Totem SoloAir

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 1:46 Quote
I recently bought a used RS Totem SoloAir at amazing price off of a friend, but there are a few things about it.

Neither the floodgate or the LSC makes any noticeable difference in the suspension, although the rebound works. And I can't turn the HSC with my hands (my friends says it takes big honkin' pliers), so I dont know if it makes any difference or not because I dont have my pliers here at school.

Has any one else had these problems? Is there a way to fix it?

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 7:00 Quote
you should not be using pliers on the Totem's Mission Control adjusters Frown

it probably need a proper service, and if the Mission Control damper has become damaged, damper needs replacement (ask your friend to have this done if the fork is less than 2 years old, as its not cheap if out of warranty)

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
klopp wrote:
I recently bought a used RS Totem SoloAir at amazing price off of a friend, but there are a few things about it.

Neither the floodgate or the LSC makes any noticeable difference in the suspension, although the rebound works. And I can't turn the HSC with my hands (my friends says it takes big honkin' pliers), so I dont know if it makes any difference or not because I dont have my pliers here at school.

Has any one else had these problems? Is there a way to fix it?
ya, it should not take pliers to spin the mission control. i have the same fork, and all it takes is a little twist of the fingers. ship that thing off to rockshock, and beat some sense into your friend.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
alright. so most likely it needs a rebuild on the mission control? i watched a sram video on youtube last night about how to disassemble it and i have a fair amount of mechanical know-how, so I think I can rebuild it myself (and there are parts kits for it available online). the fork was just rebuilt tho with new seals and all, so i would have thought they would have checked the damper and make sure it was in good shape.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
if you think you can rebuild it...good luck to you, and god bless you Wink

here is a Mission control damper (from a Lyric) that I took apart - I had to break the damper to actually strip it down, it was broken anyhow and I was interested to see what was going on inside - there are a few parts missing from this picture

photo

whenever we have sent broken forks back to the UK distrib. they have dumped the damper and replaced with a new damper under warranty, their techs. have told me its cheaper (in terms of time / spare parts) and much easier to replace than attempt to rebuild

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
alright i will definitely pursue that angle in trying to fix it.

But in the mean time, I want to pursue another angle in case that one doesn't work out so well. I was thinking that maybe it was low on damper fluid and I did check out the videos on the sram site. I do still have a few questions for when I tear it apart.

1. Can I take out the mission control damper without dropping the lowers?
2. Is the damper fluid the same as the lubrication fluid (15 wt rockshox/sram performance oil)?

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
1. Yes.
2. No. It will be 137cc of 5wt.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009663
Mobile Version of Website