show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 0:50 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
seraph wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
Chromag Dagga pedals. Better than one up and most any other pedal .

photo
Not bad but not better than Dagga

Infinitely better.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Vaults have been my favorite flat pedal since I first bought them. I don’t care about the weight penalty. The grip, platform size, and ability to take rock strikes is unrivaled in my opinion.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
fredro wrote:
Vaults have been my favorite flat pedal since I first bought them. I don’t care about the weight penalty. The grip, platform size, and ability to take rock strikes is unrivaled in my opinion.

I love my Vaults and have never tried the Daggas but for some reason I always seem to go back to my plastic OneUps.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
fredro wrote:

I love my Vaults and have never tried the Daggas but for some reason I always seem to go back to my plastic OneUps.
May as well ask some of you since you're talking about it here:

I'm a Deity fan. I've been sold on their composites. Used the Compound, went to the Deftrap on my SJ. Always thought composites handled rock strike better than alloys. NOW seriously considering trying the Black Kats. Any of you think I would be better off w/the alloys (Black Kats)? Or have many of you SWITCHED from composite to alloy and glad you did?

~JSV

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
seraph wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
seraph wrote:

photo
Not bad but not better than Dagga

Infinitely better.

PEMBREE pedals for this fella, hands down the nicest and best made pedals out there

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:40 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
fredro wrote:

I'm a Deity fan. I've been sold on their composites. Used the Compound, went to the Deftrap on my SJ. Always thought composites handled rock strike better than alloys. NOW seriously considering trying the Black Kats. Any of you think I would be better off w/the alloys (Black Kats)? Or have many of you SWITCHED from composite to alloy and glad you did?

~JSV

I feel composites definitely handle rock strikes better. Also the threading seems to last better than the soft aluminum threads in most of the pedals. Also if you look at reliability compared to pricing composite petals are winning all day long.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
@krumpdancer101

Yeah honestly I never thought of that, if the composites have some kind of insert that may have a better material for threading the pins is that it--whereas the alloys are threaded right into the manufactured material.. have I got that right?

~JSV

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@krumpdancer101

Yeah honestly I never thought of that, if the composites have some kind of insert that may have a better material for threading the pins is that it--whereas the alloys are threaded right into the manufactured material.. have I got that right?

~JSV

All of my composite pedals(which is only oneup) have a nut on one side and you thread the pin from the other way. You can buy tons of aftermarket nuts and pins on eBay for a couple bucks. Just take a micrometer and measure and look for your size. All you do is remove it if the threads get jacked up or if the screw pin breaks off inside of the nut. I also bought longer pins so I’m able to adapt the pedal for the way I like.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 17:25 Quote
I’ve been on a set of Race Face Atas for 3 years now. Have been bullet proof.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
Yeah the Atlas, nice those aren't cheap either. I DO LIKE how their alloy pedals don't have that polished finish, it's like a textured finish on those Atlas right? That may be something more alloy pedals should have, just maybe less slippery.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
photo

nice upgrade man. how are the shifts under pressure/uphill?a long term review would be good on these

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 23:41 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
fredro wrote:

~JSV

I have a set of black kats on one of my bikes and prefer them over my vaults, daggas, chromag contacts, oneup components, and yoshimura chilao as my feet never slip on them and they have held up for three years and counting. All of my pedals are alloy and have only tried one set of composites and just did not care for them.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
kawkaw wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:
photo

nice upgrade man. how are the shifts under pressure/uphill?a long term review would be good on these
I haven’t put it to the test yet . But Shifts real smooth and was easy to set up .

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
Chain and cassette geometry is the same between mechanical and electronic. The shifting is no different, in essence, only the ergonomics and thumb feel. AXS offers nothing from a performance standpoint per say, it's just lighter and super neat.

Still waiting for mine to show up. Think I'm a few weeks out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017516
Mobile Version of Website