Building muscle in general

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Building muscle in general
Author Message
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 at 4:36 Quote
raak wrote:
unfortunately, you need to progressively increase the resistance (the weight) if you want to really build muscle. The body adapts very quickly, and if you just do push ups, or chin ups, you will notice some quick initial improvment, but it will stop very quickly if you're not adding additional weight. The 'do 200 chin ups a day' advice is just horrible. It's a reoccuring answer here whenever anyone asks about muscle: the more is better advice. It's not true that the more you do, the more you get. Your training should be built on quality, not quantity.

Firstly, you need to get some weights (a barbell, dumbells, kettlebells, a big bag of sand, anything which will provide resistance).

Secondly, you need to try out routines, find what works for you, how long you need to recover, when is the best time of the day to train. No one can tell you this, it's something you need to work out for yourself. You have to listen to your body, trail and error. You'll know when it's working because you will feel stronger once you've recovered, lift more/perform better, and of course you'll be getting physically bigger.

Thirdly, eat lots of carbs: they provide you with energy, and if you want to destroy your muscles in an effort to make them grow, you'll need a lot of energy. Try to consume a good amount of healthy fats too (peanut butter, olive oils, nuts, seeds, etc), and lastly, aim for about one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight - but don't even think about the protein until you're stuffing your face with plenty of clean (as clean as they can be) carbs and fats. Oh and water, one of the most anabolic substances available to a person: you efforts will be in vain without at least 3 litres a day.

Lastly, go to a website where people can give you informed advice. Bikers are not generally concerned with building muscle, and therefore are not in a position to give you worthy advice.

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
Ok i got a set of 5 kg weights for christmas that can be changed to different weights upto 10 kg what are some good ways to use them. sorry for sounding like a noob.

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 14:01 Quote
bm-esh wrote:
Ok i got a set of 5 kg weights for christmas that can be changed to different weights upto 10 kg what are some good ways to use them. sorry for sounding like a noob.

check out this dudes videos. by far the best home workout videos i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 17:20 Quote
dmanj wrote:
bm-esh wrote:
Ok i got a set of 5 kg weights for christmas that can be changed to different weights upto 10 kg what are some good ways to use them. sorry for sounding like a noob.

check out this dudes videos. by far the best home workout videos i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961

Scooby is a nublet but he does have decent workouts

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:27 Quote
peejay wrote:
dmanj wrote:
bm-esh wrote:
Ok i got a set of 5 kg weights for christmas that can be changed to different weights upto 10 kg what are some good ways to use them. sorry for sounding like a noob.

check out this dudes videos. by far the best home workout videos i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961

Scooby is a nublet but he does have decent workouts

whats a nublet?

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:54 Quote
dutchster wrote:
peejay wrote:
dmanj wrote:


check out this dudes videos. by far the best home workout videos i have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961

Scooby is a nublet but he does have decent workouts

whats a nublet?
another word for noob

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 22:20 Quote
scooby is no noob. top 5% of people body wise on this continent for sure.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 13:25 Quote
I like the spartan 300 workout the best, i did it today and i can feel the burn straight away, how often should i do this and does anybody have any diet tips, i am 15 years old so yeah i tend to have lots of sweets etc but i am trying to cut them out.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:24 Quote
Any body have any diet tips? would be much appreciated.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:33 Quote
bm-esh wrote:
Any body have any diet tips? would be much appreciated.

start counting calories. figure out how many you need per day. then eat that amount. workout during the week and you should see some weight loss

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:41 Quote
dmanj wrote:
bm-esh wrote:
Any body have any diet tips? would be much appreciated.

start counting calories. figure out how many you need per day. then eat that amount. workout during the week and you should see some weight loss

eat LESS than your

BMR/

IVe also heard alot of good thing about HIIT

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 14:44 Quote
peejay wrote:
dmanj wrote:
bm-esh wrote:
Any body have any diet tips? would be much appreciated.

start counting calories. figure out how many you need per day. then eat that amount. workout during the week and you should see some weight loss

eat LESS than your

BMR/

IVe also heard alot of good thing about HIIT

you dont wanna eat less. you'll just start malnutritioning yourself

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:04 Quote
What are good foods to eat whilst bodybuilding and what are some good ways to loose the fat around the stomach. thanks again guys

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:38 Quote
Here is a typically days nutrition for John Cena:

Breakfast: 8 eggs, 8 whites, two yellows and 100g of oatmeal with applesauce or raisins.

Midmorning snack: protein bar

Lunch: 2 x Chicken Breasts, 100g Brown Rice and veggies

Mid-afternoon snack: Tuna in Wholewheat Pitta Breads

Pre-Post Workout: Whey Protein Shake and a Banana

Dinner: Grilled fish or chicken, brown rice or pasta, vegetables, and salad.

Evening Snack: Casein Protein Shake Protein shake or Low Fat Cottage Cheese Slow Release Proteins)

http://www.sixpacknow.com/john_cena_workout_program.html

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 17:08 Quote
MathiasROlsen wrote:
Here is a typically days nutrition for John Cena:

Breakfast: 8 eggs, 8 whites, two yellows and 100g of oatmeal with applesauce or raisins.

Midmorning snack: protein bar

Lunch: 2 x Chicken Breasts, 100g Brown Rice and veggies

Mid-afternoon snack: Tuna in Wholewheat Pitta Breads

Pre-Post Workout: Whey Protein Shake and a Banana

Dinner: Grilled fish or chicken, brown rice or pasta, vegetables, and salad.

Evening Snack: Casein Protein Shake Protein shake or Low Fat Cottage Cheese Slow Release Proteins)

http://www.sixpacknow.com/john_cena_workout_program.html

Eat like a third of this lol. He's a huge guy and therefore needs huge calories. I'd go over to http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ Losts of people that know there shit over there and threads for everything


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016801
Mobile Version of Website