Evil Revolt Cracking Issues

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Evil Revolt Cracking Issues
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
hey guys, im looking at getting a evil revolt frame but am slightly put of by what iv been hearing about the front triangle cracking and the pivots snapping, iv heard they have sorted these issues with the mk 2 model which as far as i can tell just has extra bracing where the top tube meets the seat tube. dose any1 know if these problems have been sorted on the mk 2 version? thanks in advance

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
alot of people have also heard about these issues, but I have no first hand experience of the frame

I talked to one of the first owners here in the UK of the Revolt frame, and he was having major problems setting up his rear suspension to be consistent on different terrain

I've not spoken to him since then, so no idea if he experienced any problems with frame or link failure

something to bear in mind with all of the virtual pivot designs using "short links" is that there is a HUGE amount of pressure on the links when the frame bottoms out in its travel - I have heard quotes from design engineers who have worked on these types of frames, of anything between 1-2 TONNES of pressure on the lower link

so I would not be surprised if problems arose, if the link is not 100% right in design or manufacturing!

as with any "new" production products (not just bikes, but automobiles, computers, games consoles, cell phones) its often a smart move to wait a while and let the "bugs" be ironed out by 'early adopters'

definitely worth checking out the warranty terms of the Evil frame if you like it and want one, to make sure they will cover you if problems occur during ownership

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
Hi, i own a revolt and know another three owners and none of us have broken ours yet. I have spoken to one person on here who broke their shock mounting bolts wich dented the frame and this was replaced under warranty. I have heard the guys at evil will do everything they can to sort you out asap should you have a problem. The warranty is 2 years from purchase if you dont brake it in two years then you probably never will.

As for the rumours of bucking and unpredictable handling then i can honestly say i cant get my head round it. The frame rides amazing, mines felt quality straight out the box. It almost speed up over the rough stuff. My mate who rides about the same standard as me was following me on a run and on the sections where we couldnt pedal i was leaving him for dust.

Like with any new potential frame you need to get a decent test ride. I did and ordered one when i got off the hill.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
With such an intricate design such as the delta, its not hard to believe that people are having issues with shock set up. it seems that with Evil quality behind the frame, the massive tubes, and luxurious 7075 aluminum,the frame would have a REALLY hard time even cracking. and if all else fails, warranty baby!

also, with all new companies, pioneering suspension designs, new frames, there's always issues with the first few batches, wait a year, then the frame will seem day and night from the first batch. quality wise.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 22:46 Quote
I have actually never heard of a Revolt cracking/snapping. They seem like a really sturdy frame.

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
I've also heard a lot of speculation - take things you hear on forums with a pinch of salt. I've got a revolt, and am really happy with it. I think it is easy to get the shock setup wrong as the RC4 offers a wide (read unusable) range of adjustment. Follow the reccomended settings (available from the Evil website) and you're onto a winner. The frame rails corners, feels so stable and like Ryan said up there ^ they just seem to accelerate over rough terrain whether you are pedalling or not. In short, the best bike I've ridden, and if you fancy one, don't hesitate about buying it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015616
Mobile Version of Website