cover all the bases are gone!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008715
Mobile Version of Website