Which street frame is the lightest

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Which street frame is the lightest
Author Message
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
hey guys, post those 2009 suburbans and broken 08s!

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 7:01 Quote
http://www.truveo.com/ns-suburban-24-kaputt/id/533791386

I dunno if that's a video of kicking the TT out, or if the guys bike actually cracked and he just felt like finishing the job. If he purposely broke the frame, i would love to kick his face in. I can't even afford a new bike and he just goes and breaks this one. At the very least, break it riding...

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
Wink 2009 ns range

Suburban 24″/26″

* Chainstays: 375mm ( 24") 381mm (26")
* Toptube: 553mm (24") 571mm (26")
* Weight: 2.4 kg (24") 2.5 kg (26")
* Integrated Seatpost Clamp! *NEW*
* 27.2 Seatpost
* Euro BB
* Colors:White, green, grey, Black
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://gewichtsfetischisten.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/suburban.jpg
Majesty [Trailmaster] for 26" wheels

* Chainstay: 380mm
* Toptube: 571mm (22.5")
* Weight: 2.2kg
* Spacing: 135mm MTB std.
* Seatpost Clamp: integrated
* 27.2 Seatpost
* BB: Spanish BB
* Wärmebehandelte Ausfallenden
* Corlors: Black, White, gold, lightblue
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://gewichtsfetischisten.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/majesty21.jpg
Capital

Chainstay length: 364mm
Toptube length: 546mm
Weight: 2.09kg @!!!!
Heat treated full frame
Headset: integrated
Spanish BB
Integrated seatpost clump
with fork 430 mm , can do doublepeg
Colors: black, medigreen, bronze

so basically a stronger capital with new colours
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://vvcforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/capital1.jpg
Translated from google:

The Polish company, which this year is experiencing its largest year probably has the time and surprised with a completely new framework and small, especially desired improvements in the Suburban.

While the mandatory change does not paint extra has to be mentioned in the geometry a little thing and the wheel now appears based on the data even more active… on the thumb is a little shorter.

This more Street Oriented geometry, there is now a pure all-round or even under the Dirt with his 2.2kg really auftrumpfen. In addition, also an integrated tax rate, which in the previous year, the Suburban was expected and the smart decision, the Spanish BB stable to use.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
doubledeuce wrote:
http://www.truveo.com/ns-suburban-24-kaputt/id/533791386

I dunno if that's a video of kicking the TT out, or if the guys bike actually cracked and he just felt like finishing the job. If he purposely broke the frame, i would love to kick his face in. I can't even afford a new bike and he just goes and breaks this one. At the very least, break it riding...

Also, while he's throwing that bike on the ground, who knows how many other things he's breaking? Pedal bearings? Cranks?

Idiot.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
wow those new NS look sick!!!! and i just ordered my 08 capital too. ha ha
its ok though. i don't think i would trust a street frame like the capital to weigh 4.61 pounds. this years are close to 5.3 i think is plenty light for me. i kind of doubt they actually weigh that little cause thats less then the superco satellite and looks alot beefier.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
how heavy is an ns b!tch

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
doubledeuce wrote:
http://www.truveo.com/ns-suburban-24-kaputt/id/533791386

I dunno if that's a video of kicking the TT out, or if the guys bike actually cracked and he just felt like finishing the job. If he purposely broke the frame, i would love to kick his face in. I can't even afford a new bike and he just goes and breaks this one. At the very least, break it riding...

Also, while he's throwing that bike on the ground, who knows how many other things he's breaking? Pedal bearings? Cranks?

Idiot.

Exactly, I didn't see the need to smash it to the ground...there go some drivetrain parts.... I mean bikes are tough, but not meant to be slammed sideway onto pavements.

PS if you guys, want I can translate any of that stuff about NS bikes if its only in Polish, and the google translation messes it up. (although i think the post with the photos up there was orignally in German)

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
Dumb folks at ns need to sort it out, id get a 26" suburban but there dumb and wont make it with a spanish bb.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
I don't know about you guys...but I seriously can't see a mountain bike as being a "street" bike. Especially not 26"...I'd call those DIRT JUMPING bikes.

This is my idea of a real street frame :
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.inspiredbicycles.com/images/fourplay_black1.jpg1040 wheelbase, 73 degree head angle, 385 chainstays, 4.5 lbs.

Looks like this when built...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.inspiredbicycles.com/images/felixbike1.jpg
and rides like...

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
I don't know about you guys...but I seriously can't see a mountain bike as being a "street" bike. Especially not 26"...I'd call those DIRT JUMPING bikes.

I don't know about you guys...but I seriously can't see a trials bike as being a "street" bike. Especially with those little wheels...I'd call those TRIALS bikes.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
your joking right? thats trials riding

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:54 Quote
bigquotesI don't know about you guys...but I seriously can't see a trials bike as being a "street" bike. Especially with those little wheels...I'd call those TRIALS bikes.
That's not a trials bike Razz and those are 24" wheels.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:56 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
bigquotesI don't know about you guys...but I seriously can't see a trials bike as being a "street" bike. Especially with those little wheels...I'd call those TRIALS bikes.
That's not a trials bike Razz and those are 24" wheels.

norco makes 24" trials bikes, and people use 24" on ellsworth specialist frames to do trials. even if the frame was not intended to be one it is set up like one and the guy riding it is doing trials riding

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
bigquotesnorco makes 24" trials bikes, and people use 24" on ellsworth specialist frames to do trials. even if the frame was not intended to be one it is set up like one and the guy riding it is doing trials riding
Norco has NEVER made a 24" trials bike.

I don't see him doing "trials" in that video, that looks like street with some trials moves. Still street.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
bigquotesnorco makes 24" trials bikes, and people use 24" on ellsworth specialist frames to do trials. even if the frame was not intended to be one it is set up like one and the guy riding it is doing trials riding
Norco has NEVER made a 24" trials bike.

I don't see him doing "trials" in that video, that looks like street with some trials moves. Still street.

i might be wrong, they could be 26's it didn't say on the site, regardless its not 20's
http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/trials/evolve.php


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012114
Mobile Version of Website