Capital Punishment: Yay or Nay?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Capital Punishment: Yay or Nay?
Posted: Nov 21, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
harriieee wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
No one person can make that judgement but I'm sure society as a whole would call murder evil...

When you call something evil, you cease to try to understand it. It's just wrong. Maybe you can call the abstract noun of 'murder' as a whole 'evil', but it all has reasons. I'd agree that 'murder' is evil, but I wouldn't say that individual 'murderers' are. There are reasons for things.

I agree... the guy who got into a fight and took things too far isn't evil... I'm sure he feels remorse... However I would argue (as I think any sane person would) that someone who has premeditated murder and shows no sense of remorse is evil... Sure they may have been abused as a kid but their actions are still of evil intent...

Posted: Nov 21, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
ye. although it might be classed as revenge but i know that when this person gets exectued another family wont have to suffer. of course. you cant also guarantee you have the right person but i think if the government was harder on terrorism and murder (not 20 years!) people might take the law more serious. i can see why people say no but if you think this way, if your mum was killed, the murderer planned it out for years and the police KNEW it was the right guy, would you want him in jail livin it up, eatin good food or knowing he was going to get justice and would not commit any crime again or hurt anyone EVER.

just my opinion

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
nay.

isn't it worse punishment to lock a guy up for the rest of his life...

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
nay.

It is but murderers often get out of jail at sometime...

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
nay.

To me someone who consistently commits a crime, and doesn't believe that they are guilty and shows no remorse should be locked up for life. Someone who has had severe mental illness, left untreated, causing them to murder someone, but show grief, guilt, and remorse should be treated and let go after x number of years

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 2:25 Quote
Yay, it's simple. You take a life, you don't deserve to live.

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 2:27 Quote
Also, Canada's justice system is a massive joke.

ledzeppie wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
nay.

To me someone who consistently commits a crime, and doesn't believe that they are guilty and shows no remorse should be locked up for life. Someone who has had severe mental illness, left untreated, causing them to murder someone, but show grief, guilt, and remorse should be treated and let go after x number of years

You do realize that you are paying for that criminal out of your own pocket, right?

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 11:51 Quote
you do realize it actually takes more money to execute someone than it does to lock them up for life right?

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
It's true man. Sad, but true. All those trials, and investigations cost millions.

If it were up to me, I would keep it simple. If I knew someone committed a crime, I'd just take them out back. one gun, one bullet, Old Yeller style.

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
It's true man. Sad, but true. All those trials, and investigations cost millions.

If it were up to me, I would keep it simple. If I knew someone committed a crime, I'd just take them out back. one gun, one bullet, Old Yeller style.

No you wouldn't. Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:

but we'd be able to find someone...

The fact is the court system is a joke... Like just mentioned if you are caught red handed there should be one trial the next day to hear your sentence... Not years and years of money wasted on defense attorneys and multiple juries and appeals... Its retarded...

Send them to Judge Judy... She'll get her sentencing done in ten minutes... Wink

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 15:49 Quote
then again you have to be pretty damn sure you have the right guy. But yeah, if they're caught red handed, make it quick

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 0:43 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:

No? Your actually gonna sit behind your computer screen and tell another human being what they would do in a given scenario?

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 0:51 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:

No? Your actually gonna sit behind your computer screen and tell another human being what they would do in a given scenario?

Yes.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 1:04 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:

You can't even get your your/you'res right, so calm down. once you learn grammar, then you can go back to being the internet tought guy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021377
Mobile Version of Website