YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 3:55 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:
Just about to do a lower service on my 2017 lyriks and rockshox have changed from 15w to 0w 30 for the 10ml in the lowers. I still have alot of 15w from when i had boxxers. Anyone see any issues in using 15w in just the lowers as its only 10ml. Would always use correct oil in the damper ofcourse.
Using different oil in lowers doesnt affect how the fork performs because its only used as lubrication. If you change to a different oil in the damper it changes things...

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 4:12 Quote
Im fully aware it doesnt have anything to do with dampening the suspension, its only 10ml! Just checking if anyone is aware of any reasons it would cause a problem ive over looked

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 18:34 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
jungjoonc wrote:
P90xgreg wrote:
Hey guys. I Just received my 2017 Cf Team a week ago. I have 3 days on it, and the LG1 Hub and 7sp cassette has crazy drag when ridden . Its almost unrideable. I emailed YT. They suggested chain length to long. Chain was correct. Upon further inspection, when I tighten the rear axle to proper torque spec, it drags the cassette... I took it apart and cannot see any issue as its a pretty simple setup. Any ideas? I'm calling YT on Monday
Thanks

So. what happened next? I have the same problem. I cut the hub seal rubber to shallow piece. then it stopped dragging but I don't know if it will keep the dust out.

I contacted e13 and they said it can be solved by adding extra shim or replace the seal to new seal which I saw the comment at https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ethirteens-lg1r-wheels-review.html by e13 component.

I had a similar issue with mine. Same wheels with integrated cassette. Take the cassette/axle off the hub and there will be a rubber seal around the lip near the pawls. Probably need to be cleaned up. Take note of the orientation too. If it goes on backwards it wont seal anything out of the free hub. I cleaned all the grease and gunk of it and now use a light weight shockproof gear oil to keep it lubed. A few drops applied with a flat bladed screwdriver does the trick. Also, when you take the cassette off, there should be a washer on the axle, tight up against the inside of the cassette that acts as a spacer. When I first got my wheels, I missed the part in the mounting instructions for the cassette about this washer needing to be there. If thats missing, it will allow the axle to be torqued too tight and result in some drag as well.

ok. thank you . I 'll try it.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 12:23 Quote
Is anyone here using a 200lb spring on their tues?
Rockshox doesnt recommend using it on a vivid.
My friend is realy light and this is the only thing that is blocking him from buying a tues

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 12:40 Quote
How light is he?

struc wrote:
Is anyone here using a 200lb spring on their tues?
Rockshox doesnt recommend using it on a vivid.
My friend is realy light and this is the only thing that is blocking him from buying a tues

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 13:05 Quote
So light he can't push the keys down on his own keyboard

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 13:27 Quote
sdaly wrote:
Exactly haha, his english is very bad so...
He weighs about 130lbs (60kg)

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 13:52 Quote
I weigh about the same and I was bottoming the 220 so I moved to a 250.

struc wrote:
sdaly wrote:
Exactly haha, his english is very bad so...
He weighs about 130lbs (60kg)

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 13:53 Quote
At that weight, he would likely be out of the adjustment range for the damper valving

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
sdaly wrote:
At that weight, he would likely be out of the adjustment range for the damper valving
so he would have to change the shim stacks?

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 21:37 Quote
Change the shim stacks and/or weigh himself with gear, I bet with helmet and pads, a multi tool, etc. he ends up weighing enough.

Is changing the shim stack out of the question or within reason for him?

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 22:10 Quote
LoganKM1982 wrote:
Change the shim stacks and/or weigh himself with gear, I bet with helmet and pads, a multi tool, etc. he ends up weighing enough.

Is changing the shim stack out of the question or within reason for him?
The gear adds probably about 4kg.
He would change them if it would make the bike feel better So yeah.
He is waiting on canyon to respond to his order, his order of a sender al got delayed for 2 months, so if they dont respond in 1 week he will cancel the order and order a yt

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 4:10 Quote
[Quote="struc"][Quote="LoganKM1982"]
He is waiting on canyon to respond to his order, his order of a sender al got delayed for 2 months, so if they dont respond in 1 week he will cancel the order and order a yt[/Quo

I am also having a struggle choosing between those 2 bikes. What are your friend's reasons for choosing the canyon? I think the spec on the tues is much better. The only thing that bothers me is the reach as I am 6'1''. That's the only good thing about the canyon - it has loner reach but the spec is not that good and the customer support is extremely bad. I think they also tend to have more issues than yt.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 5:37 Quote
[Quote="zandeto"][Quote="struc"]
LoganKM1982 wrote:
He is waiting on canyon to respond to his order, his order of a sender al got delayed for 2 months, so if they dont respond in 1 week he will cancel the order and order a yt[/Quo

I am also having a struggle choosing between those 2 bikes. What are your friend's reasons for choosing the canyon? I think the spec on the tues is much better. The only thing that bothers me is the reach as I am 6'1''. That's the only good thing about the canyon - it has loner reach but the spec is not that good and the customer support is extremely bad. I think they also tend to have more issues than yt.

He choose the sender because of better specs on the al version(3k one) if yt would have an al bike with team boxxers and so on, he would be looking at yts from the beginning. The support from canyon really sucks, his bike should have been shipped on 19.2 and now they say it will ship on 4th of april. So if he doesnt get a respons from them in 1 week, he will order a yt and upgrade it to the canyon spec for 300€ less than the price of canyon

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 5:49 Quote
[Quote="struc"][Quote="zandeto"][Quote="struc"]

Thats what I am doing. I decided its not worth it buying a canyon because of the support issues and the lower quality in general, ordered a Tues and will install a charger damper later in the season. my only concern in that it will be a little too shrt for me, as I am 185 (6'1'') but I will not be racing it, only park. Thanks for the answer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016420
Mobile Version of Website