YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 3:47 Quote
Has anybody cut there seat post down on there Tues? I'm riding a large and have the stock SDG seat post all the way in. Asking as someone remarked yesterday when I was riding did I have the seat post raised for pedalling. I figure it's the right length to allow for when the bike compresses so it won't touch the wheel? Or can you cut it down? And why should you? Thanks

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 3:56 Quote
Personal preference and removal of unnecessary weight play a part i guess.

If you're not going to raise the seat, you might as well trim it to the minimum length required to have it set at the height you ride it at.

You can lower the seat to give say 2mm clearance when the suspension is bottomed out, to save on seat buzz. but some people prefer higher seats, totally personal preference. take the air out/spring off the shock and cycle the bike through it's travel to check for clearance.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 6:27 Quote
mamut500 wrote:
samherd wrote:
I asked this a few weeks ago but didn't get much help..

Has anybody had any problems with their Tues CF collecting water in the frame after you've washed it? Every time I wash mine I have to take the seat post out after and turn it upside down to get rid of it, a fair bit comes out... Not sure where / how it's getting in..

I'm pretty sure the water gets in through the seat post slot.

OK so nothing you can do about it really then..?

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 7:33 Quote
bobj wrote:
Personal preference and removal of unnecessary weight play a part i guess.

If you're not going to raise the seat, you might as well trim it to the minimum length required to have it set at the height you ride it at.

You can lower the seat to give say 2mm clearance when the suspension is bottomed out, to save on seat buzz. but some people prefer higher seats, totally personal preference. take the air out/spring off the shock and cycle the bike through it's travel to check for clearance.

Thanks bobj!

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 7:51 Quote
FYI:
bigquotesLarge frame with shock removed for saddle clearance check. eye-eye about 10mm shorter then minimum length of shock at full bottom out. Saddle tube stick up +140mm.
Large frame with shock removed for saddle clearance check. eye-eye about 10mm shorter then minimum length of shock at full bottom out. Saddle tube stick up 140mm.

It can go lower than this with-out buzzing the tire at max travel

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
Jam29 wrote:
Has anybody cut there seat post down on there Tues? I'm riding a large and have the stock SDG seat post all the way in. Asking as someone remarked yesterday when I was riding did I have the seat post raised for pedalling. I figure it's the right length to allow for when the bike compresses so it won't touch the wheel? Or can you cut it down? And why should you? Thanks

I would cut it i cracked my seat tube from having it too far in after the bike took off without me.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 10:09 Quote
Thanks grumposaur and RuairiFR. Gonna cut it down. I have 150mm above seat tube clamp and reckon 140mm will be perfect.

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
samherd wrote:
mamut500 wrote:
samherd wrote:
I asked this a few weeks ago but didn't get much help..

Has anybody had any problems with their Tues CF collecting water in the frame after you've washed it? Every time I wash mine I have to take the seat post out after and turn it upside down to get rid of it, a fair bit comes out... Not sure where / how it's getting in..

I'm pretty sure the water gets in through the seat post slot.

OK so nothing you can do about it really then..?

Nope!
When i ride in muddy conditions i find mud inside the frame...nothing u can do, just wash it good and turn it upside down to drain all the water

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 14:12 Quote
A decent grease on your post can act as a water block to stop as much going down.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
Hey guys, I have tried searching the thread but I found nothing. Do you know which size of shock hardware do I need to fit a Float X2 in a 2016 Tues AL?

I read a few pages back that someone thought it was 8 mm x 22.2 mm but it would be nice if someone could confirm that.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
Looking at the 2017 Tues AL - what size would you recommend for a 178 cm rider? YT recommends a medium but the reach and top tube lengths look a little small.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 12:53 Quote
jwrendenver wrote:
Looking at the 2017 Tues AL - what size would you recommend for a 178 cm rider? YT recommends a medium but the reach and top tube lengths look a little small.
Large, for sure. they do come up pretty small.

unless you want a more playful bike, then go medium. but for general downhill, large.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 15:54 Quote
jwrendenver wrote:

5'8"? Medium all day long, no doubt.

The reach is on par with most any major brand. The top tube is in fact small on paper but the seat tube on the bikes is very low, giving a false sense of size until you throw a leg over one.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 16:41 Quote
yt-USA wrote:
jwrendenver wrote:

The reach is on par with most any major brand. The top tube is in fact small on paper but the seat tube on the bikes is very low, giving a false sense of size until you throw a leg over one.
I'm 5'8" and the medium fits like it was hand tailored just for me ha ha

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 17:36 Quote
yt-USA wrote:
jwrendenver wrote:

178 cm is 5'10". I'm always in between a medium and a large. The struggle is real.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031540
Mobile Version of Website