show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
Im 75kg as god created me, after a morning dump and running a 450lbs. Was thinking of trying 475 or 500, but damn 550... Ordered a fox bearing kit and will be checking the bolts now.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
So new bullit gets the e-bike treatment and still no new nomad... The wait continues!

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
I’m going to say it will have the same or similar geo as the bullit minus the chain stay length.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
tgent wrote:
So new bullit gets the e-bike treatment and still no new nomad... The wait continues!

you won't have to wait much longer

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
step by step, the frame in August and now Hope headset (in blue) + Fox 36 grip2 2020 170mm at good price (the F38 is so much expensive)

Santa cruz Nomad v4 large

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
Just built one of those up at work yesterday!! That color is so cool in person! Great choice!

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:14 Quote
We got two of the new Bullits, and I gotta say, the base model is the biggest ripoff I've ever seen. $7500 gets you NX shifting with an 11-50 cassette, Guide RE brakes, a Zeb with no compression adjustment, A Cane Creek 10 headset, SRAM MTH hubs, and a Super Deluxe Select rear shock with no compression adjustment.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
seraph wrote:
We got two of the new Bullits, and I gotta say, the base model is the biggest ripoff I've ever seen. $7500 gets you NX shifting with an 11-50 cassette, Guide RE brakes, a Zeb with no compression adjustment, A Cane Creek 10 headset, SRAM MTH hubs, and a Super Deluxe Select rear shock with no compression adjustment.

Holy shit, that is one CRAP spec for they money, you sure it is not a specialized?;-)

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:

Holy shit, that is one CRAP spec for they money, you sure it is not a specialized?;-)

I mean for reference, the base model Kenevo comes with a Z1, A DPX2, Code Rs, and NX 11-speed. It retails for $5600. Also the motor has the same output and the batteries are very similar.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:

I mean for reference, the base model Kenevo comes with a Z1, A DPX2, Code Rs, and NX 11-speed. It retails for $5600.

7500 is insane for a bike with such a low spec

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
anyone here go from a V2 to a V3 5010 and size down? I'm 6' 1/2" tall, so right between sizes. Thinking of upgrading my frame and don't care to spend the money on a v4.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
seraph wrote:

In their defense most of the people buying them won’t ever adjust the suspension after rolling out of the shop. But yeah terrible value.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
Austink wrote:
seraph wrote:

In their defense most of the people buying them won’t ever adjust the suspension after rolling out of the shop. But yeah terrible value.

I feel like most riders who want a 170-180mm travel eBike aren't going to want to get such a low spec though. At least the Kevenvo has a Grip damper with adjustable compression and rebound.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 13:28 Quote
seraph wrote:

I feel like most riders who want a 170-180mm travel eBike aren't going to want to get such a low spec though. At least the Kevenvo has a Grip damper with adjustable compression and rebound.

Based on who I see riding e bikers around here, they just go into the shop and say “i want the most comfortable ride” then roll out on a huge e-duro sled and ride them around town and occasionally some flowy double track. Aka they don’t even know a good vs bad spec.

That base model is definitely not going to attract riders who are actually into bikes.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
seraph wrote:
Austink wrote:
seraph wrote:

maybe it's just to encourage people to buy the higher end versions. if you're already spending 7500 bucks, may as well pay the extra 1500-2000 for the nicer models. although idk why they'd even bother putting out that low of a spec and not just offer the frame-only

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014243
Mobile Version of Website