show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
Airbound378 wrote:
I got a 2021 SC V10 added gold highlights on it, rode it for about 2 months and now I'm selling it cause it's to small for me. Such a rad bike!

What size did you get and how tall are you? I ordered a medium and I’m 5’8”. I prefer a playful and responsive bike and currently ride a medium 2021 Hightower. The geo on the large V10 seems a bit big for my preference, but I’ve had a few people tell me to try it.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 13:01 Quote
I'm 5'11 still growing too so that's why I got a large and I'm currently trying to sell my medium, also hoping to get a 5010 soon aswell.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Hello bikers,
I've owned my V4 Nomad for 3 years , have a chance to get into a new frame now. Kind debating between the new Bronson and Nomad V5. I live in Vancouver BC, I like my Nomad a lot, but I did have a lot moments that I wish I had bigger wheels for the local trails here. More techy trails here instead of wide open fast, steep trails. I ride WBP few times a year, I guess the Bronson can handle most of the trails there just fine? After I reading few reviews, my understanding is this mullet set up will be better on rough stuff better than the Nomad ,even with less travel? ( not fully commit to full 29er bikes yet, this Mix wheels sounds good to me) Please let me know what you think or what's your experience been like.
Thank you.

Sean

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
go full 29er. It's so much better.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 7:45 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Welp, looks like I have to say goodbye to my HTLT. Never liked the matte finish, but luved the way it rode. I have it blown apart right now, doing a refresh on it, including new Invisiframe, bearings, cleaning of all parts when I noticed a separation at the BB. Hopefully, a new one is as much fun as this one is. Just wish I had found this prior to installing 3/4 of the Invisiframe. LOL

Hey dude king time no see! I ended up going to the Pivot Switchblade and it not sure I’ll ever change lol. The bike is damn near perfect. If you ever wanna give her a ride lemme know

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 15:59 Quote
Hey bud. SC is sending me a new HT frame. I was looking at adding a short travel bike and rode a Pivot 120mm, don't remember the model, but it did not feel right to me. Pedaled firm, but was also firmer on descent, than the Tallboy. Really hate I had issue with the LT because it is a hoot to ride.

Need to get out this way and ride. ; )

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
DK00 wrote:
Hello bikers,
I've owned my V4 Nomad for 3 years , have a chance to get into a new frame now. Kind debating between the new Bronson and Nomad V5. I live in Vancouver BC, I like my Nomad a lot, but I did have a lot moments that I wish I had bigger wheels for the local trails here. More techy trails here instead of wide open fast, steep trails. I ride WBP few times a year, I guess the Bronson can handle most of the trails there just fine? After I reading few reviews, my understanding is this mullet set up will be better on rough stuff better than the Nomad ,even with less travel? ( not fully commit to full 29er bikes yet, this Mix wheels sounds good to me) Please let me know what you think or what's your experience been like.
Thank you.

Sean
Personal I like Mullets better

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
HTLT got replaced under warranty. New HT below.

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
How do you like the float X?

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 14:34 Quote
I did not really get to ride the new HT without it, but from what I can tell, it is amazing. I am also using thr RWC bushings and rear bearing. The knobs having numbers on them now is great. I used to always ride in the mid firmness for Comp on the HTLT with the DPX2, which this shock doesn't have, and not missing it. Pedals very well, great small bump compliance. Don't even notice the small roots and rocks in the saddle, and no harsh or firm spots in the travel that I used to have with the old bike. It is just a stable rear end that allows me to choose a line and go. Very impressed. I know some characteristics are associated with the lower link, but the combo is very good.

I was told this bike would not be as playful or nimble as my LT, and I am not seeing that at all. Weighs 31 lbs as it sits.

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 16:24 Quote
gmoss wrote:
HTLT got replaced under warranty. New HT below.

Did you get those bolts from Better Bolts?

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 17:08 Quote
now in my 4th season on this HTLT build, still going strong.

2019 sc htlt cc

Posted: Mar 12, 2022 at 17:20 Quote
Like that color. Almost looked at selling my blue and picking up that color. Warranty took care of that though. Haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011884
Mobile Version of Website