show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Author Message
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
fresh 2022 new nomad frame with my old components

might be adding a 38 up front as next mod



Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 8:53 Quote

LOOK! Yet another SC frame with Fox suspension, AXS parts, and Maxxis tires. How unique...

Just built it yesterday, snapped a couple of night pics. Custom decals ordered for the downtube because the peachy orange does NOT match the Fox orange. And of course, Fox kashima does not match either as expected. Madder

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Ubiquitous
Blank Stare

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 20:43 Quote
Old School but still kewl!
Santacruz Heckler 5 with modern parts.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
sasso90 wrote:
fresh 2022 new nomad frame with my old components

might be adding a 38 up front as next mod



Nice bike. Saw a green nomad at Leogang WC amongst a sea of black/dark colored bikes, this color looks so much better in person and matches the Nomad's characteristics.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
How are the titanium cranks treating you?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Price aside, pretty hard to fault them in any way. Strong, stiff, have crashed them pretty badly and still rockin', and they're great lookin!

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 13:25 Quote
Yea the price was a big turn off but understandable. Have you played with them in colder weather? That was another thing that I was worried about as I heard titanium was known to crack in the cold. Also how did they handle crashing as far as scratching or denting?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
Haven't ridden the bike in anything under about 5c, so really can't say there.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Yea the price was a big turn off but understandable. Have you played with them in colder weather? That was another thing that I was worried about as I heard titanium was known to crack in the cold. Also how did they handle crashing as far as scratching or denting?

Ridden mine in below zero temps, no problems so far.

They do scratch, got som deeper scratches on mine, too lazy to get scotch pad to buff.

I know of a guy in Germany who bent the pedal threads(pedal not straight in pedal anymorw) in a weird crash

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
christiaan wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Yea the price was a big turn off but understandable. Have you played with them in colder weather? That was another thing that I was worried about as I heard titanium was known to crack in the cold. Also how did they handle crashing as far as scratching or denting?

Ridden mine in below zero temps, no problems so far.

They do scratch, got som deeper scratches on mine, too lazy to get scotch pad to buff.

I know of a guy in Germany who bent the pedal threads(pedal not straight in pedal anymorw) in a weird crash

Thank you, good to know about them holding up in cold weather riding. If it took a weird crash to bend them then hey I’m fine with that cause a weird crash could easily crack my carbon fiber ones.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:53 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Price aside, pretty hard to fault them in any way. Strong, stiff, have crashed them pretty badly and still rockin', and they're great lookin!
So it's like an slx.


Kidding tho, i'd love to have that much bikemoney to spend on bling.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014302
Mobile Version of Website