show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 14:57 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Yea the price was a big turn off but understandable. Have you played with them in colder weather? That was another thing that I was worried about as I heard titanium was known to crack in the cold. Also how did they handle crashing as far as scratching or denting?

Used to cast titanium as dental technician. That thing would definetely not crack in any earthly temperature.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
moferenc wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Yea the price was a big turn off but understandable. Have you played with them in colder weather? That was another thing that I was worried about as I heard titanium was known to crack in the cold. Also how did they handle crashing as far as scratching or denting?

Used to cast titanium as dental technician. That thing would definetely not crack in any earthly temperature.

Maybe it depends on the purity of your titanium? I thought I had read years ago That titanium was failing with something called cold creep or Sustained load cracking. Pretty much every bolt on my bike is titanium and I haven’t had any failures yet and don’t ride that bike in the winter but my morning rides are definitely in the -6°C some days.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 15:21 Quote
moferenc wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Price aside, pretty hard to fault them in any way. Strong, stiff, have crashed them pretty badly and still rockin', and they're great lookin!
So it's like an slx.

Kidding tho, i'd love to have that much bikemoney to spend on bling.

Half the weight or something like that, for whatever the fuck that matters.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
photo

I've ridden my eeWings in below freezing temps, and scraped them on some sharp rocks. I DH on them too. These cranks are worth the price of admission.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 16:45 Quote
fredro wrote:
I've ridden my eeWings in below freezing temps, and scraped them on some sharp rocks. I DH on them too. These cranks are worth the price of admission.

Sounds like a win to me.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 0:06 Quote
fredro wrote:
photo

Man I wish my MT2 frame would arrive soon! I want it/need it!

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
Out for a quick afternoon rip dodging thunderstorms.
photo

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
Santa Cruz 5010 C 2022 MX configuration
Santa Cruz 5010 C / mullet conversion

Freshie 5010
29" 130mm / 27.5 130mm
Perfectly balanced

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 18:18 Quote
That looks pretty sick

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 5:37 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
That looks pretty sick
Thanks. It rides great too.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
sasso90 wrote:
fresh 2022 new nomad frame with my old components

might be adding a 38 up front as next mod

photo

photo

Running it mullet or 27 27

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 9:10 Quote
kawkaw wrote:
sasso90 wrote:
fresh 2022 new nomad frame with my old components

might be adding a 38 up front as next mod

photo

photo

Nice bike. Saw a green nomad at Leogang WC amongst a sea of black/dark colored bikes, this color looks so much better in person and matches the Nomad's characteristics.

Yeah it looks way better in person

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 5:40 Quote
This bike inspires confidence.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020010
Mobile Version of Website