show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
moferenc wrote:
Well, you are not the first, nor the last person who did that.

Ok, I'm not saying I am. I'm saying that standing on my feet 8 hours a day 5 days a week for 20 years has wreaked havoc on my back and shoulders.

Also like I said I don't even really enjoy riding steep stuff. Also I suppose coming from a BMX background has me predisposed to liking near vertical levers.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
seraph wrote:
moferenc wrote:

Ok, I'm not saying I am. I'm saying that standing on my feet 8 hours a day 5 days a week for 20 years has wreaked havoc on my back and shoulders.

Also like I said I don't even really enjoy riding steep stuff. Also I suppose coming from a BMX background has me predisposed to liking near vertical levers.

Everything is relative and gets more so with time. I have a wrecked foot, two missing discs, sciatica for 8 yrs and a shoulder that’s been messed up 4 times. I genuinely hope when you are older you will not regret feeling old when so young.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
billyno wrote:
seraph wrote:
moferenc wrote:

Everything is relative and gets more so with time. I have a wrecked foot, two missing discs, sciatica for 8 yrs and a shoulder that’s been messed up 4 times. I genuinely hope when you are older you will not regret feeling old when so young.

I'll go ahead and tell my body to stop feeling old. I'm sure that will do it.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
rebel12 wrote:
New Hightower arrived. It's unreal. Have about 8 rides on it now. Dropped it off at the shop for some fine tuning. So far it's everthing I expected and more. Done just about all the types of riding available in my area from bike park to techy steep stuff. It handles it all. Makes you want to ride fast. Super playful bike. Jumps great. I am thinking about getting the cascade components linkage but will play around with more pressure. I found I went through the travel in the rear in very high speed compressions at the park. The park is not indicative of everyday riding but I will ride it hard.
photo

So sexy! I can't wait for my HT CC XX1/AXS - Smoke gray. 6 more weeks! I already ordered the megneg and I may do the cascade link as well. I will ridewrap it in matte finish, slam some new revgrips on it and get pedaling!

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
sandiegotrent wrote:
rebel12 wrote:
New Hightower arrived. It's unreal. Have about 8 rides on it now. Dropped it off at the shop for some fine tuning. So far it's everthing I expected and more. Done just about all the types of riding available in my area from bike park to techy steep stuff. It handles it all. Makes you want to ride fast. Super playful bike. Jumps great. I am thinking about getting the cascade components linkage but will play around with more pressure. I found I went through the travel in the rear in very high speed compressions at the park. The park is not indicative of everyday riding but I will ride it hard.
photo

So sexy! I can't wait for my HT CC XX1/AXS - Smoke gray. 6 more weeks! I already ordered the megneg and I may do the cascade link as well. I will ridewrap it in matte finish, slam some new revgrips on it and get pedaling!

It's a fast bike. My previous bike was a 27.5 Transition Patrol. I was concerned this would not be as playful. So far I find it pops just as well. It is unreal how it can do most things well. I have certainly put it through the paces so far and I have not felt under biked. I live on the Sunshine Coast of BC and the riding here is a good mix of rooty, steep, tech, fast and jump lines. Please let me know the feel and the performance before and after your upgrades. The thought of making it a 160/150 bike is very enticing.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 20:33 Quote
sandiegotrent wrote:
rebel12 wrote:
photo

I'm about to reserve a Hightower tomorrow at the bike shop. Did they give you a time that it would arrive. The guys at my shop said they have no clue when they will be sending out more bikes.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
Gooey wrote:
sandiegotrent wrote:
rebel12 wrote:
photo

I'm about to reserve a Hightower tomorrow at the bike shop. Did they give you a time that it would arrive. The guys at my shop said they have no clue when they will be sending out more bikes.

Replied via message. Covid, fires in the SC area (with bad air quality), booming industry. All a recipe for patience...which I lack!

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
Happy PAGE 700! Show off your SC stable, old and new!

photo
right 3
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
Oldest to newest:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Old pic of my dialed Nomad 2.
photo
photo
New wheels and tires. Bontrager Rhythm Pro Scandium TLR Bontrager XR3 26x2.2 and 2.3 Team Issue tires. 26.94 lbs
1997 Santa Cruz Jackal BMX done for now. New S amp M Race Bars. 21.86 lbs as pictured.
New blue E.13 XCX chain guide and shortened front brake hose.
Tried out the new Box Components One shifter and derailleur. So far not entirely sold on the way the shifter works. Due to the incompatibility of the clamp with the Matchmaker system the shifter is at an odd angle and I have to actually reposition my hand in order to reach back and upshift. The motion of the upshift itself isn t difficult but pulling your thumb back to get to the right angle to push the lever over is kind of awkward. Since the derailleur is Shimano compatible I may just replace it with a new SLX trigger instead.
Another light cruise on this thing to help break it in before I give it a true off-road beating.
Inaugural ride on the new hotness. Bike feels like I remember Blur 4Xs feeling. Light and snappy. Just over 26 lbs without anything ultra light except the Enve bars and carbon railed saddle. G2 RSC 4-piston brakes with a 140 rotor out back and 180 up front Turbine cranks with a 28t Wolf Tooth ring Burgtec Penthouse Mk.4 pedals Flow rims on SRAM 900 hubs Deity Copperhead stem...
Better photo of the new bike.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
So rad. Definitely say you ended up in a good spot. That last bike and the Spur are the only two bikes making my want to drain the savings account right now.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
Seraph Cruz. Get this man a sponsorship!

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 11:31 Quote
Gooey wrote:
sandiegotrent wrote:
rebel12 wrote:
photo

I ordered mine the second they were made available in late June. While I was waiting for it I called other shops out curiosity and was told had I ordered in August the bike would show up in December/January. However, I am seeing the odd bike trickle in. The local shop has an unsold CC Hightower on the floor.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 13:33 Quote
Seraph pimping!

Noiceeeee

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
yeah that latest tallboy is about as good as it gets

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Seraph Cruz. Get this man a sponsorship!

My sponsorship deal is I can EP a Santa Cruz no matter what shop I'm at, even if they don't sell SC lol

Oh shit I forgot one.

New black Silverado SLT saddle. Only one final piece of the puzzle remains in the quest to rid the Nickel of all white components... 28.5 lbs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.048082
Mobile Version of Website