Powered by Outside

YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 7:25 Quote
stryke wrote:
photo
photo
Ya 8 have heard the 09 tues was prone to cracking but ive seen nothing of any other bikes. If anyone speaks German and is willing to translate the reviews on the website I'd be very appreciative

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 14:51 Quote
QuinBaird wrote:
google translator?
its a PDF image of a review, cant copy the text

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 6:44 Quote
Im german Smile but i cant find the reviews anywhere. I think ill get this bike. Its between this and the 2011 demo8 wich is over double the price.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 7:04 Quote
I found a german bike magazine review on their page.
basically it says:
Because it was so cheap we were ready to forgive some of the flaws. But we didnt need to. The Tues is a really good DH bike with a comfortable geometry, rear-functioning and reliable equipment. you wont get a bike cheaper than this.

The three things id like to know before I buy it are: if the geometry is good, If the frame has a chance of cracking, and weather it rides well.

Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 8:22 Quote
everyone who owns a tues seems to be happy with the bike, but there are at least 6 guys who snapped their chainstay in a german forum. they all got the rear triangle replaced more or less quickly.

i know a guy who got the yt play and now he spends more time at the lbs than on the trails and parks. as soon one thing gets repaired, another part breaks.

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 9:47 Quote
Frostypeak wrote:
everyone who owns a tues seems to be happy with the bike, but there are at least 6 guys who snapped their chainstay in a german forum. they all got the rear triangle replaced more or less quickly.

i know a guy who got the yt play and now he spends more time at the lbs than on the trails and parks. as soon one thing gets repaired, another part breaks.
what parts brakes down? i mean, most components are from big brans (reffering to like rock shox, SRAM, truvativ, avid etc).

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 11:17 Quote
ksmb wrote:
Frostypeak wrote:

what parts brakes down? i mean, most components are from big brans (reffering to like rock shox, SRAM, truvativ, avid etc).

the last time i heard from him, he was having trouble with his headtube. not sure what exactly it was.
i think the bike was poorly assembled when he got it, so stuff came loose or just fell off while riding

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 12:22 Quote
Frostypeak wrote:
ksmb wrote:
Frostypeak wrote:

the last time i heard from him, he was having trouble with his headtube. not sure what exactly it was.
i think the bike was poorly assembled when he got it, so stuff came loose or just fell off while riding
that's a shame, i'm thinking of buying one in the summer. if i do, sounds like i have to tighten the shizzle up every now and then in the beginning.

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 12:28 Quote
ksmb wrote:
Frostypeak wrote:
ksmb wrote:

that's a shame, i'm thinking of buying one in the summer. if i do, sounds like i have to tighten the shizzle up every now and then in the beginning.
Hey man, i was looking at the YT's earlier too but now im going to get a Canyon instead, im getting their All Mountain Strive model but their DH bike, the Torque looks immense! http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2095 Have a look

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 13:39 Quote
Daire wrote:
ksmb wrote:
Frostypeak wrote:

Hey man, i was looking at the YT's earlier too but now im going to get a Canyon instead, im getting their All Mountain Strive model but their DH bike, the Torque looks immense! http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2095 Have a look

the torque has a pretty linear leverage ratio... some people truly love it for dh racing, but if you're more into drops and stuff, you'll probably have to run it a little bit oversprung.
a few of my buddies have a torque and these f*ckers bottom out constantly.

Posted: May 17, 2011 at 4:09 Quote
I ordered my YT tues FR in february and it should be deliverd half of april. Half of april I received a mail from YT with the notification that the bikes will be deliverd with a delay of a few weeks to propably the end of april. I asked if that would be the only delay, or that I could expect some additional delays. They told me that this was it and no other delay would occur.
At the end of april I hadn't heard anything from them and I contacted them by phone and they told me that it would take another 2,5 weeks to be delivered. After these 2,5 weeks I contacted them, and again they told me it would take another 3 weeks to be delivered.I hope this time it will be it.

Bottomline: Ordered my bike on february 14th, Bike will probably delivered about 6th of june. 16 weeks from the day of ordering to the day of (probably) delivery date. Not amused, I would recommend buying something like a Kona operator. Same price and comparable configuration.

Besides that, they can't deliver to every country. I had to ask a friend of mine in Belgium to collect the bike because they could not send it to Holland. So when the bike will be delivered I have to go to Belgium to finally collect it.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 2:36 Quote
so has your tues arrived yet?

Posted: Jul 24, 2011 at 16:33 Quote
my mate has a tues and it is really good bike it just flys over everything his came like in 3 weeks of ordering or something it has amaazing parts for the money my recommendation is if u live in the uk get one really good bikes and light too

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 3:16 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
so has your tues arrived yet?

Yes, tues has arrived a while ago. It took over 3 months in the end. A bit too long in my opinion, but the bike is really O.K.! Especially for the price.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014098
Mobile Version of Website