YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
I got a Tues AL a few months ago. Has a Boxxer RC and Kage RC. Suspension felt fine to me, but my friend talked me into putting a charger damper in the Boxxer. It makes a huge difference. Charger damper feels amazing. I can get a Vivid for pretty cheap. Would it be worth the upgrade from the Kage to a Vivid?

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 11:52 Quote
Hi, I bought a short time ago yt tues comp cf 2016, driven a few times by bike. For some bow in the vicinity of the headset is a sad voice, Is the other had similar symptoms of carbon fiber in the body?

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 12:29 Quote
dunger wrote:
I got a Tues AL a few months ago. Has a Boxxer RC and Kage RC. Suspension felt fine to me, but my friend talked me into putting a charger damper in the Boxxer. It makes a huge difference. Charger damper feels amazing. I can get a Vivid for pretty cheap. Would it be worth the upgrade from the Kage to a Vivid?
Definitely. The Vivid has much more regulations than the Kage. (It depends on year/model of the Vivid) If you can get one for cheap, go for it. My Tues Al came with the same components and I managed to get the Charger Damper in the Boxxer as you did. Such a great difference.. I wish I could get that air cartridge to make it a WC.. That would be even sicker..

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 12:32 Quote
Paking wrote:
dunger wrote:
Definitely. The Vivid has much more regulations than the Kage. (It depends on year/model of the Vivid) If you can get one for cheap, go for it. My Tues Al came with the same components and I managed to get the Charger Damper in the Boxxer as you did. Such a great difference.. I wish I could get that air cartridge to make it a WC.. That would be even sicker..

Agree. You will see near the same improvement you found with the Charger damper upgrade

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
Great, thanks. Its a brand new Vivid. I will go ahead and get it.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 14:06 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Paking wrote:
dunger wrote:

Agree. You will see near the same improvement you found with the Charger damper upgrade

Your can. I converted my Team to a WC. €150 from the Germans. You have to do it before you ride the fork or you risk scratching the inside of the stancions with the coil which would stop the air Spring sealing.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 14:17 Quote
Mega-Man wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Paking wrote:

Your can. I converted my Team to a WC. €150 from the Germans. You have to do it before you ride the fork or you risk scratching the inside of the stancions with the coil which would stop the air Spring sealing.
Can someone else verify if this is true? I've heard of people swapping the coil for the air spring after being ridden, but never about this trouble if it's already been used. I've definitely ridden mine, but I know I'm not getting it's true potential with a red coil and me weighing at 130lbs. I've never used all it's travel. I tried swapping to yellow for a lighter coil, but I did't like the feel of it..

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 14:30 Quote
Rode mine about 20 times before converting to air. No issues running it now. Need to check the inside of the fork to be certain.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 15:31 Quote
Paking wrote:
Mega-Man wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Can someone else verify if this is true? I've heard of people swapping the coil for the air spring after being ridden, but never about this trouble if it's already been used. I've definitely ridden mine, but I know I'm not getting it's true potential with a red coil and me weighing at 130lbs. I've never used all it's travel. I tried swapping to yellow for a lighter coil, but I did't like the feel of it..

This is true, and if you do the conversion with just the WC air spring you void the warranty of the fork. You can however swap the air cartridge aloing with a new left side stanchion and it's pretty much guaranteed to work and you still can claim on warranties. Will do this myself if I end up getting a CF Comp in a few months.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 5:23 Quote
Hello, looking for some help, I've currently got yt Tues medium and the spring(225 x.3.5) is way to soft, looking for a 300, I've tried tf tuned but none in stock until August! Heading to mozine in July! Does anyone know where else to try?

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 6:15 Quote
crichton78 wrote:
Hello, looking for some help, I've currently got yt Tues medium and the spring(225 x.3.5) is way to soft, looking for a 300, I've tried tf tuned but none in stock until August! Heading to mozine in July! Does anyone know where else to try?

Same issue

Ti springs can get em at the start of july.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 10:30 Quote
Try somewhere like bike discount in Germany, I heard they were cheap and often have stock of steel springs.
I've had a Ti-Springs spring and bearing on order for a while, should be arriving anytime now, can't wait to see what difference it makes.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 10:33 Quote
crichton78 wrote:

I had the same problem looking for a 300 spring. Took me about 3 months to find one. Ended up ordering it on Amazon after trying a bunch of bike shops.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 9:25 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
Paking wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:
Okay my new stanchions finally arrived. Black looked sweet and so nice to have new seals and actually have them serviced.
photo

photo

New stanchions

Yeah mate! That BOS looks way sexier with them black stanchions.. Sick!

Been emailing round the service company's in the UK looking for black stanchions nowhere seems to be able to get a hold of any..are yours bos stanchions??

I have tried can't get hold of them either would be interested to know how much they cost here in the UK. A fortune probably. I have just bought a service kit and some bos fork oil to service my 2015 idylle rare air fcv but can't find anything on oil quantities other than a video on YouTube in French! Any idea anyone?

Should maybe start by reading the manual. It was in there. Ha.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
Paking wrote:
Mega-Man wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Rode my cf comp with team boxxer for around 6 months before converting to solo air, inside of stanchion was as new, no issues at all and a massive performance difference, great being so adjustable.
Kit comes with everything you need apart from oil for the lowers.
http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rock-shox-solo-air-upgrade-kit-boxxer-2011-2014-257219?currency=3&delivery_country=190&gclid=CMKZmJfo-swCFUWNGwodjDkF3A

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016638
Mobile Version of Website