YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 5:36 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
I'm not to happy with Guide R's on my Capra, but RSC should be different ballgame. Brake lever has different actuation and has contact point adjust. I recently spoke to people that liked RSC more then Saints, because of better modulation. (They also mentioned that my Guide R in comparison is shit Razz )

I would like to give it a try because it works well with the matchmaker of gearshifter.

But can you elaborate your experience? Did you use Guide R, RS or RSC?

Wouldnt recommended rsc's the lever feel and modulation is fantastic but after 2 weeks in france mine were done..lever just kept coming straight to the bar.

At least yours sounded consistent by coming straight to the bar! Sometimes mine would come to the bar sometimes not - I think air was getting in somehow. Did bleed them and it would happen again after one or two runs. So I did the best thing I could think of and replaced them with V4's.

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 5:53 Quote
discotone wrote:
RuairiFR wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
I'm not to happy with Guide R's on my Capra, but RSC should be different ballgame. Brake lever has different actuation and has contact point adjust. I recently spoke to people that liked RSC more then Saints, because of better modulation. (They also mentioned that my Guide R in comparison is shit Razz )

I would like to give it a try because it works well with the matchmaker of gearshifter.

But can you elaborate your experience? Did you use Guide R, RS or RSC?

Wouldnt recommended rsc's the lever feel and modulation is fantastic but after 2 weeks in france mine were done..lever just kept coming straight to the bar.

At least yours sounded consistent by coming straight to the bar! Sometimes mine would come to the bar sometimes not - I think air was getting in somehow. Did bleed them and it would happen again after one or two runs. So I did the best thing I could think of and replaced them with V4's.

Good choice!

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 14:20 Quote
SRAM have proven time and time again that they haven't a f*cking clue how to make brakes.

Shimano are my go to brand I don't run anything else across all my bikes, I've used in the past and do consider hope as they have proven reliable alternatives.

Also f*ck yt.

Posted: Oct 7, 2016 at 14:27 Quote
that-monster wrote:
SRAM have proven time and time again that they haven't a f*cking clue how to make brakes.

Shimano are my go to brand I don't run anything else across all my bikes, I've used in the past and do consider hope as they have proven reliable alternatives.

Also f*ck yt.

Say whatttt

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 3:46 Quote
Probably works in a local bike shop and blames YT for being pushed out of business...lol

Posted: Oct 10, 2016 at 0:09 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
mamut500 wrote:
Reto, any special tips on the Hope brakes?

Take the caliper off for bleeding and turn it so the bleed port is at the highest point of the caliper and I would get new olives and the brass inserts if you want to shorten the hoses. Even tho they are technically reusable it is super finicky to get them off. Or maybe I just missed something, which is entirely possible Wink

cheers, Reto

Thanks for the tip.
I managed to reuse the olive and insert, tested them yesterday and wow, what a difference coming from Saint brakes!
The V4 have lots of stopping power and most important, consistency! They have waaaay better modulation than Saints. Only time will tell how good they really are.

Also installed the Charger damper and the difference is huge. I really don't feel the small bumps anymore, got better travel although the spring rate is the same and when ploughing through really big roots and rocks, the fork is more plush, gives you better stability and control.

Next step will be upgrading the rear shock to a Vivid r2c.

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 0:43 Quote
I'm looking at getting a second hand 2015 tues cf pro, anyone had any problems and what to look for on a second hand tues ! Do the frames crack or any other nasty things?
Thanks for your help

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 3:24 Quote
RaySmith wrote:
I'm looking at getting a second hand 2015 tues cf pro, anyone had any problems and what to look for on a second hand tues ! Do the frames crack or any other nasty things?
Thanks for your help

awesome bikes, i have just sold mine to go more enduro, but the best dh bike i have ever owned. never had any issues with it, apart from bearings need looked after, but that is really just a scottish thing, lol.

my m8 is selling his atm, really good condition, couple of extras on it and a great price.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2053563/

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 14:03 Quote
demostug wrote:
RaySmith wrote:
Thanks for your help

awesome bikes, i have just sold mine to go more enduro, but the best dh bike i have ever owned. never had any issues with it, apart from bearings need looked after, but that is really just a scottish thing, lol.

my m8 is selling his atm, really good condition, couple of extras on it and a great price.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2053563/
Thanks for the info , your mates bike looks very nice but it's a long way to go and have a look ! I'm in Nottingham

Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 6:13 Quote
that-monster wrote:

Also f*ck yt.
Everything that just came out of your mouth I strongly disagree with. I Only buy online bikes since I dont have a job and saving takes awhile and hope is the only brakes I buy. Bought used v2 for the meta and work much better than any shimano and sram brakes I experienced

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 5:54 Quote
This is a bit off topic but can anyone recommend a good hardtail for winter use, something semi-aggro as I hate the feeling of XC bikes, can be 27.5 or 29 and aluminium, something I can just let the wet Scottish winter destroy.
Cheers!

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 6:17 Quote
Whyte 901/905, or nukeproof scout.

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Say whatttt

Not sure what part caused confusion...

YT can go shove a cheap ass direct sales buying pleb up their arse.

They'll probably cough it up the other end and sell it as another bike.

"NO I WON'T PRICEMATCH AN S WORKS DEMO 8 WITH A YT AND NO I WON'T WARRANTY YOUR SUSPENSION, SEND IT BACK TO GERMANY."

Buy cheap, get cheap service.

Want me to bend over backwards to look after you? Buy one of our bikes which pays for my service.

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 8:20 Quote
To be fair the money being spent on your service should pay for your service.

You want to lose more business by not servicing bikes bought from another source?

Sounds like a good business model! ????

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 9:30 Quote
Killrockstar wrote:
To be fair the money being spent on your service should pay for your service.

You want to lose more business by not servicing bikes bought from another source?

Sounds like a good business model! ????

I know a shop owner who is an intense reseller but is super happy to service other brands. The margins for labor are good. Luckily, we get great service from YT in the US.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015031
Mobile Version of Website