show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 14:48 Quote
Your son is going to love that ride.

It is super capable and really fun to ride. Here's mine.

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
Seats crooked. Needs moar Twenty6!! lol

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 14:52 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Seats crooked. Needs moar Twenty6!! lol

I knew that was coming. The minute I posted it ... instant regret!

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
I agree, totally should've straightened the seat first!! lol

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
I loved my Hightower. With 29" wheels and a 150mm fork it was actually really playful. But it was an unstoppable locomotive with the 27.5x2.8 tires.
Tried out the new Box Components One shifter and derailleur. So far not entirely sold on the way the shifter works. Due to the incompatibility of the clamp with the Matchmaker system the shifter is at an odd angle and I have to actually reposition my hand in order to reach back and upshift. The motion of the upshift itself isn t difficult but pulling your thumb back to get to the right angle to push the lever over is kind of awkward. Since the derailleur is Shimano compatible I may just replace it with a new SLX trigger instead.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
Always liked the color scheme of the 17. They put orange SC emblems on it, rather it be the stock, but my son likes it. lol

I like the HT better with the 150. seems to help in every way. I never got along with my 19, but I think a lot of that was the susp that came stock...but also did not like the ergos, which was weird.

I just recently installed a set of Deity Speedway carbon bars on my bike, along with the Chunky grips and I like them both better than the Renthals and Oury's I ran. The Renthals give a nice cushion, but are more flexy than the Deity. The I9 stem helped as well.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
seraph wrote:
I loved my Hightower. With 29" wheels and a 150mm fork it was actually really playful. But it was an unstoppable locomotive with the 27.5x2.8 tires.
Tried out the new Box Components One shifter and derailleur. So far not entirely sold on the way the shifter works. Due to the incompatibility of the clamp with the Matchmaker system the shifter is at an odd angle and I have to actually reposition my hand in order to reach back and upshift. The motion of the upshift itself isn t difficult but pulling your thumb back to get to the right angle to push the lever over is kind of awkward. Since the derailleur is Shimano compatible I may just replace it with a new SLX trigger instead.

I'm running 150mm. It really helps.

Seraph you have had some sweet rides over the years. The 2018 5010, that Blur 4x and your tallest boy. Some of my favorites.

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
Meh, he never had Twenty6 goodies...

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Meh, he never had Twenty6 goodies...

Uh yeah I did, your memory is going old man!
photo

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
I knew you had some, I prefer to talk shit!! You were prolly the one that turned me onto them!!

Posted: Feb 1, 2021 at 20:32 Quote
Just put this together over the weekend.

photo

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
My sons Hightower and my Megatower out for a cruise at our local trails WRT in Memphis TN
photo

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
Tossed some new parts on my Blur this week.

Added the following:
Chris King Dropset 3 Headset
Renthal Apex Stem
Deity Speedtrap Saddle

Almost time to build a new bike!
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
blurryvision wrote:

Added the following:
Renthal Apex Stem
Deity Speedtrap Saddle

photo

So everything orange then. ;-) lol

Looks sweet!

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
noplacelikeloam wrote:
blurryvision wrote:

Added the following:
Renthal Apex Stem
Deity Speedtrap Saddle

photo

So everything orange then. ;-) lol

Looks sweet!

Kinda went down the orange rabbit hole after I installed the fork. Lol!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022667
Mobile Version of Website