YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 21:06 Quote
kwapik wrote:
ka81 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
$1,500 for a 4 year old DH frame without a shock? Too much $$$ IMO.
what should be the price for that today?

Here is an example. There's another blue Tues here on Pinkbike for sale. They're asking $1000 with a rear shock and extra parts.
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2424005/
?

M size unfortunately not for me..

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
Hi, I just got the new Tues and I'm changing the wheels on it. But when I put the different wheel on it with a Sram cassette it rubs against the groove that sticks out on the hangar, so you can barely pedal it. The wheel works fine on my old Tues as it doesn't have this groove on the hangar. I've attached some photos - you can see where it rubs from the silver mark on the hangar. And you can see on the cassette where it rubs against the writing... Any suggestions? Thanks
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 9:15 Quote
samherd wrote:
Hi, I just got the new Tues and I'm changing the wheels on it. But when I put the different wheel on it with a Sram cassette it rubs against the groove that sticks out on the hangar, so you can barely pedal it. The wheel works fine on my old Tues as it doesn't have this groove on the hangar. I've attached some photos - you can see where it rubs from the silver mark on the hangar. And you can see on the cassette where it rubs against the writing... Any suggestions? Thanks
photo
photo
photo

Did your old bike have 150mm hub and the new one have 157mm? Might need different end caps.

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 2:01 Quote
arphia wrote:
samherd wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Did your old bike have 150mm hub and the new one have 157mm? Might need different end caps.

No the new bike is 150mm spacing, the same as the old bike. If it was 157mm it would be the opposite problem - too much space...

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
samherd wrote:
arphia wrote:
samherd wrote:

No the new bike is 150mm spacing, the same as the old bike. If it was 157mm it would be the opposite problem - too much space...

I thought maybe he was flexing in the chainstays on a hub too narrow, but you are right they are still 150mm.

I would check that the cassette is tightened all the way on the freehub, and that the freehub is tight in the hub. There shouldnt be so little clearance between the cassette and the frame. Maybe you can find a thinner lockring for the cassette too.

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 15:01 Quote
arphia wrote:
samherd wrote:
arphia wrote:

I thought maybe he was flexing in the chainstays on a hub too narrow, but you are right they are still 150mm.

I would check that the cassette is tightened all the way on the freehub, and that the freehub is tight in the hub. There shouldnt be so little clearance between the cassette and the frame. Maybe you can find a thinner lockring for the cassette too.

The cassette is completely tight. The freehub will be tight as the original E Thirteen wheel works fine. If anybody else has any advice or knows anyone who has this bike with different wheels that would be greatly appreciated...

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
samherd wrote:
arphia wrote:
samherd wrote:
photo
photo
photo

That’s very interesting. I’m considering as well to change the LG1 wheels on my Tues with the shitty rear hub to the new dt swiss fr 1950 with sram x01 dh cassette.
What wheels do you run? Is this a CF frame?
Would be a serious design flaw if other wheels/cassettes didn’t work with the new Tues frame and you had to run OG e13 integrated cassettes.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 16:48 Quote
Following this too, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Tues, but not if I can't change the hubs or wheelset! Gotta be someone in here who knows??

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 16:54 Quote
From the Pinkbike TUES MKIII article:

The rear hub is still 150mm wide and uses a Syntace X12 axle; the dropouts also have recesses to receive the wheel, one of the benefits of a 157mm axle. The derailleur hanger is shaped to avoid chain suck between the cassette and frame and the chain can also be hooked onto the hanger when removing the rear wheel.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
roQer wrote:
samherd wrote:
arphia wrote:

That’s very interesting. I’m considering as well to change the LG1 wheels on my Tues with the shitty rear hub to the new dt swiss fr 1950 with sram x01 dh cassette.
What wheels do you run? Is this a CF frame?
Would be a serious design flaw if other wheels/cassettes didn’t work with the new Tues frame and you had to run OG e13 integrated cassettes.

Yes, it is a Tues CF Pro Race. Yeah the E Thirteen carbon wheels have been awful for me so I'm very keen to change! It's the Hope Tech DH wheels I'm trying to run, with a Sram GX DH 7-speed cassette. I had a look at the Red Bull Rampage YTs and they all had different wheels on the new Tues so it's definitely possible. And I noticed Andreu Laconedguy actually had Hope wheels on his Tues so maybe they work with a different freehub and cassette. I'm thinking about trying the XD driver with an XO DH cassette...

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 2:32 Quote
Why dont you contact Hope and tell them your problem. They’ll tell you what hub of theirs you’ll need

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 12:08 Quote
ka81 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
$1,500 for a 4 year old DH frame without a shock? Too much $$$ IMO.
what should be the price for that today?

Personally I would pay maybe $700USD for a frame of that age without a shock if it was in mint shape and I could inspect in person. The market for used DH frames more than a year old is probably tiny, so I doubt the guy is having any luck selling it, put an offer out and see what he says.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 17:58 Quote
I wouldn't read into any of the rampage riders builds as any sort of indicator of what future builds include. Andreu has rode hope builds at rampage (and everywhere else) for almost 5 years. If you noticed many were riding custom 26" wheel frames as well and I would not plan on seeing any in production any time soon. What the world cup team is riding is a much better indicator of what you will see on future build specs, e.g. Gwin rides for TRP and now many of the builds are spec'd with Quadiems.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 18:01 Quote
Also, Just curious but what do you all dislike so much about the E-Thirteen wheelset? What problems have you had with it? I have had no problems with them and the hubs are very easy to service.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022499
Mobile Version of Website