PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 3:18 Quote
suprapaul1 wrote:
christiaan wrote:
suprapaul1 wrote:
New livery curtesy of slik graphics
New livery curtesy of slik graphics
Took the plunge to buy a 2021 Santa Cruz hightower after selling my Supra. I absolutely love it I was a little concerned it was all marketing hype, but having ridden it a few times it certainly isn't just hype.

Supra? Toyota?
Aye had it for 12 years was a divorce present but felt time to sell as just didn't use it

not a MK4?

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 4:19 Quote
christiaan wrote:
suprapaul1 wrote:
christiaan wrote:

Supra? Toyota?
Aye had it for 12 years was a divorce present but felt time to sell as just didn't use it

not a MK4?
It was indeed a 1996 face-lift TT manual

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 8:13 Quote
https://i.postimg.cc/tTxz0CY9/IMG-9619.jpg

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 12:58 Quote

2021 Limited Colorway Bronson X01
MegNeg & Cascade Link

**I am having a hell of a time getting the rear dialed in. I have tried a number of different bands and spacers and it just feels off. I am really thinking of going coil - Storia or Fox because I do ride a fair share of bike park and steep enduro tracks here in Northern Vermont. Can anyone point me in the right direction with the Meg & Cascade set up...just feel like I have way too much PSI in there to achieve sag (265-275 psi for 185 lb rider) and also getting more pedal strikes. It just feels off to me...I am the first to admit that I have a hard time wrapping my head around all the suspension variations. I just want it supple off the top, good mid stroke and no bottom out - I think I have tinkered too much, which is why I might just go coil and forget it. I ride fast, hard, chunky terrain, drops to flat, bike park and some flow trails as well. Thanks bike community - you are all the best!!

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
I just set up the super deluxe on my hightower. I am the same weight as you and get about 25% to 30% sag at 230 psi with 2.5 volume spacers. I ride the gnarly north east stuff all the time. I haven't hit any bigger features yet because I just got the frame built but so far the rear end feels nice and plush over the fast chunky stuff. I've hit a few smaller 4-5 foot step downs we have built in my local woods and they travel ring is still about 1/3 of an inch from bottom out.

I have a buddy with a bronson. He's around 210 pounds and said he couldn't get the megneg and cascade link to feel right.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
I just set up the super deluxe on my hightower. I am the same weight as you and get about 25% to 30% sag at 230 psi with 2.5 volume spacers. I ride the gnarly north east stuff all the time. I haven't hit any bigger features yet because I just got the frame built but so far the rear end feels nice and plush over the fast chunky stuff. I've hit a few smaller 4-5 foot step downs we have built in my local woods and they travel ring is still about 1/3 of an inch from bottom out.

I have a buddy with a bronson. He's around 210 pounds and said he couldn't get the megneg and cascade link to feel right.

Yeah, I am not sure they play well together - maybe too progressive.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
godzilla78 wrote:

2021 Limited Colorway Bronson X01
MegNeg & Cascade Link

**I am having a hell of a time getting the rear dialed in. I have tried a number of different bands and spacers and it just feels off. I am really thinking of going coil - Storia or Fox because I do ride a fair share of bike park and steep enduro tracks here in Northern Vermont. Can anyone point me in the right direction with the Meg & Cascade set up...just feel like I have way too much PSI in there to achieve sag (265-275 psi for 185 lb rider) and also getting more pedal strikes. It just feels off to me...I am the first to admit that I have a hard time wrapping my head around all the suspension variations. I just want it supple off the top, good mid stroke and no bottom out - I think I have tinkered too much, which is why I might just go coil and forget it. I ride fast, hard, chunky terrain, drops to flat, bike park and some flow trails as well. Thanks bike community - you are all the best!!

I thought the Bronson didn’t fit a coil in the tunnel?

Try the cascade link without the megneg first.

I have a cascade link on my nomad and it’s awesome. Always only change 1 variable at a time. Otherwise you won’t know what is working and what isn’t.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
Here's my Chameleon. Love this thing so far.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 14:20 Quote

A weird experiment with a Boxxer.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
mafflin wrote:

A weird experiment with a Boxxer.

with a cascade link?

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
sasso90 wrote:
with a cascade link?
No, it's an original one. And the Boxxer is 180mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016326
Mobile Version of Website