How to build large freeride jumps with minimal dirt

PB Forum :: Trail Building
How to build large freeride jumps with minimal dirt
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
How to build large free ride jumps with minimal dirt? Our trail has just been flattened again third time in three years. Starting to clear out for rebuild. What's the easiest and fastest way to build takeoffs? I'm thinking about the best way to stack logs. No more 6ft wide take offs it's just going to be narrower booters. also is the easiest way to build a drop to dig into the hillside? rather than build a flat lip? I know this topic has been covered but i want some good straight answers. Cheers

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 14:44 Quote
sounds like you need a new location. from exprience dont use logs cos they make it so much easier to destroy jumps

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
minty23 wrote:
sounds like you need a new location. from exprience dont use logs cos they make it so much easier to destroy jumps

I just want something built quickly. It'll probably be a while before it's knocked down again because they have to get a digger in. They rip up anything. Whether it's built with logs showing hidden logs rocks or even just soil. They even ripped up rock gardens and berms

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
Have a look at Cam McCauls Freeridey section in NWD 9 - I think - the jumps there are sick and are probably pretty quick to build if you have wood!

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 9:34 Quote
Use empty nylon sacs and fill them with dirt, them put a bit of dirt. For the lip!!!

bump

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009660
Mobile Version of Website