YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 28, 2016 at 6:23 Quote
I read somewhere that the boxxers comes pretty dry for saving in specs, so it's good to service them straight before riding. How about fox 40 on the tues. Should I take it to service before riding much. It wouldn't be a problem because I'm injured right now. Sorry my bad english. Cheers tup

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 6:58 Quote
The fox 36 I bought had correct amount of oil in lowers when new. I dropped the lowers to change the travel.

The Rockshox Boxxer and Pike were both very low on oil in the lowers when new. I dropped the lowers straight from the box and it was a good thing.. A seal on the boxxer was folded in during assembly as well, that would have most likely rubbed the black annodizing off, if I would not have fixed it right away.

Its never a bad idea to check oil in the lowers on a new fork!

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 7:57 Quote
Dirk77 wrote:
The fox 36 I bought had correct amount of oil in lowers when new. I dropped the lowers to change the travel.

The Rockshox Boxxer and Pike were both very low on oil in the lowers when new. I dropped the lowers straight from the box and it was a good thing.. A seal on the boxxer was folded in during assembly as well, that would have most likely rubbed the black annodizing off, if I would not have fixed it right away.

This is what happened on my Boxxer.. Is just changing this oil something anyone can do??

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 8:22 Quote
It's so easy you wouldn't believe.

Remove the rebound adjuster with the small Allen key

Undo both bolts from the bottom of the legs

Thread them back in two or three turns and tap with a mallet to break them free

Remove bolts and pull the lowers off.

Clean out, grease up, slide lowers back on (careful not to pinch the seals)

Slide them almost all the way on

Refill with the correct type and amount of oil through the bottom holes

Push lowers on fully and tighten bolts

Refit rebound adjuster.

That's just from memory but it really is nothing to worry about. Takes about 30 minutes max, after some practise you could do it in 10-15mins. Both my pikes and boxxers were under oiled from the factory.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 12:39 Quote
My boxxers had a good amount of oil and a ton of grease on the Spring but the seals were very very dry.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
For all the BOS USA people, I recently sent my fork and rear shock in for annual service to QBP. I didn't think the suspension could get any better but it already feels smoother than last year. They also upgraded my air spring in the fork, service was great! Glad to have an authorized BOS service center in the USA.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 15:08 Quote
Anyone know what size the du bush is on the bos void??

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 15:08 Quote
Paking wrote:
Dirk77 wrote:

This is what happened on my Boxxer.. Is just changing this oil something anyone can do??

Yes, it's easy as hell. Buy yourself some 0w-30 oil (or 5wt works as well) and then you can keep your fork running well for a long time.

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 10:01 Quote
if anyone putting up an email yt, when the spring rub the rear shock absorber. what they are saying?

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 13:43 Quote
Will a Vivid with a M(reb) and L(comp) tune work OK on a Tues AL? The bike comes with L3(reb) and L3(comp) on the Kage RC.

Posted: May 30, 2016 at 6:07 Quote
hofu wrote:
if anyone putting up an email yt, when the spring rub the rear shock absorber. what they are saying?

Same problem, after only 2 days of riding!! And one of them only for adjust thew bike....

Seems that there's too much coil deflection on this shocks.

Posted: May 30, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
gusnet wrote:
hofu wrote:

Same problem, after only 2 days of riding!! And one of them only for adjust thew bike....

Seems that there's too much coil deflection on this shocks.
Can you upload a photo so all of us can see what is going on? I don't seem to have issue..

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 5:19 Quote
What's the widest tyre you can fit on the Tues? I am thinking of trying Magic Mary's in the 2.5 DH version but unsure if they will fit?

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 8:10 Quote
Throwback question here but I'm struggling to find the answer anywhere else.

26" Wicked.

Is the frame the same on all of the models? If I have a Wicked 150 is it as simple as changing my shock to go to 160 or 170 travel?

Thanks,
Erik

EDIT: Think I've had it answered and the answer is no.

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 10:28 Quote
Jam29 wrote:
What's the widest tyre you can fit on the Tues? I am thinking of trying Magic Mary's in the 2.5 DH version but unsure if they will fit?
I have a magic marry 2.35 on the front of my Tues AL and just had a look at it. I don't think that a 2.5 would make any trouble. The high roller 2.4 in the back is the same width as the magic marry and there is still plenty clearance to accommodate for the 4mm wider tire.

Edit: everything measured on 27.5mm internal width rims.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019751
Mobile Version of Website