show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
sasso90 wrote:

niiiice Nomad, i got exactly the same color and going mullet this weekend
That's a great inspirational "get out 'n ride" photo! Should be on the PinkBike calendar.

~JSV

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
DAYUM that megatower is sick

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
New wheels going on the Tallboy

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
17 Higbtower: 140 flip chip in low vs. 150 flip chip in high.

Differences?

I have a 150 36 on it now and like, but may turn it into a lighter alternative to my HTLT. They are too similar right now.

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
Mountain creek bike park

Got some nice sticky dirt at mountain creek today. Snapped the chain on my nomad yesterday so I took the 5010, I forgot how fun this bike is

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 16:46 Quote
gmoss wrote:
17 Higbtower: 140 flip chip in low vs. 150 flip chip in high.

Differences?

I have a 150 36 on it now and like, but may turn it into a lighter alternative to my HTLT. They are too similar right now.

I just noticed the factory setting for the HT in 17 was low position with a 140/29 wheels. It is in the high pos now with a 150 fork. Safe to assume going to a 140/29 in low will be similar?

NVM, found my answer on the model webpage in the FAQ. didn't answer the seat of pants feel difference, but that may just have to happen to know for sure.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
My 2021 Hightower.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
yfdcap wrote:
My 2021 Hightower.

Super duper build. What wheelset is that?

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 13:33 Quote
Thank you. They are Industry Nine 305 enduros.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 14:53 Quote

2021 Hightower (Large)
Pike Ultimate fork
Vorsprung treated Rockshox
IndustryNine 305 Enduro wheels
XX1 AXS shifting
XX1 Crankset
XX1 cassette
XX1 chain
AXS dropper
Sram G2 RSC brakes
Enve M7 bars
I9 , 50mm stem
Chris King headset
Ergon grips and seat
Crank Bros stamp 11 pedals (still trying to get used to flats again after many, many, years of clipless)

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
@yfdcap
Damn man that thing is ALL hooked-up! XX1, AXS, nice PIKEs, the works, right down to the wheels n hubs n cassette, you must be psyched over that. Love it, love Santa Cruz frames. That's awesome

You're gonna' tear SH*T UP on the trails w/that thing. Get any 'test' ride in yet, feel out the suspension, how is it?

~JSV

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
@yfdcap
Damn man that thing is ALL hooked-up! XX1, AXS, nice PIKEs, the works, right down to the wheels n hubs n cassette, you must be psyched over that. Love it, love Santa Cruz frames. That's awesome

You're gonna' tear SH*T UP on the trails w/that thing. Get any 'test' ride in yet, feel out the suspension, how is it?

~JSV
Thanks. Only a couple mild rides so far. Just getting back after almost two year lay off. Neck surgery. I am fat and slow right now. So far the bike is pretty sweet. Still dialing suspension. Just put the Pike on. Had a yari with the charger kit installed on it. I have always liked Pikes though. My go to fork. Stuff around here is mostly rock gardens and small drops. Should get out this week with the new fork. The rear shock is very nice so far. Bought it from another rider in the classified. He was same weight and rides same terrain (actually only lives three hours from me). Small world.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
yfdcap wrote:
My 2021 Hightower.

Nice! The fork goes really well with that frame. I ordered the silver Pike with my custom Tallboy build intending to get the Stormbringer purple frame... well they only had yellow left. Silver and yellow is not the best combo.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
Quote]

Nice! The fork goes really well with that frame. I ordered the silver Pike with my custom Tallboy build intending to get the Stormbringer purple frame... well they only had yellow left. Silver and yellow is not the best combo.[/Quote]

I do love that purple. Was on the hunt for one myself. The yellow and silver could be good with lots of black on it. Maybe tanwalls also. I can see it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009193
Mobile Version of Website