YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 2:53 Quote
Question about spring rate. Just got my large 2017 Tues Al and wanna know what spring rate people are running. It came with a 250, and after first ride it feels a bit firm with the compression as soft as it will go. Have people been running either a 200 or 225?

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
dirch wrote:
Question about spring rate. Just got my large 2017 Tues Al and wanna know what spring rate people are running. It came with a 250, and after first ride it feels a bit firm with the compression as soft as it will go. Have people been running either a 200 or 225?

I do believe new springs have a bit of a break in period. My Medium Tues came with the 225 and it was too soft for me, Im about 180lbs with full gear. I upgraded to a 250 and it seems to do the job for now although I feel like I could probably go up one more step stiffer.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
I’m about 185-190 riding and have #350 spring on mine. Sits just shy of 30% sag. Maybe could go with a #325 but with the heavier spring it keeps it a bit poppy.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 8:43 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
Groscreux wrote:
RuairiFR wrote:
I went to do mine i wrecked my ethirteen cranks with the wrong crank puller...oops!!

Keep calm even if this crankset is such a nightmare !

I did the same as @Ruairi the first time and almost locked a wrong crank puller inside. Then I send a message to e13/The Hive, they send me for free their own f*cking specific crank puller. Just let them know that the crank was an OEM part and it comes without the puller. BTW I also asked e13 for a new bottom bracket, they have a great waranty politic and they replace parts without asking. Finally manage to disassemble everything.

Since that I snapped two times my crankset internal thread using the right puller. My crank arm is stucked so hard to the spindle, IMO it's even worst if you grease the triangular shape, it acts like paste. So I gave up and still ride a f*cked BB.

To sum up :
- highly recommend to contact e13 support service, the service is more than great.
- no more e13 lg1+ crankset for my next bike

Yea i had to cut mine off they were on that tight...now running hope cranks and bb..fit and forget!!

Well contacted ethirteen regarding my Bottom bracket to see if they would send me out the BB removal tool out and see to see if I could change the Bearings in the Bottom Bracket.

They ended up sending me out the BB removal tool and a whole new Bottom bracket as the bike was less than a year (no charge) Result!

Cheers for the advise Groscreux, and first class support from ethirteen!

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 0:47 Quote
Does anyone else feel their SRAM x9 Type 2.1 has a weak clutch?
Mine can be pushed forward with one finger pretty easily.

I'm getting loads of chain slap when bunny hopping and riding down rough trails.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 19:54 Quote
X9s are all junk. Broken 4 of them for no reason. and they shred cables like no other

dingle485 wrote:
Does anyone else feel their SRAM x9 Type 2.1 has a weak clutch?
Mine can be pushed forward with one finger pretty easily.

I'm getting loads of chain slap when bunny hopping and riding down rough trails.

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 2:42 Quote
hey,
i was disassembling my tues yesterday, and when i took out the steerer tube
my lower headset bearing fell apart?!!?! do you think acros will take it back?
the bike is a 2017 cf model

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 2:03 Quote
MattieCoate wrote:
samherd wrote:
Does anybody know where you can get new bearings for the Acros headset on carbon Tues? Or do cane creek ones work? If so do you know what the sizes are for top & bottom?

Hi mate, I replaced the whole headset with a cane creek on my tues cf, so much better!

IS42 TALL COVER TOP
IS52 CONVERSION BOTTOM

Hi. I bought cane creek IS 42 SHORT COVER TOP , IS 52 CONVERSION BOTTOM.
When I fasten the top cap bolt, steer tube doesn't move freely but with just a little bit of loosening the bolt, it makes play at the headset. So I took a close look at the bearing cup of frame and bearing height of Acros. The height of Acros is taller than cane creek's. I guess the cup depth of the frame is too deep for cane creek's bearing. Is this the same for yours?

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 9:14 Quote
jungjoonc wrote:
MattieCoate wrote:
samherd wrote:
Does anybody know where you can get new bearings for the Acros headset on carbon Tues? Or do cane creek ones work? If so do you know what the sizes are for top & bottom?

Hi mate, I replaced the whole headset with a cane creek on my tues cf, so much better!

IS42 TALL COVER TOP
IS52 CONVERSION BOTTOM

When I fasten the top cap bolt, steer tube doesn't move freely but with just a little bit of loosening the bolt, it makes play at the headset. So I took a close look at the bearing cup of frame and bearing height of Acros. The height of Acros is taller than cane creek's. I guess the cup depth of the frame is too deep for cane creek's bearing. Is this the same for yours?
You get super thin headset spacers to solve this, spacing the cover away from the bearing

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
bobj wrote:
jungjoonc wrote:
MattieCoate wrote:

IS42 TALL COVER TOP
IS52 CONVERSION BOTTOM

You get super thin headset spacers to solve this, spacing the cover away from the bearing

Thank you!

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
Anyone else have trouble removing the rocker link from their 17 al tues? Removed the bolts fine but the rocker didn’t want to come away from the main pivot.

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 14:17 Quote
Any leaks for colors of 2018 models yet?

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 18:10 Quote
Sorry guys, I bought the last Tues AL in black. It was such a damn low price

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
meltedcheese wrote:
Any leaks for colors of 2018 models yet?
Too much teasing but not so many leaks, seems there will be an orange Jeffsy and a matte grey Tues (seen in YT instagram stories and Bryan Regnier vlog on youtube)
https://youtu.be/0tEqoq0blrE

BTW I guess I cracked again my carbon Tues :/
YT wants to inspect my frame to determine if it's paint or carbon crack.
Oups one more cracked Tues carbon frame...

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
Always dreamed of a do it all bike. Currently experimenting a single crown Tues option. Sexy, isn't it ?

YT Tues enduro configuration - Lyrik 160-180mm - Adjustable seat post not yet installed - Big cassette - Both suspensions can be locked Trying to make a versatile bike. Enduro and park focused. Let s call it Freeride bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018050
Mobile Version of Website